• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NUS sacks law prof who attacked cabby

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/nus-sacks-law-prof-who/1956780.html?cid=TWTcna

[h=1]NUS sacks law prof who attacked cabby[/h][h=2]"The university expects all members of its community to conduct themselves in accordance with the law," the National University of Singapore says, confirming that it dismissed Sundram Peter Soosay who was sentenced to four months' jail for assault of a taxi driver.[/h]

sundram-peter-soosay.jpg
Sundram Peter Soosay at the State Courts. (Photo: Calvin Oh)

• Email
  • More Sharing Services More

• A
    • A

SINGAPORE: The National University of Singapore on Monday (Jun 29) terminated the appointment of Sundram Peter Soosay, the assistant law professor who was sentenced to four months jail last Friday for punching and causing hurt to a taxi driver.

NUS said 43-year-old Soosay, who has been teaching at the law faculty since 2008, was at first suspended without pay following his conviction on May 29.

“The university expects all members of its community to conduct themselves in accordance with the law. Dr Soosay has been convicted of a serious offence,” said an NUS spokesperson in response to Channel NewsAsia’s query.
Soosay's academic profile – which has been removed from NUS website – stated that he had graduated from Strathclyde University in Glasgow before going on to spend an extended period at Edinburgh University where he obtained his master’s degree and PHD.

On Christmas Day in 2013, an intoxicated Soosay had vomited in 69-year-old Sun Chuan Hua's taxi before leaving without paying the fare. Soosay then handed a S$50 note after Mr Sun chased after him and threatened to call the police.

As he was walking back to his taxi to get change, Mr Sun said Soosay struck from the back before straddling and punching him.

Mr Sun had suffered injuries to his forehead area, elbows, forearms and knees. He had to be hospitalized and needed 17 days of medical leave.

For his offence, the 43-year-old was also ordered to pay Mr Sun S$1,500 as compensation.

Soosay, who is appealing against his sentence, is currently out on S$25,000 bail.

This is not the first time that NUS has sacked one of its professors over brushes with the law. In 2013, the university dismissed former law don Tey Tsun Hang after he was found guilty of corruption. He was later cleared on appeal.

- CNA/ly

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No worries. He'll get his tenure elsewhere. Talents can find a cushy job in any corner of the world. :cool:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i hope this fucking shit skin gets it damn jiat lak of course chinese dogs like say ginfreely is probably hoping he will get off freely.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope this fucking shit skin gets it damn jiat lak of course chinese dogs like say ginfreely is probably hoping he will get off freely.

As usual Jah_rastafar_I is making baseless and false accusations of me. Bullying others using the cloak of anonymity, what a coward!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As usual Jah_rastafar_I is making baseless and false accusations of me. Bullying others using the cloak of anonymity, what a coward!

So are you a chinese dog? Bullying? Nigger you are an anoymous fuck in the forum how could i be bullying you? But please answer the first question.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
So are you a chinese dog? Bullying? Nigger you are an anoymous fuck in the forum how could i be bullying you? But please answer the first question.

Answer my question are you a Singaporean dog? Yes you are bullying others who have different opinion from you. Calling people names whenever they have a different opinion from you.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Answer my question are you a Singaporean dog? Yes you are bullying others who have different opinion from you. Calling people names whenever they have a different opinion from you.

Nope i am not but you are a chinese dog. How many times i need to answer your stupid question. Firstly you said i am anonymous and so are you so if that is the case you can be bullied? That's my point. Why are you trying to make it sound like you are being insulted when i am just stating facts. Like a person that supports gay sex is a liberal and has a different opinion from a conservative and hence is called a name a liberal just like you are a chinese dog.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nope i am not but you are a chinese dog. How many times i need to answer your stupid question. Firstly you said i am anonymous and so are you so if that is the case you can be bullied? That's my point. Why are you trying to make it sound like you are being insulted when i am just stating facts. Like a person that supports gay sex is a liberal and has a different opinion from a conservative and hence is called a name a liberal just like you are a chinese dog.

There you go again making false accusation. This is the first and only time I ask you are you a Singaporean dog? What is this about how many tmes I must ask?

Precisely people are anonymous and so they can bully others by calling people names, spread lies, slander others. You mean you don't know? Like that I also need to explain how being anonymous can bully others?

You mean calling people dog is not insulting others? You are stating what facts? Is chinese dog a fact? Who are you to judge others are dogs? If you call people chinese dogs is fact, why are you rejecting people calling you Singaprean dog which is also a fact by your own definition?

Hey double standard Singaporean dog. It is time you stop your nonsense. You can make false and baseless accusation of others but you sure make alot of noise when people even ask a question of you. You can call people name as a fact but you don't accept other people applying the same fact on you.