• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Kong Hee responds to ST report on his lavishing lifestyle in sentosa cove

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kong Hee
6 mins ·

I refer to the newspaper article “City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee puts Sentosa Cove home for sale for $10m” by Joyce Lim published in The Straits Times on 2 July 2015.
I was surprised by the contents of the article. Significant portions of the said article are misleading and exaggerated.
At the outset, I note that the “investor” quoted in the article is unnamed and anonymous.
The property that my family and I have been temporarily living in is co-owned with another family. We have been living at this property with the co-owner’s kind permission after we had to sell our properties in order to pay the legal expenses for the ongoing trial.
The article quotes the “investor” using superlative terms to describe my property, implying that its furnishings are grandiose and luxurious. I am unaware of the intentions and motives of the “investor”, but my family and I would respectfully disagree with the particular nuances in which the article and the “investor” mischievously seek to portray. I am puzzled why the furniture in the apartment is described as allegedly “lavish or opulent”, when it is not.
There is no denying that my family and I are blessed and privileged to be staying at the property. However, my family and I are under no illusion that this is only our temporary home, until the property is sold. The article has given the impression that this property was only just put up for sale. On the contrary, the co-owner and I have been trying to sell this property for some time.
I am particularly surprised by the reference in the article that the “investor” has “the impression that the owner sure knows how to enjoy the high life”. I do not intend to dignify this assertion by responding to this, suffice to say that those who know and are around me, my family and friends, know perfectly well what we have gone through over the past 5 years, and what we continue to go through today.
Lastly, I am shocked by the alleged offer made by the agent to take the “investor” out on the owner’s “yacht”. I do not, and have never owned a yacht. As far as I am aware, the co-owner, who does not live in Singapore, also does not own a yacht.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Pastor Kong should sue the paper or the journalist for publishing an article that is riddled with so many inaccuracies. I think Davinder Singh would be able to provide excellent legal advice.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
probably drinking 90-cent kopi and dining on $2.50 nasi lemak and $1 curry puff to save money. :o

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pastor Kong should sue the paper or the journalist for publishing an article that is riddled with so many inaccuracies. I think Davinder Singh would be able to provide excellent legal advice.

Davinder Singh = 大便的腥. Smelly shitty lawyer. :biggrin:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Unless you are funded by taxpayers, you can't afford the Evil Bayi.

ethanzaclee

Kong Hee responds to ST report

http://edition.konghee.com/about/kong-hee-responds-to-st-report/

Today (2 July 2015) an article appeared in the Straits Times titled “City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee puts Sentosa Cove home for sale for $10m” by Joyce Lim.

I was surprised and saddened by the contents of the article because significant portions of it are misleading and exaggerated.

To begin with, the “investor” quoted in the article is unnamed and anonymous.

The property that my family and I have been living in is co-owned with another family. We have been living at this property with the co-owner’s kind permission after we had to sell our properties in order to pay the legal expenses for the ongoing trial.

The article quotes the “investor” using superlative terms to describe the property, implying that its furnishings are grand and luxurious. I don’t know the intentions and motives of this “investor”, but my family and I would respectfully disagree with what he is trying to suggest.

There is no denying that we are blessed and privileged to be staying at Sentosa Cove. However, we are under no illusion that this is only our temporary home, until the property is sold. The article has given the impression that this unit was only just put up for sale. In reality, the co-owner and I have been trying to sell this property for some time.

I am particularly surprised that the “investor” reportedly said he had “the impression that the owner sure knows how to enjoy the high life”. Suffice to say that those who know and are around me, my family and friends, know perfectly well what we have gone through over the past 5 years, and what we continue to go through today can hardly be called “the high life”.

to be cont...

ethanzaclee

http://edition.konghee.com/about/kong-hee-responds-to-st-report/

(continued) ...

Lastly, I am shocked by the alleged offer made by the agent to take the “investor” out on the owner’s “yacht”. I do not, and have never owned a yacht. As far as I am aware, the co-owner, who does not live in Singapore, also does not own a yacht.

The agent contacted my staff today to apologize. Her message reads:

“Please be reassured I was totally unaware of the intentions of the viewers and believed them to be potential buyers only. I am totally upset that it has caused such adverse publicity for Pastor and his family. The yacht story is also untrue. So sorry this happened.”

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If these r true ....<The living and dining areas have giant crystal light fixtures and works of art. A walk-in wardrobe connects the master bedroom to a huge bathroom with a jacuzzi. The wardrobe area also features two watch display cabinets filled with fine timepieces from Cartier and Bvlgari.>,
his <I am puzzled why the furniture in the apartment is described as allegedly "lavish and opulent", when it is not> is pretty indicative of his taste & lifestyle.
There r still pple going to CHC?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"There is no denying that my family and I are blessed and privileged to be staying at the property."

This can be a applied to the MIW, " we are so blessed & privileged to be paid so handsomely by YOU ( 60%)". If the article is misleading or malicious, Kong Hee Fatt Choy must follow, Mee Siam Mai Hum, hit them with the maximum damages?...he has no "balls"...for if you "shake the tree, monkeys will fall out"....

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only part that was a lie is that Kong has been living in Sentosa before the trial started. The rest is true, his home cannot be considered luxurious because it isn't at the level to his expectation yet; obviously comparing to his rental house in LA. Also, it is true that the co-owner does not own a yacht. The article says the buyer will be taken on a cruise on the owner's yacht but did not mention who that co-owner was. Even so, the article is wrong because you cannot call the sampan a yacht! See below, you think that it is big and luxurious enough to be classified as a yacht??

2hn17o8.jpg

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
What did his response say about

1) His house furniture is lavish to ordinary folks but to him its sup sup water.

2) No yacht. Ok give that to him.

3) No retort about his luxury watch collection so it must be true.

4) Keep emphasizing on the fact that he needs the other co-owner's permission to stay in the penthouse which is utter bullshit. He being a co-owner have every right to stay there.

The fact that he does own a 10 million sentosa pethouse is already 'lavish' and 'extravagant'. what is there to deny. In any case, his retort letter bear little defense.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
What did his response say about

1) His house furniture is lavish to ordinary folks but to him its sup sup water.

2) No yacht. Ok give that to him.

3) No retort about his luxury watch collection so it must be true.

4) Keep emphasizing on the fact that he needs the other co-owner's permission to stay in the penthouse which is utter bullshit. He being a co-owner have every right to stay there.

The fact that he does own a 10 million sentosa pethouse is already 'lavish' and 'extravagant'. what is there to deny. In any case, his retort letter bear little defense.

excellent expose......... fucking cheat trying to cheat SB Forummers!! Up yours kong Hee.......no more fatt choy??

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Prosperity gospel is the same everywhere: in Sinkieland or in Swaziland. :wink:

The packaging may vary but the contents inside the box are identical. :cool:

[video=youtube;Bu4h7FiGuow]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu4h7FiGuow[/video]