• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Payslip of a 53 year old Singaporean

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
10 -20 yrs from now...when younger generation along with new shitizen hit above 40s...dey will suffer de same fate...by then...security mah boh tang zou...familee shd b enjoying somewhere else...ah jinx oredi take leave go plan escape route leow...:biggrin:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The image of the payslip seems plausible. I hope that doesn't offend your pro-establishment sensibilities. :wink:

no nid to look at pay slip...de security agency are under moi care in moi ex co.

Gaurd are paid a basic of about 1k for 44 hrs work. Most nid to work 12 hrs a day...6 days a week. Tat will be 72 hrs work week. Plus ot...dey get about 1.8 to 1.9k. On some weekend due to shortage of relief guard, he had to work 24 hrs frm sat morning till Sunday.

nowadays, huan nid to pass wsq test before dey can be deploy. Gone r the days where guards jus sit there n do noting. Depending on deployment...guards nid to operate fire alarm panel, cctv and other diff types of security eqpt. They nid to do patrolling, clocking, counter duties, knowledge in handling terrorist attach, chk vehicle, counter duties, fire warden, fire fighter, first aider and some even stand long hours performing customer services function.

Pappies will tell u...all guards can well afford and live in condo...:biggrin::oIo:

rotiprata

Alfrescian
Loyal
no nid to look at pay slip...de security agency are under moi care in moi ex co.

Gaurd are paid a basic of about 1k for 44 hrs work. Most nid to work 12 hrs a day...6 days a week. Tat will be 72 hrs work week. Plus ot...dey get about 1.8 to 1.9k. On some weekend due to shortage of relief guard, he had to work 24 hrs frm sat morning till Sunday.

nowadays, huan nid to pass wsq test before dey can be deploy. Gone r the days where guards jus sit there n do noting. Depending on deployment...guards nid to operate fire alarm panel, cctv and other diff types of security eqpt. They nid to do patrolling, clocking, counter duties, knowledge in handling terrorist attach, chk vehicle, counter duties, fire warden, fire fighter, first aider and some even stand long hours performing customer services function.

Pappies will tell u...all guards can well afford and live in condo...:biggrin::oIo:

wow!!! multi-skill-multi-task.. beri much a line with LSS "cheaper-faster-better" :biggrin:

sense

Alfrescian
Loyal
The image of the payslip seems plausible. I hope that doesn't offend your pro-establishment sensibilities. :wink:

The security guard payslip can be easily created using a spreadsheet or document software and even if I believe that it's a genuine plain vanilla payslip...

The $12,000 payslip is conveniently missing... he can claimed $15,000 or $20,000 and pro-anti-establishment people will still behave like lemmings :wink:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I started a small business without touching my CPF so why can't he? :rolleyes:

Not everyone is so smart and business-savvy as you. Remember the number of people you call twits in this forum.:rolleyes: They are everywhere! Maybe you have superior genes!:biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Not everyone is so smart and business-savvy as you. Remember the number of people you call twits in this forum.:rolleyes: They are everywhere! Maybe you have superior genes!:biggrin:

I'm not business savvy at all. If I was I wouldn't be wasting my time on small boutique ventures I'd promote myself the big league.

What I'm trying to emphasise is that you don't have to be a genius to run a profitable small business with less than $1 million annual turnove. All it takes is a spirit of adventure, a flexible outlook and a some real hard work at the start. If you run a tight ship you should be able to make $200,000 or more annually on $1 million revenue.

Anyone can do it. Those earning $10,000 per month should have no problems whatsoever accumulating sufficient capital to get going. All you need to do is postpone gratification ie don't splurge on consumer items like cars, holidays and branded goods.

It's OK to let people think you are struggling for the first decade of your working life. Let your friends buy their Mercs and their Audis while you stick to your Hyundai i10 or Toyota Yaris or take it a step further and use public transport.

Trying to keep up appearances in their 20s and 30s is what causes the downfall of most PMETs. When they get to their 40s and the shit hits the fan, they suddenly find themselves over-geared with no income and the downward spiral kicks in very quickly.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not PAP or the Opp party. It is up to us.

The Govt should help those jobless sinaporans to induct them into the work force where their skill and experience can be applied, instead of letting them floating around in the market like the flotsam in the open sea. Where else can they go except to take up jobs unwanted even by the FTs?

Sinaprans should always come first. Foreigners should only take up jobs not wanted by sinaporans, unless the foreigners possess certain job skill which the locals do not have.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
At 53 years old, either he is a top corporate warrior or his own boss. Otherwise, get ready to be security guard or taxi driver. The workplace can do better with younger, more energetic and IT-savvy staff.

absolutely !!!!!!!!!!!
Singapore needs more people like you to progress.
even Leongsam came back because of the opportunity here.
thanks to a good honest government.

PretenderSam

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not business savvy at all. If I was I wouldn't be wasting my time on small boutique ventures I'd promote myself the big league.

What I'm trying to emphasise is that you don't have to be a genius to run a profitable small business with less than $1 million annual turnove. All it takes is a spirit of adventure, a flexible outlook and a some real hard work at the start. If you run a tight ship you should be able to make $200,000 or more annually on $1 million revenue.

Anyone can do it. Those earning $10,000 per month should have no problems whatsoever accumulating sufficient capital to get going. All you need to do is postpone gratification ie don't splurge on consumer items like cars, holidays and branded goods.

It's OK to let people think you are struggling for the first decade of your working life. Let your friends buy their Mercs and their Audis while you stick to your Hyundai i10 or Toyota Yaris or take it a step further and use public transport.

Trying to keep up appearances in their 20s and 30s is what causes the downfall of most PMETs. When they get to their 40s and the shit hits the fan, they suddenly find themselves over-geared with no income and the downward spiral kicks in very quickly.

very good advise from a talented person.
Singapore needs you more that you need Singapore.

BTW , how come all my postings need administrator to vet and approve
before they are allowed to be posted ???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a guy earning 120k a month,he should have done well and have a few million stashed away in stocks and retired in nz shagging sheep.but now hes a lowly security guard making 80 bucks in sg.this is why cpf is necessary for sinkies

At age 53, if previously was earning 12k/month, he should be taking life easy, even with three university going children. With substantial savings, maybe overall net worth at 2kk or more.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
BTW , how come all my postings need administrator to vet and approve
before they are allowed to be posted ???? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

New accounts go through a period of moderation for the first handful of posts. This is to keep spam out of the forum.