• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

10 most expensive motorcycles in the world.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't care about motorcycles that are expensive, to me, you only buy a bike when you can't afford a car. There is no prestige associated with two-wheels, the rider is exposed to dust, weather, and the other elements of nature like rain. And it is also dangerous. But there seems to be an appeal to those with extra money, and they will fork the cash out for expensive bikes - Harley Davidsons and Ducatis aren't for those with economy on their minds. But here's a list of bikes that are way way more costly, not something real bikers would consider though. None of them are mass-produced anyway, and the target market doesn't look like bike enthusiasts anyway. For those who are interested, suggest you click on the URL link, you can see the pictures of the models. If you buy one of them, I think they belong to a museum more than the street.

Cheers!

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/buy...m_medium=tcg&utm_campaign=zergnet-test-552922

The 10 Most Expensive Motorcycles in the World

Fantasy shopping for the fastest, most exotic bikes known to man

By Basem Wasef
Motorcycles Expert

Looking for sky's-the-limit examples of two-wheeled art? It doesn't get much wilder than this list of ten money-no-object examples of what happens when exotic materials meet outrageous powerplants.
To make this list, these motorcycles must be produced serially (ie, no one-offs), and currently be available to consumers.
Here are 10 glorious, two-wheeled ways to rid yourself of those pesky lottery winnings:

10. Confederate B120 Wraith - $92,500
Confederate's $80,000 Black Flag is one seriously pricey bike, but it's far from the most expensive.
Number ten on our list of the most expensive motorcycles in the world is the Black Flag's stablemate, the Confederate B120 Wraith. It may not boast the most killer performance (125 hp from an air-cooled twin), but the U.S.-built Wraith's assemblage of aircraft grade billet aluminum and carbon fiber make it a force to be reckoned with in area of eye-popping design.

9. Vyrus 987 C3 4V - $103,769
Italian bike builder Vyrus (pronounced Vee-rus) specializes in novel engineering designs, and their Ducati-powered creations start at a mere €29,080... but move all the way up to their 987 C3 4V V (Volumex) model, and you'll be looking at a €75,835 premium-- or, $103,769 at today's exhange rate.
Powered by a supercharged 1,200cc Ducati engine that produces 211 horsepower, this bike weighs in at only 350 pounds. The motorcycle pictured here was ordered by a customer for racing, yet wanted the crash-friendly Alutex fairing replaced with carbon fiber-- which ran the price up to €84,000-- or roughly $115,000!

8. MV Agusta F4CC - $120,000
The 200 horsepower MV Agusta F4CC was a no-holds barred motorcycle inspired by CEO Claudio Castiglioni's one-off personal project, and the six-figure sportbike was to be limited to 100 units, worldwide. Problem was, an unexpected global recession put a lid on wild discretionary purchases, Harley-Davidson purchased (and since sold MV Agusta back to Mr. Castiglioni), and those 100 units never completely sold out-- forcing F4CCs to languish in showrooms. You can still buy a brand new F4CC (which includes a €15,000 Girard-Perregaux Laureato EVO3 F4CC wristwatch), and you can probably get away with spending far less than the original $120,000 asking price, to boot.

7. NCR MH TT (Mike Hailwood) - $130,000
Only 12 of these tribute bikes were built to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Mike Hailwood's triumphant victory at the Isle of Man, and its 130 horsepower engine boasts a billet crankshaft while its titanium frame weighs only 11 pounds. It may not be the fastest bike on this list, but its retro silhouette is certainly one of the most understated and elegant.

6. NCR Leggera 1200 Titanium Special - $145,000
NCR is famous for its race bikes, but this Ducati Hypermotard-based effort represents their first ever street-legal offering. Weighing only 328 pounds total, the Leggera boasts suspension developed directly with Öhlins, brakes developed through Brembo, carbon fiber BST wheels, and a titanium frame that weighs only 10.6 pounds... but where's the license plate bracket?

5. Icon Sheene - $172,000
Another tribute bike to a legendary racer, the Icon Sheene pays homage to British world champ Barry Sheene. Each of these 52 bikes features a hand-painted image of a playing card, and its 1,400cc Suzuki engine receives extra motivation from a Garrett turbocharger running at .4 bar. Producing 250 horsepower, Icon called their Sheene the most powerful production motorcycle in the world at the time it was released... and at £107,000 (approximately $172,000 using today's conversion rates), it's still one of the most expensive.

4. MTT Turbine Streetfighter - $175,000
It doesn't get much more excessive than this: putting the V8-powered Boss Hoss motorcycles to shame, MTT's Streetfighter packs nothing less than a Rolls-Royce-Allison turbine-- the same sort of powertrain you'd find in a helicopter-- that drives 320 horsepower to a Pirelli Diablo 240mm rear tire. A tubular aluminum frame, rear-mounted camera with LCD color display, and carbon fiber fairings come standard, but serious speed freaks will tick the box that upgrades to a 420 horsepower turbine that produces 500 lb-ft of torque... yikes!

3. NCR Macchia Nera Concept - $225,000
Designer Aldo Drudi was responsible for the naked, angular shapes of the Machhia Nera concept, and this bike-- whose name curiously translates to "Black Spot"-- is powered by a Ducati 998R engine that produces 185 horsepower. The clincher? The whole bike weighs only 297 pounds.

2. NCR M16 - $232,500
NCR's nearly quarter-million dollar M16 weighs in at only 319 pounds (without gas), and features a carbon fiber frame, ceramic matrix composite brakes, and specially tuned Öhlins suspension. This bad boy's price starts at $160,000, which doesn't include the $72,500 Ducati Desmosedici you'll need to snag in order to pull the motor from... good luck with that!

1. Ecosse Titanium Series FE Ti XX - $300,000
Ecosse's brawny Heretic lineup is coming to an end, and the outgoing flagship Series RR bike ($275,000) will soon be capped off by the even more exclusive (and pricey) FE Ti XX, which will see 13 units produced.
The new world's most expensive motorcycle will be powered by a 2,409cc billet engine with Ecosse's highest ever horsepower figure: 225 hp at the rear wheel. Carbon fiber finishes abound, the saddle comes from high-end Italian leathermaker Berluti, and the exhaust pipes have a ceramic media shot-peened finish on grade-9 titanium... but this ultimate Ecosse won't be king forever. When it's released, the upcoming ES1 model will usurp the crown with a $350,000 price tag. It's tough keeping up with the Joneses, eh?

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Told you if you know nuts about motorcycles...don't post any more topic on it!

Most expensive so what? can it perform?

And what it the best performance motorcycles that can be brought now and is road legal?

Bet you are googling and searching for it right now!LoL

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
6_0.jpg

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i don't dare ride 2 wheeler anymore but i will invest in this scooter instead:

I don't care about motorcycles that are expensive, to me, you only buy a bike when you can't afford a car. There is no prestige associated with two-wheels, the rider is exposed to dust, weather, and the other elements of nature like rain. And it is also dangerous. But there seems to be an appeal to those with extra money, and they will fork the cash out for expensive bikes - Harley Davidsons and Ducatis aren't for those with economy on their minds. But here's a list of bikes that are way way more costly, not something real bikers would consider though. None of them are mass-produced anyway, and the target market doesn't look like bike enthusiasts anyway. For those who are interested, suggest you click on the URL link, you can see the pictures of the models. If you buy one of them, I think they belong to a museum more than the street.

Cheers!

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most of the brands I have never heard of. Are they all tuning companies?

No, they are Loser companies that can only modify and make prototype trophy show case motorcycle, that will fail if put thru the endurance test.

