• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HK Students Condemn PAP Government

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hong Kong student group Scholarism is urging Singapore to release teen blogger Amos Yee, who was last month convicted for posting a controversial video attacking late prime minister Lee Kuan Yew.

The group condemned the Singaporean government for remanding Yee, 16, in a mental health institution after his conviction. It said this showed the Lion City was disrespectful of children’s rights and dissenting voices.

“The Singaporean government detained a teenager because of one video. This only shows Singapore, a so-called modernised society, fails to allow dissidents and different voices,” it said.

The group said that under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, young people’s freedom of speech should be protected from government infringements.

Scholarism and the student unions of the University of Hong Kong and Lingnan University will stage a petition outside the Singaporean consulate in Admiralty on Tuesday afternoon to call for Yee’s immediate release.

Kinanna

Alfrescian
Loyal
We don't need other ppls to tell us that our govt is screwed up. We can see that their extreme radical measures have infuriated its own citizens.
And they say to guard against radicalism. Tsk tsk tsk.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We don't need other ppls to tell us that our govt is screwed up. We can see that their extreme radical measures have infuriated its own citizens.

The fight for freedom and reason transcends national boundaries.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkie PAP bashing has now globalised..well done...

I admire Amos Yee.. see what a pair of balls can do? it can bring down a whole bunch of sinkie PAP losers...

I am always right..why is it so hard to be wrong???

Leepotism

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkies are so balless that citizens from other countries have to voice out on their behalf.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

so what do the sinkie population do beside posting in the forum???

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sinkies bloody useless, get the kind of Gahbrament they deserve, therefore I avoid Sinkies as much as possible, damn it waste my time serving NS, waste my money stuck in CPF earning below inflation returns, and now waste my time reading such news in foreign media!

Release Singaporean teen blogger Amos Yee, Hong Kong student group Scholarism urges
Lai Ying-kit
[email protected]

Hong Kong student group Scholarism is urging Singapore to release teen blogger Amos Yee, who was last month convicted for posting a controversial video attacking late prime minister Lee Kuan Yew.

The group condemned the Singaporean government for remanding Yee, 16, in a mental health institution after his conviction. It said this showed the Lion City was disrespectful of children’s rights and dissenting voices.

“The Singaporean government detained a teenager because of one video. This only shows Singapore, a so-called modernised society, fails to allow dissidents and different voices,” it said.

The group said that under the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, young people’s freedom of speech should be protected from government infringements.

Scholarism and the student unions of the University of Hong Kong and Lingnan University will stage a petition outside the Singaporean consulate in Admiralty on Tuesday afternoon to call for Yee’s immediate release.

Yee was earlier found guilty of two criminal charges.

He was convicted of having hurt religious feelings in the video posted after Lee’s death on March 23. He likened Singapore’s first prime minister to Jesus in an expletive-laden monologue.

He was also found guilty of circulating obscene content – a graphic cartoon involving Lee and late British prime minister Margaret Thatcher.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...hould-release-teen-blogger-amos-yee-hong-kong

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Sinkies bloody useless, get the kind of Gahbrament they deserve, therefore I avoid Sinkies as much as possible, damn it waste my time serving NS, waste my money stuck in CPF earning below inflation returns, and now waste my time reading such news in foreign media!

Release Singaporean teen blogger Amos Yee, Hong Kong student group Scholarism urges
Lai Ying-kit
[email protected]

Yee was earlier found guilty of two criminal charges.

He was convicted of having hurt religious feelings in the video posted after Lee’s death on March 23. He likened Singapore’s first prime minister to Jesus in an expletive-laden monologue.

He was also found guilty of circulating obscene content – a graphic cartoon involving Lee and late British prime minister Margaret Thatcher.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/...hould-release-teen-blogger-amos-yee-hong-kong

Exactly... And now your sinkie govt increase your electrical bill amount again, this time 7.5%... sinkies your ass pain or not..

unclesam

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube;Xo-r-015qCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo-r-015qCw[/video]
Taiwan support Little Amos