• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why I think Parties to LGBT debate are a confused bunch.

bic_cherry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why I think Parties to LGBT debate have lost the plot.

Why I think Parties to LGBT debate have lost the plot.
lkh11lkh said:
Thread source(A1): Society must learn to accept LGBTs...
IS SINGAPORE ready for the legalisation of same-sex marriage?

Maybe not. But we must learn to accept lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) people in our society. I attended my first Pink Dot event this year and it was eye-opening. It must be one of the few events where LGBT people can show their love openly and without inhibition. I felt somewhat awkward - not because I thought it was not right, but because I wasn't used to so many LGBT people in one place at the same time. A bit more time with them and I started to get used to it.

As I reflected on my experience, I found it hard to believe that LGBT people have to endure this every day - feeling out of place and having to mind how society views them, almost every day. This is unnecessary - because all they do is choose to love and to be themselves. This is why I think we are not ready for same-sex marriage. Our society needs to learn to accept LGBT people, like how we accept our friends and neighbours of different ethnic groups, races, religions, genders, educational levels, socio-economic status, cross-cultural marriages, and so on. Naturally, with societal acceptance, recognition of same-sex marriage will take place. Policies and laws will change, without too much objection and unnecessary debate - rushing a move too fast for us to accept will backfire. Love, as we all know, is universal. I hope we, as a society, can try to accept LGBT people like anyone else.
Yang Mingyi (Ms)
Published on Jun 30, 2015 12:03 AM
http://www.straitstimes.com/premium/forum-letters/story/society-must-learn-accept-lgbts-20150630
I dunno what is LGBT so how to accept???!!!
Is it a tortise, a frying pan or a bicycle? What function does 'LGBT' have?

Am I LGBT too? In army, they said rifle was my 'wife'. But I must protect buddy with my life (using the rifle 'wife' etc)... Everyone in my bunk let alone the ENTIRE BMT cohort was same sex: male: so are we are a 'homosexual' BMT intake (same sex conscripts)???!!!

I actually DON'T give a damn if 2 people of same sex live in the same quarters: even the NUS dorm has same sex floors and visitors of opposite sex are banned from staying / loitering overnight.

I think the focus should be on sodomy (anus sex) which is against nature REGARDLESS of the sex of the participants.

Thus I conclude that all this pro/ against LGBT are just a confused bunch of ignorants who have no serious priorities in life: the pious religious folk are wrong to have allowed the original section 377 (originally against sodomy to be dumped and replaced with watered down, if not technically BIASED 377A) (maybe these 'religious' heterosexual folk are closet sodomist themselves) such that those without heterosexual partners now also want to try the forbidden fruit: thus the main CRIME is sodomy, much less about one's temporary living arrangements or one's choice of close friends. If one's soulmate happens to be of same sex (I believe that that is the case amongst ALL primary school kids and not few teenagers and even adults): then so be the case, some people just do not grow up if at all (some Japanese men have pretty virtual (computer game) soulmates too: how normal is that???)....but why now the big deal: society ought to go after the anus sex guys and gals: these are the miscreants who spread disease (HIV) and damage society, even if publicly they dress in all white, proudly display their trophy wife, sing hymns loudly or pray five times a day.

Last edited: