• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Note4 from lollipop to kitkak

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
i want to roll back my Note4 from lollipop to kitkak, how much is the cost? Any lobang?

i tried to diy from nets but unable to.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
i want to roll back my Note4 from lollipop to kitkak, how much is the cost? Any lobang?

i tried to diy from nets but unable to.

You need to get shop to root jailbreak for you but lollipop is a 64bit system more suited to n4 chipset comprehensive to 32 bit for kit kat. But you ll need to find the right copy of kit kat to modulate. That can b irreversible.

SureKnowSomething

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here is another one. Good but not the best for example it can't grant proper permission to apps like Clean Master

If u get a message saying that your device needs to be rooted, u can also use this

PC install version

http://www.kingoapp.com/

On superuser apps, u use either one or the other. You cannot combine them.

SureKnowSomething

Alfrescian
Loyal
it's similar to http://androidsigma.com/how-to-downgrade-samsung-note-4-from-android-lollipop-to-kitkat/ which i had tried but failed. Nevertheless i've bookmarked yours and will try again. Tks.

What i have posted earlier is easy to understand and install.

You can root your Note 4 by D.I.Y. :biggrin:

XDA Developers, largest, reliable Android forum and Mods where u can search, download everything u will need and ask for help

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4/orig-development/sm-n910-cf-auto-root-t2897428

Or one page help and tips

http://www.android.gs/root-galaxy-note-4-using-cf-auto-root-and-odin/

Last edited:

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
becareful.

kitkak 4.4.2 don't allow you to write to external memory ,
u cannot even write to the sd card inserted in the body.

no idea whether 4.4.4 solve this problem.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what's wrong with lollipop ?
if possible i want to upgrade to lollipop the solve the write issue.

Lollipop 5.0 is still fairly buggy. The upcoming Lollipop 5.1 later this year supposedly fixes the problems.

Also, some people may find 'Material Design' too gay. :wink:

Negative

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally agree and i knew that.

but why want to root the phone just for the sake
of correcting one problem.

i prefer to leave it as it is.

Negative

There's more to that

You can delete/add files, folders, editing

I use my customized firmware and delete the stock by carrier.

And a whole lot more

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
totally agree and i knew that.

but why want to root the phone just for the sake
of correcting one problem.

i prefer to leave it as it is.

also to remove bloatwares like hangout to dry, lotsa farkup samsung apps, evernote, etc, you really want to shaft it up the arse of the developers.

PissNPiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks to all bros here.

I bought my Note4 last Dec and everything was fine, battery can last whole day with moderate surfing. But after went for "upgrade" from kitkat to lollipop, the battery depleted from 100% to zero within 3-4 hrs. Went to Samsung service centre - factory reset, battery changed, motherboard changed, still nothing can be solved. I'm not going to opt for Samsung anymore come this Dec for free hp at Singtel.

Lesson learnt - never change the tyre when it's not flat

Negative

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tks to all bros here.

I bought my Note4 last Dec and everything was fine, battery can last whole day with moderate surfing. But after went for "upgrade" from kitkat to lollipop, the battery depleted from 100% to zero within 3-4 hrs. Went to Samsung service centre - factory reset, battery changed, motherboard changed, still nothing can be solved. I'm not going to opt for Samsung anymore come this Dec for free hp at Singtel.

Before u decide to upgrade or downgrade, u can do a search on the net by typing something like this on google

KitKit vs Lollipop comparision

Compare (your phone name, model, firmware) and (desired phone name, model, firmware)

from there u can decide from the various reviews

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Tks to all bros here.

moi take de other way out...moi get a zero lemon 10k mah batt...most ppl dun wanna go tat route...coz de wt and size realli a brick...goot thing ish...with light usuage...de batt can last for more den a wk wo charging...

SureKnowSomething

Alfrescian
Loyal
moi take de other way out...moi get a zero lemon 10k mah batt...most ppl dun wanna go tat route...coz de wt and size realli a brick...goot thing ish...with light usuage...de batt can last for more den a wk wo charging...

Lu Kong Simi? :confused: It's rare to find u in threads like this, welcome :rolleyes: but this ain't a tech forum neither topics of such a common discussion :biggrin:

also to remove bloatwares like hangout to dry, lotsa farkup samsung apps, evernote, etc, you really want to shaft it up the arse of the developers.

Coming from a virus of all people. :eek: Thank u for your valuable contributions but u can't blame my distrust in viruses :biggrin:

Last edited:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Lu Kong Simi? :confused: It's rare to find in threads like this, welcome :rolleyes: but this ain't a tech forum neither topics of such a common discussion :biggrin:

On de short batt life issue...moi chg de stock batt to a high power 10k mah zero lemon batt. Instead of downgrading de os...:biggrin:

SureKnowSomething

Alfrescian
Loyal

Personally i would only recommend trusted apps, web and tech sites. Download and installation of software programs, apk from uncredited source or unknown sources (as seen on your android) is doing so at your own risk and so i will not be responsible. Needless to say, Google Playstore, Amazon App Store and Apple App Store are "safe" :rolleyes:

On rooting, best is to use Odin. I know, very chim for some and also there are lazy people who just want to get it done with just a few mouse clicks :rolleyes: Well u got it one day ago in this thread Kingo Root. Easy ya? Suspicious. In case u didn't know already, Kingo Root and King Root are different Chinese developers.

Check it out

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2604749&page=3

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2473747&page=44

Last edited: