• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Otters invaded Sentosa Cove killed $64000 worth of Koi fish

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
20150701_ln_shuita.jpg

水獭入侵圣淘沙,酒店和洋房养锦鲤的鱼池遭到“血洗”,有屋主申诉“场面血腥”,一夜间损失达6万4000元。

《我报》报道,野生水獭的捕猎范围逐渐扩大,相信在今年4月就开始了近三个星期的大捕杀。

一家酒店的员工向透露,酒店里养着200条锦鲤的鱼池被两条海獭侵袭,近80条锦鲤被捕食,55条重伤,损失大约2万元。

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
velly gooood ah...............those idiots that overpay for these over-glorified goldfishes now know their folly ................

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
20150701_ln_shuita.jpg

水獭入侵圣淘沙,酒店和洋房养锦鲤的鱼池遭到“血洗”,有屋主申诉“场面血腥”,一夜间损失达6万4000元。

《我报》报道,野生水獭的捕猎范围逐渐扩大,相信在今年4月就开始了近三个星期的大捕杀。

一家酒店的员工向透露,酒店里养着200条锦鲤的鱼池被两条海獭侵袭,近80条锦鲤被捕食,55条重伤,损失大约2万元。
When I looked at the otter & its demonic claws I suddenly saw Yang Yin's face...

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
When $60k of fish become fish food. But then again, they jolly well can afford it judging from their addresses.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Otters used to be the face of the Singapore Zoo back then.
Cute intelligent creatures

i believe they are an imported species, much like tiong mei mei's running amok with native sinkie uncles. the local species is no match for fierce and voracious atb's. :p

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The otters are not so much imported as it is returned; the species was here before industrialisation, died out or was driven away when we polluted their habitats, and have now returned because conditions have changed.

The koi, on the other hand, are imported in every sense of the word.

Between the otters and the koi, I'll choose the otters.

i believe they are an imported species, much like tiong mei mei's running amok with native sinkie uncles. the local species is no match for fierce and voracious atb's. :p

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The koi, on the other hand, are imported in every sense of the word....
In the late 80's, during the economic boom, people were crazy about koi. It was supposed to bring good luck. To the rich, it was a symbol of wealth. Dr. WCC had the most expensive collection. He kept koi before the start of the craze so he was a true koi lover. TCB was the first president of the Koi Club.

At that time, the price for each sub-standard koi about 4 inch from Japan cost about $50. Today, it is difficult to find a decent fish farm or shop, let alone finding a decent koi. Thailand is good. Now, their koi is just as good as the Jap's if not better. More importantly, it is way cheaper.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In the late 80's, during the economic boom, people were crazy about koi. It was supposed to bring good luck. To the rich, it was a symbol of wealth. Dr. WCC had the most expensive collection. He kept koi before the start of the craze so he was a true koi lover. TCB was the first president of the Koi Club.

At that time, the price for each sub-standard koi about 4 inch from Japan cost about $50. Today, it is difficult to find a decent fish farm or shop, let alone finding a decent koi. Thailand is good. Now, their koi is just as good as the Jap's if not better. More importantly, it is way cheaper.

when a hungry otter is there to eat the Koi,, so what does it symbolised then?

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when a hungry otter is there to eat the Koi,, so what does it symbolised then?
For the superstitious, it may symbolize bad luck as their "good luck" is eaten up.

For forumers in sbf, they will be keen to find out if the otters are local breed. If yes, then it may symbolize the locals are finally killing the ft. Otherwise, it means ultimately, ft will kill ft.

For me, it is just nature. There is not enough food in the wild so the otter has to find food in buildup area. It is most glad to find big juicy meals in a confined pond. If there is abundant food supply, wild animals will not take the risk to intrude into human territory.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For typical Sinkies, they're lamenting the financial losses incurred, rather than the loss of life.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For me, it is just nature. There is not enough food in the wild so the otter has to find food in buildup area. It is most glad to find big juicy meals in a confined pond. If there is abundant food supply, wild animals will not take the risk to intrude into human territory.

It is humans who are intruding into wild animals' territory: cutting down forests to build their stupid roads and condos. Then they wonder why monkeys, squirrels and otters enter their residences to look for food. :rolleyes:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is humans who are intruding into wild animals' territory: cutting down forests to build their stupid roads and condos. Then they wonder why monkeys, squirrels and otters enter their residences to look for food. :rolleyes:

Do not forget wild boars, that were driven out of the reserve here, rumours says, it was hungry FT hunting them, that is why the crossed the road at Upper Thomson Rd/ junction of AMK Avenue 1, from Pierce Reservoirs....you usually see MONKEYS there, not wold boars..

"why did the wild boars crossed the road"??? ha ha ha