• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roy Ngerng cross examining PM Lee!

Isogallardo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy had wanted to cross examine the Prime Minister desperately. Perhaps he secretly gets aroused at the thought of questioning Mr. Lee in Court. Today, the PM grants Roy his fantasies and obliges.

And the first thing that Roy says? “I am sorry. I had no intent to defame you”.

Seriously Roy? This is a Court of Justice, not a MediaCorp recording studio.

If you recall, Roy Ngerng is an actor. Literally. Albeit an amateur one. He’s done these two shows called “The High Cost of Living (2006)” and “Qian Yan Wan Yu (2005)”

PM Lee’s defence counsel had harsh words for him. ”From the very first, the defendant set out to wound. He knowingly and maliciously published a false and vicious libel against the plaintiff to inflict maximum injury. He then cynically capitalised on, and continues to exploit, that libel and the ensuing lawsuit to promote himself as a champion of free speech,” said lawyers acting on behalf on Mr Lee in their opening statement.

Is the Prime Minister’s act a breach on the freedom of speech, a freedom guaranteed for in our own Constitution?

Well, let’s put it this way: There is freedom of speech, and then there is responsibility of speech. I guarantee that if you accuse any politician – whether it is Low Thia Khiang, Chee Soon Juan, Kenneth Jeyetretnam or Teo Chee Hean – of something he/she didn’t do, trust me you will be hauled to court on a defamation charge.

And why shouldn’t you? The right to speak freely does not exclude you from another person’s right to protect himself. By saying that you have the right to post damaging and criminal content on the internet is a gross abuse of a sacred freedom.

“He would say one thing but do another: He publicly apologised for the libel but he continued to defame the plaintff; he undertook not to repeat the libel but broke his promise; and he claims that he is sincere about wanting to resolve matters but he continues to aggravate this injury”, says Mr. Lee’s defence.

Mr Lee’s lawyers called for “a very high award of damages”, on account of Mr Ngerng’s “malice and continuing attacks”.

“The court has consistently awarded substantial damages in cases where false allegations of criminal conduct were made in the office of Prime Minister,” said Mr Lee’s lawyers in their opening statement.

If we want our country to be taken seriously, if we want the world to continue to respect and invest in our little island, creating jobs and paying our salaries…then we need to stop these little monkey politics that some of these opposition type characters have been creating.

There is nothing wrong with opposing the government policies, political party beliefs and taking public bodies to court… but when you start being childish about it: refusing to let your town council books to be audited, take part in m&d slinging, engage in superfluous protests… then I would say that you take the back seat and leave politics to the professionals.

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/say-no-to-childish-politics/

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ordinary Roy apologized because it wasn't his intent to defame. When it was brought to his attention, the took immediate action. That is an act of contrition.
But LHL wanted more ....he wanted Roy to shut up forever on the issue of CPF. Removing the defamatory comments was not good enough ...LHL arrogantly demanded through his expensive lawyers paid for by our tax dollars that Roy shut up and say no more on the CPF issue. Roy shouldn't and didn't do that.
That's the issue. Will we have a judge who dares to tell LHL that he is wrong or an sycophant.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
what a crap load of rubbish this apuneh lawyer was sprouting.

Long before RN, we taxpayers and CPF investors and owners has been warning PAP to return our CPF@55 money.

I believe from day 1 when we read the newspapers we are angry at the proposition to stop return our money at 55. I believe it started in 1992 and for more than 10 years PAP are deaf and refused to budge on our CPF money.

LKY, the arrogant bully, never learn to listen to the people outcry. So this Apuneh Bayi Singh wake up your idea.

Saying this statement "If we want our country to be taken seriously, if we want the world to continue to respect and invest in our little island, creating jobs and paying our salaries…then we need to stop these little monkey politics that some of these opposition type characters have been creating." ths Apuneh should be ashamed of himself for not defending poor people from government 'chiong' their CPF money.

The baby boomers has had a contractual agreement with PAP to return the CPF money from day 1 the CPF scheme started. The binding contract is enforceable and not to be suka suka tear the agreement apart. If PAP want to be taken seriously honored the Contractual agreement from day 1 of the CPF implementation.

At the crux of this defamation suit is the issue of our Return our CPF money@55 and noting else.

Using the defamation suit on RN will not resolve their decade long dispute with PAP to return our CPF@55.

Even if LHL was sacked by AMK voters in VTO2016, the next PM is from PAP the issue of return CPF@55 remains at status quo.

患乱出英雄 one fall another heroes will raise. As the generation X and Y hit age 50+ more people will see there is no future under PAP anymore and more 英雄 will raise every 1 day till CPF is return to the people @55.

Apuneh, for the sake of your children (X gen/Y gen) and grandchildren(A gen and mobile gen), do something right for the people, not against the people.

Roy had wanted to cross examine the Prime Minister desperately. Perhaps he secretly gets aroused at the thought of questioning Mr. Lee in Court. Today, the PM grants Roy his fantasies and obliges.

And the first thing that Roy says? “I am sorry. I had no intent to defame you”.

Seriously Roy? This is a Court of Justice, not a MediaCorp recording studio.

If you recall, Roy Ngerng is an actor. Literally. Albeit an amateur one. He’s done these two shows called “The High Cost of Living (2006)” and “Qian Yan Wan Yu (2005)”

PM Lee’s defence counsel had harsh words for him. ”From the very first, the defendant set out to wound. He knowingly and maliciously published a false and vicious libel against the plaintiff to inflict maximum injury. He then cynically capitalised on, and continues to exploit, that libel and the ensuing lawsuit to promote himself as a champion of free speech,” said lawyers acting on behalf on Mr Lee in their opening statement.

Is the Prime Minister’s act a breach on the freedom of speech, a freedom guaranteed for in our own Constitution?

Well, let’s put it this way: There is freedom of speech, and then there is responsibility of speech. I guarantee that if you accuse any politician – whether it is Low Thia Khiang, Chee Soon Juan, Kenneth Jeyetretnam or Teo Chee Hean – of something he/she didn’t do, trust me you will be hauled to court on a defamation charge.

And why shouldn’t you? The right to speak freely does not exclude you from another person’s right to protect himself. By saying that you have the right to post damaging and criminal content on the internet is a gross abuse of a sacred freedom.

“He would say one thing but do another: He publicly apologised for the libel but he continued to defame the plaintff; he undertook not to repeat the libel but broke his promise; and he claims that he is sincere about wanting to resolve matters but he continues to aggravate this injury”, says Mr. Lee’s defence.

Mr Lee’s lawyers called for “a very high award of damages”, on account of Mr Ngerng’s “malice and continuing attacks”.

“The court has consistently awarded substantial damages in cases where false allegations of criminal conduct were made in the office of Prime Minister,” said Mr Lee’s lawyers in their opening statement.

If we want our country to be taken seriously, if we want the world to continue to respect and invest in our little island, creating jobs and paying our salaries…then we need to stop these little monkey politics that some of these opposition type characters have been creating.

There is nothing wrong with opposing the government policies, political party beliefs and taking public bodies to court… but when you start being childish about it: refusing to let your town council books to be audited, take part in m&d slinging, engage in superfluous protests… then I would say that you take the back seat and leave politics to the professionals.

http://www.fivestarsandamoon.com/say-no-to-childish-politics/

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Also, I find it hilarious that the Bayee attorney would insinuate that hating a Prime Minister - a politician, is somehow a heinous crime.
To me, it's no different from hating durians, hating gays, hating a movie, or hating a football team.

There is no compulsion in love. Not everyone is obliged to kiss your pompous, self-important ass.

Roy's so-called 'hate' is very mild. In Pakistan, Benazir Bhutto was assassinated. Deal with it, 李阿斗!

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....what a crap load of rubbish this apuneh lawyer was sprouting....Apuneh, for the sake of your children (X gen/Y gen) and grandchildren(A gen and mobile gen), do something right for the people, not against the people.

...this bayee is also MIW, leh. He will sing the same song as all the white ones.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy the faggot is like a 2headed snake.

One head will apologize to Prime Minister in court, but the other head will appear and talk cock once outside the court.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy is good...... he shud be made a MoS with intention of promotion to full minister within months
pple of this calibre is sorely needed to straighten his cuntry