• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Residents in Bishan are dying...

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
More dengue cases reported in Bishan North
938LIVE reports: 40 new cases have been reported at Bishan Streets 22, 23, 24 and 25 over the past two weeks.

SINGAPORE: Despite efforts by the National Environment Agency (NEA) and members of the Bishan community to curb a dengue outbreak, there have been 131 dengue cases reported in the Bishan North area since the clusters formed. Three weeks ago, when a red alert was raised, that number stood at 42.

The affected streets are Bishan Streets 22, 23, 24 and 25, near the Bishan-Ang Mo Kio park. In recent weeks, more NEA officers and grassroots volunteers have been making their rounds, according to residents.

"I think the NEA has done a good job. They've done a lot of fogging, they have even put a mosquito trap in my block. I think it's a community effort to eliminate all these factors, " said Mr Chua Kim Juan, who is a resident of Blk 221.

Mrs Rita Tay, who is living at Blk 223, agreed. "Every day you can see them coming to knock on my door and spray my house. So they are checking very often. They come nearly every day. Then they give us this mosquito repellent. I think so far this is the third time I've received it. So I think it's good. They really do a good job. "

But the number of cases is still going up, and resident of Blk 221 Mrs Jeri Lee is concerned about her family. "We're all worried about it. But we can't do anything, just to be vigilant, and to keep your sons and daughters healthy. At home, we must also do as the Government says, throw away all water. It's like that."

Infectious disease physician from Mount Elizabeth Novena Hospital, Dr Leong Hoe Nam, said he is not surprised that the number of cases has increased.

"The weather's getting hotter, we know that the mosquitoes will bite more and the life cycle is shortened, which means we're going to get more and more dengue cases. In terms of herd immunity, there are actually a lot who have not been exposed. Which means anyone that the mosquito bites can get dengue fever. The Bishan cluster is but one cluster. As the mosquitoes spread to other areas, I expect to see other clusters to develop. It's just that Bishan was the first foothold the mosquito and the dengue virus got hold of,” he said.

An NEA spokesperson said a total of 96 mosquito breeding habitats have been found and destroyed in the Bishan clusters. More than half of them were found in homes, while the rest were in common areas. The spokesperson added that they will continue to inspect the cluster areas.

Statistics from the NEA’s dengue website show that 242 dengue cases were reported island-wide in the week of 27 June - 34 cases more than the previous week. With the number of cases on the rise, the NEA is urging people to play their part to help stem dengue transmission.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/more-dengue-cases/1959036.html

this is what happens when FAP is in charge. pinkie and tony abbott brought the mossie to bishan and cause dengue to go up.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Remember the history of Bishan. It was a cemetery-turned-town. Probably the disturbed residents are seeking vengeance. Better seek the assistance of Ghost Busters.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have they ever consider the MRT they are building along Upper Thomson Road? The nearest & largest dig near to Street 22, 23, 24, 25, is at former Lakeview Shopping Centre. Of course, "Jamban Lady" once said...construction sites does not contribute to mosquitoes breeding!!

Near to those streets are the private housing estates...maybe they should blame all these people for stuck gutters, leftover unturned pots etc...maybe they should open all the IC's....that is where the breeding are, or the beautiful lake & river near to these streets at Bishan Park..or they should consider the biggest "vermin" of all...wrong cunt sing....vote that useless out.....all vermin breeding will stop....ha ha ha

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Didn't they construct a canal through the park there? It was also boastfully used as the background of a previous National Day Message. :wink:

25075558%20-%2008_08_2012%20-%20pixpm.jpg

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe the residents of Bishan only paid protection fee to the head mosquito gangster in NEA but never paid protection to the other gangs within the main gang, for protection? LoL

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Have you done the 5-minute mozzie wipeout?"

"Remember, Sinkies, it's always your fault." :wink:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Two PAP supporters are interviewed to sing praises of the NEA. If NEA is doing their job, there won't be increasing dengue cases.