Just like a typical Sinkie! LoL

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Cheers!

http://motorcycles.about.com/od/buy...m_medium=tcg&utm_campaign=zergnet-test-552922

The 10 Most Expensive Motorcycles in the World

Fantasy shopping for the fastest, most exotic bikes known to man

By Basem Wasef
Motorcycles Expert

Looking for sky's-the-limit examples of two-wheeled art? It doesn't get much wilder than this list of ten money-no-object examples of what happens when exotic materials meet outrageous powerplants.
To make this list, these motorcycles must be produced serially (ie, no one-offs), and currently be available to consumers.
Here are 10 glorious, two-wheeled ways to rid yourself of those pesky lottery winnings:

10. Confederate B120 Wraith - $92,500
Confederate's $80,000 Black Flag is one seriously pricey bike, but it's far from the most expensive.
Number ten on our list of the most expensive motorcycles in the world is the Black Flag's stablemate, the Confederate B120 Wraith. It may not boast the most killer performance (125 hp from an air-cooled twin), but the U.S.-built Wraith's assemblage of aircraft grade billet aluminum and carbon fiber make it a force to be reckoned with in area of eye-popping design.

9. Vyrus 987 C3 4V - $103,769
Italian bike builder Vyrus (pronounced Vee-rus) specializes in novel engineering designs, and their Ducati-powered creations start at a mere €29,080... but move all the way up to their 987 C3 4V V (Volumex) model, and you'll be looking at a €75,835 premium-- or, $103,769 at today's exhange rate.
Powered by a supercharged 1,200cc Ducati engine that produces 211 horsepower, this bike weighs in at only 350 pounds. The motorcycle pictured here was ordered by a customer for racing, yet wanted the crash-friendly Alutex fairing replaced with carbon fiber-- which ran the price up to €84,000-- or roughly $115,000!

8. MV Agusta F4CC - $120,000
The 200 horsepower MV Agusta F4CC was a no-holds barred motorcycle inspired by CEO Claudio Castiglioni's one-off personal project, and the six-figure sportbike was to be limited to 100 units, worldwide. Problem was, an unexpected global recession put a lid on wild discretionary purchases, Harley-Davidson purchased (and since sold MV Agusta back to Mr. Castiglioni), and those 100 units never completely sold out-- forcing F4CCs to languish in showrooms. You can still buy a brand new F4CC (which includes a €15,000 Girard-Perregaux Laureato EVO3 F4CC wristwatch), and you can probably get away with spending far less than the original $120,000 asking price, to boot.

7. NCR MH TT (Mike Hailwood) - $130,000
Only 12 of these tribute bikes were built to commemorate the 30th anniversary of Mike Hailwood's triumphant victory at the Isle of Man, and its 130 horsepower engine boasts a billet crankshaft while its titanium frame weighs only 11 pounds. It may not be the fastest bike on this list, but its retro silhouette is certainly one of the most understated and elegant.

6. NCR Leggera 1200 Titanium Special - $145,000
NCR is famous for its race bikes, but this Ducati Hypermotard-based effort represents their first ever street-legal offering. Weighing only 328 pounds total, the Leggera boasts suspension developed directly with Öhlins, brakes developed through Brembo, carbon fiber BST wheels, and a titanium frame that weighs only 10.6 pounds... but where's the license plate bracket?

5. Icon Sheene - $172,000
Another tribute bike to a legendary racer, the Icon Sheene pays homage to British world champ Barry Sheene. Each of these 52 bikes features a hand-painted image of a playing card, and its 1,400cc Suzuki engine receives extra motivation from a Garrett turbocharger running at .4 bar. Producing 250 horsepower, Icon called their Sheene the most powerful production motorcycle in the world at the time it was released... and at £107,000 (approximately $172,000 using today's conversion rates), it's still one of the most expensive.

4. MTT Turbine Streetfighter - $175,000
It doesn't get much more excessive than this: putting the V8-powered Boss Hoss motorcycles to shame, MTT's Streetfighter packs nothing less than a Rolls-Royce-Allison turbine-- the same sort of powertrain you'd find in a helicopter-- that drives 320 horsepower to a Pirelli Diablo 240mm rear tire. A tubular aluminum frame, rear-mounted camera with LCD color display, and carbon fiber fairings come standard, but serious speed freaks will tick the box that upgrades to a 420 horsepower turbine that produces 500 lb-ft of torque... yikes!

3. NCR Macchia Nera Concept - $225,000
Designer Aldo Drudi was responsible for the naked, angular shapes of the Machhia Nera concept, and this bike-- whose name curiously translates to "Black Spot"-- is powered by a Ducati 998R engine that produces 185 horsepower. The clincher? The whole bike weighs only 297 pounds.

2. NCR M16 - $232,500
NCR's nearly quarter-million dollar M16 weighs in at only 319 pounds (without gas), and features a carbon fiber frame, ceramic matrix composite brakes, and specially tuned Öhlins suspension. This bad boy's price starts at $160,000, which doesn't include the $72,500 Ducati Desmosedici you'll need to snag in order to pull the motor from... good luck with that!

1. Ecosse Titanium Series FE Ti XX - $300,000
Ecosse's brawny Heretic lineup is coming to an end, and the outgoing flagship Series RR bike ($275,000) will soon be capped off by the even more exclusive (and pricey) FE Ti XX, which will see 13 units produced.
The new world's most expensive motorcycle will be powered by a 2,409cc billet engine with Ecosse's highest ever horsepower figure: 225 hp at the rear wheel. Carbon fiber finishes abound, the saddle comes from high-end Italian leathermaker Berluti, and the exhaust pipes have a ceramic media shot-peened finish on grade-9 titanium... but this ultimate Ecosse won't be king forever. When it's released, the upcoming ES1 model will usurp the crown with a $350,000 price tag. It's tough keeping up with the Joneses, eh?

Some friends of mine who buy bike can afford a few cars park in their basement prefer bike because of the freedom feeling it gives them :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most motorcycles today are capable of exceeding the ability of the riders (with the exception of a handful of professionals). A low cost 100cc transport bike is able to accelerate beyond control of many riders. Any "sportbike" is a potential killer machine. Yes, an MV Agusta easily outperforms a Honda CB400 Superfour, but the Superfour is already beyond the ability of most riders. If you read my paragraph, I downplayed the "cost" and exoticness of these monster bikes. This subject is solely for interest only.

Cheers!

Most expensive so what? can it perform?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's sensible. I rode when I was younger, and also because I was hot-headed. Thinking back, we were a bunch of inexperienced morons astride overpowered machines. But it was fun! I no longer yearn for the adrenalin rush, but I do admire bikes. Years ago, I attend the Toronto Bike show every January, and found myself spending more time at the vintage bike section than the newer tech bikes.

Cheers!

i don't dare ride 2 wheeler anymore but i will invest in this scooter instead:.............

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
It looks like they're customised bikes, using engines from established manufacturers like Ducati, then putting the body, wheels, forks, brakes, around the engine. That could be the main reason for their price.

Cheers!

Most of the brands I have never heard of. Are they all tuning companies?

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your friends are pretty well-off. They get the bikes not for commuting, but for their weekend pursuits. Wish I could afford biking as a hobby other than just looking and salivating. If I could afford one, it would not be for riding, but just to look at and sometimes start the engine, and a short ride once or twice around the block. I'd get an old 70s model Jap bike if I had that chance. Family would be pissed off if I did that though.

Cheers!

Some friends of mine who buy bike can afford a few cars park in their basement prefer bike because of the freedom feeling it gives them :wink:

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's a damn sexy looking machine. Looks good in the showroom though. Can't carry passenger, no saddle bags to buy groceries (or beer!), and a tough little bugger to keep clean!! But its nice. Don't know how much it'd cost, but I'd spend that money on a Mini Cooper instead!

Cheers!