• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Otters invaded Sentosa Cove killed $64000 worth of Koi fish

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The otters are not so much imported as it is returned; the species was here before industrialisation, died out or was driven away when we polluted their habitats, and have now returned because conditions have changed.

The koi, on the other hand, are imported in every sense of the word.

Between the otters and the koi, I'll choose the otters.

otters have naturally thick fur, and that's because their natural and native habitats are in cold regions of the globe. i don't think otters are native to sg or even the waters in tropical south east asia. they are brought into the region. the asian otter exists mainly in the waters off siberia and japan. they are never known to migrate so far south down to south east asia on their own.

image.jpg

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You might want to have a look at this, the range of the hairy nosed otter:

Hairy-nosed_Otter_area.png

Please also read this entry:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hairy-nosed_otter

otters have naturally thick fur, and that's because their natural and native habitats are in cold regions of the globe. i don't think otters are native to sg or even the waters in tropical south east asia. they are brought into the region. the asian otter exists mainly in the waters off siberia and japan. they are never known to migrate so far south down to south east asia on their own.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
thanks! omg! if this koi-eating otter is the legendary hairy-nosed that is supposedly extinct, then heaven have eyes! golden tiong koi eaten by resurgent m&d native. a very bad omen indeed. :o

You must believe my dear brother only faith in him can save the kois

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Otters and other wildlife are native to Singapore. I caught a glimpse of them in Loyang during the 70s when that area was farm and surrounded by mangrove swamps. It was the urbanization and destruction of habitat that led to the dissappearance of many species. It is good that they are returning and the public more caring for them.

BTW, variants/species of otters are found in other warm and tropical zones too like the Amazon, Ganges.

Cheers!

otters have naturally thick fur, and that's because their natural and native habitats are in cold regions of the globe. i don't think otters are native to sg or even the waters in tropical south east asia. they are brought into the region. the asian otter exists mainly in the waters off siberia and japan. they are never known to migrate so far south down to south east asia on their own......................

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
The otters are not so much imported as it is returned; the species was here before industrialisation, died out or was driven away when we polluted their habitats, and have now returned because conditions have changed.

The koi, on the other hand, are imported in every sense of the word.

Between the otters and the koi, I'll choose the otters.

The otters has swam from JB back to Singapore. of course, food is plentiful here in Singapore water ways. If you have seen the bishan park, the waterways are teeming with fish stock. There the otters love it.

The rogue otters which had invaded the Rich Sentosa Cove must be quickly put down so that the Rich will continue to stay here in Singapore. In other words, killing the otters will do Singapore good. Understand Peasant ? Can i get a Amen from you Peasant ?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
if the so call rich are really rich, what is a few thousand $$ of koi to them... just treat as expensive feed to the otters lah.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
if the so call rich are really rich, what is a few thousand $$ of koi to them... just treat as expensive feed to the otters lah.

These otter need to be taught a lesson on not to steal lunch from the Rich. It is like LHL teaching Roy lesson on not to provoke the Peasants into asking too much question about CPF.

It is working damn bloody fine, we get 40% of Peasant salary without fail, we use the money to generate a lot of money to share with my cronies. We place law so that they can't use this money when they are old or even when they are dying. They can die starving or from old age, but CPF must stay open so that i can suck money for generation to come.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha this is river otter not sea otter, may be try to relocate them elsewhere like at the marina barrage :smile:

In Monterey CA the sea otters are protected. They are very intelligent and cute. There are many at the Monterey Bay Aquarium :biggrin:

pyshock

Alfrescian
Loyal
Otters are native to Singapore and more sightings have been reported in recent years, at areas including Lorong Halus Wetlands and Serangoon Reservoir in Punggol. The otter couple at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park is now a family of five!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Otters are native to Singapore and more sightings have been reported in recent years, at areas including Lorong Halus Wetlands and Serangoon Reservoir in Punggol. The otter couple at Bishan-Ang Mo Kio Park is now a family of five!

Perhaps Sang Nila Utama saw an otter.

There were no lions here... see, even the fundamental national identity of this country was built upon a lie.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Perhaps Sang Nila Utama saw an otter.

There were no lions here... see, even the fundamental national identity of this country was built upon a lie.

it was most likely the javan langur or the lion monkey which is native to the region.

image.jpg

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is humans who are intruding into wild animals' territory: cutting down forests to build their stupid roads and condos. Then they wonder why monkeys, squirrels and otters enter their residences to look for food. :rolleyes:

machaim u stay in stone cave and not modern concrete housing

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have thought about this, and there could be many animals the prince could have mistaken for a Singa, but what baffles me is that people are so quick to accept this false statement and it has become part of history! Isn't there ONE historian in the entire nation who is at least curious about what the prince actually saw?

Cheers!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have thought about this, and there could be many animals the prince could have mistaken for a Singa, but what baffles me is that people are so quick to accept this false statement and it has become part of history! Isn't there ONE historian in the entire nation who is at least curious about what the prince actually saw?

Cheers!

it has to be a zoologist with extensive knowledge of native animals of the region for the past several hundred years to cum forward and debunk the myth of the sinkie lion.

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it has to be a zoologist with extensive knowledge of native animals of the region for the past several hundred years to cum forward and debunk the myth of the sinkie lion.
this zoologist would then conclude that beavers were very much in existence from time immemorial right up to now - with tiongbu, vietbu, thaikok, pinoy beavers that evolved from 4-legged ones to two....same same but different :wink:
Kommittee of Inquiry = KOI.
Anagram for Terrorist = Sirr Otter.
absolutely korrekt :biggrin: