• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Mo Gao bankrupt! BBC mass retrench and closure

pap_doggy

Alfrescian
Loyal
No income no assets to sustain losses.

http://tutor2u.chiefstaging.com/business/blog/retrenchment-at-the-bbc

Retrenchment at the*BBC
Jim Riley
26th February 2010
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on LinkedIn
Share on Google
Email this
Print this
This story has, unsurprisingly, generated a lot of media interest.* A report in the Times (described as speculation and not entirely denied by the BBC) predicts that the result of a recent strategic review by the BBC will result in some classic retrenchment by the public-sector broadcaster.*

Non-core radio stations are tipped as candidates for closure and the BBC’s burgeoning web output is expected to be cut significantly.* Bad news for BBC listeners, viewers and readers perhaps (who, in the UK are licence fee payers of course).* But good news (and a source of many opportunities) for the private sector. Who, for example, will fill the gaps in the market if BBC 6 Music is closed?* Students might also question whether there really is a gap in the market!* A good introduction to the concept of retrenchment, and there are some strong stakeholder issues raised here too.

Jim Riley

merlion_CB

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://tw.mobi.yahoo.com/news/觀眾流失授權費減-bbc將裁員逾千人-125510500.html

觀眾流失授權費減 BBC將裁員逾千人

路透社
9小時前
(路透倫敦2日電)英國廣播公司(BBC)表示,由於觀眾不看電視,轉而上網觀看節目,下一財政年度的授權費料比預期短少1.5億英鎊(2.34億美元),因而該公司將裁員1000多人。
BBC成立於1922年,是1家公共廣電業者,每個有電視的英國家庭每年必須付145.50英鎊授權費。
BBC發表聲明說,「2016/2017年度的授權費將比2011年預估的短少1.5億英鎊。」
「這是因為使用iPlayer、行動裝置和網路下載的人增加了,相對地擁有電視的家庭不斷減少。這也再次證明,授權費有必要現代化,以涵蓋數位服務。」
英國電信主管機關表示,目前英國成年人只有69%觀看直播電視;而在16到24歲的族群中,只有50%觀看直播電視。中央社(翻譯)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who will still need BBC? They are outdated. Their times are history.

BBC is a large outfit. I don't bother with the British related news that you find from London, if you use BBC iPlayer.

I watch the International version of BBC news. That's the one that is put out by the local BBC station jn Spore. I also listen to Thai radio stations in Phuket & Pattaya & while those stations are music stations, they switch to BBC when it is time for the news.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
BBC is a large outfit. I don't bother with the British related news that you find from London, if you use BBC iPlayer.

I watch the International version of BBC news. That's the one that is put out by the local BBC station jn Spore. I also listen to Thai radio stations in Phuket & Pattaya & while those stations are music stations, they switch to BBC when it is time for the news.

I used to listen to BBC worldservice on fm88.9 on my discman on my way to school. Now I listen to bbc while I drive. dunno why, I rather listen bbc programs on radio but somehow dun like to watch bbc on tv even though I subscribe to it on my cable tv. In the days before live tv telecast of English football, bbc radio is the only way of getting live commentary on matches on Saturday nights. at the night sport roundup, bbc even announce the score draws and no score draws results. before that, the bbc guy will recite the whole day matches result from Div 1 to Div 4 plus results from the Scottish league.

gold mine top gear no more, bbc cutting cost in anticpation of revenue loss. no disrespect of chris evan but top gear international fans dunno him and most ppl watch top gear not for the super cars but main attraction are Clarkson, Hammond and May.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Looks like the british
reign is over geographically,politically and musically.

Gone are the days of me sipping a cup of brown joy on a sunday afternoon,smoking a pipe of opium and listening to the queen mary's tinkering and pontificating about the british imperialist adventures on the bbc news service.