• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ξ Barclays Premier League Season 2015-16 Ξ

DeBruyne

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rodgers reveals sit-down with Liverpool successor Klopp

3 February 2016

1002676header.jpg

Former Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers has revealed he invited successor Jurgen Klopp for talks at the his house following the German's appointment.

Rodgers was replaced by the ex-Borussia Dortmund boss in October after spending three years in charge at Anfield.

The Northern Irishman said he offered support and advice to Klopp as he prepared to take charge of the Premier League club.

"I remember when Klopp first got the job and we sat down and we spoke," Rodgers told beIN Sport. "We sat and had a chat at my house. He's a good guy. Whatever help he needed going into the job, I was there for that."

Rodgers went on to defend Liverpool's £32.5million signing of Christian Benteke from Aston Villa last July.

The Belgium international has failed to find consistent form this season, scoring just six goals in 21 league appearances, but Rodgers insists patience is key to helping the striker reach his potential.

"We felt at that time that Christian was up there in terms of goals to games," he said. "We felt that he was someone that we didn't have in the squad. The problem now is the patience element. There doesn't seem to be time.

"We talk about patience. An example is Robert Lewandowski at Bayern Munich and he wouldn't have got the patience in the Premier League that he did in the Bundesliga and now look at him.

"Christian over time will show he's a top-class player."

Klopp's Liverpool sit eighth in the league, having suffered a 2-0 loss to leaders Leicester City on Tuesday.

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Mourinho close to agreeing Man Utd deal

2425162_heroa.jpg

Feb 4, 2016 00:09:00

The Portuguese coach is reportedly ready to sign on at Old Trafford and take on new Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola in the Premier League next season

Jose Mourinho is close to agreeing a deal to become the new manager of Manchester United, according to Sky Sport Italia.

The Portuguese coach has been strongly linked with a move to Old Trafford since his sacking by Chelsea and speculation has intensified following confirmation of Pep Guardiola's move to Manchester City.

Mourinho went head-to-head with Guardiola in Spain during their reigns at Real Madrid and Barcelona respectively and could be set to take on his old rival again next season.

Rodgers

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rodgers: I´ve turned down Swansea and four other clubs since Liverpool

8 February 2016

1005643header.jpg

Former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers revealed he has turned down five job opportunities, including old club Swansea City, since his sacking at Anfield in October.

Rodgers was strongly linked with the Swansea job after Garry Monk was axed in December and he has confirmed that his former side were one of the teams he spoke to.

But the 43-year-old reiterated that he has no plans to take another job until the end of the season and believes his time out of the game will prove beneficial when he makes his return to management.

"I have had five opportunities since I left Liverpool to get back into work, all at clubs I really respect," Rodgers told beIN Sports. "But I just felt I wanted to take some time out. It is very intense when you are in the game.

"I spoke to Huw Jenkins, the chairman and people I know well, but I made it clear and I was pretty open. Swansea is a wonderful club and there were also a couple of other Premier League clubs I could have gone back to.

"But I wasn't going to be available to come into a club before the summer. I enjoy the scrutiny and life of being at the leading edge of the game, but the opportunity that presented itself when I left Liverpool gave me the chance to go away for the first time in five years.

"I can sit and reflect on how I work and can improve and I hope my next club will benefit from that. I had the same situation when I left Reading in December [2009].

"I had a bit of time out and my next club, Swansea, benefited from that and it went well, as it did at Liverpool for a period. So I hope this will be the same and then I will look to get back somewhere by pre-season."

Rodgers stresses that he is receptive to job offers in England or abroad and will not restrict himself only to opportunities at top-tier clubs.

He continued: "I am open. It is where I feel I can go in and make a difference: a job that will excite me.

"It doesn't have to necessarily be at a top club. It can be at home or abroad. It is just about finding the right opportunity, one that will excite me to go in and somewhere I can help make better."

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Liverpool cancel Q&A to discuss ticket price furore

8 February 2016

1005583header.jpg

Liverpool have cancelled a Q&A session in which chief executive Ian Ayre was due to respond to supporter concerns over increased ticket prices.

Fans staged a walkout in the 77th minute of Saturday's 2-2 draw with Sunderland at Anfield in protest over rising costs which will see the most expensive matchday ticket go from £59 to £77, while the top-priced season ticket would be priced at £1,029.

Liverpool had invited concerned supporters to send in questions to which Ayre would respond in an online discussion on Monday, but that has now been called off just four hours before the scheduled start time.

"LFC thanks fans for submitting questions for tonight's Q&A however due to ongoing ticketing discussions, this will no longer take place," the club announced via Twitter.

Manager Jurgen Klopp, who missed Saturday's game due to illness, admitted he was not happy with the walkout but refused to comment in any detail on the argument.

"It's not too easy for me to say much because I wasn't there," he said. "I know it is my problem too but everything I could say would make it more complicated.

"I have to collect more information because the club is speaking to find a solution.

"It is not what we want for fans to leave the stadium before the match is finished."

Ayre had insisted on Friday that critics had too narrow a view of the new pricing structure, pointing out that the most expensive tickets only applied to the prime seats in Anfield's rebuilt Main Stand and that a number of low-priority matches offered seats for just £9.

"People should be careful what they wish for," he said.

"We have great owners - that £100million [for the new Main Stand] came interest-free and they don't take a penny out of this football club.

"People should make their own decisions but I feel absolutely we have made the right decision and have everyone's best interests at heart."

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bilic wants new contract to keep Payet at West Ham

dimitripayet-cropped_tatsp22p9o6619mgvif3sbhpw.jpg

By Sacha Pisani
Feb 9, 2016 00:28:47

The midfielder joined the club from Marseille in the summer and has since emerged as one of the finest playmakers in the country, scoring six goals and providing four assists

West Ham manager Slaven Bilic wants Dimitri Payet to sign a new contract as the club look to retain the services of their star midfielder.

Payet has emerged as one of the league's leading midfielders since joining West Ham from Marseille in the summer, scoring six goals and providing four assists in 18 appearances.

The France international's exploits have helped West Ham up to sixth position in the Premier League and while he signed a five-year deal upon his arrival at Upton Park, Bilic is ready to offer the 28-year-old improved terms.

GOAL READ MORE | Klopp: We won't follow Payet to the toilet!

Bilic said: "We are moving, the club is moving, with the new stadium, with the revenue and everything. We have to move and the most important move is to keep your best players and to add some new players who are needed and Dimitri Payet is our best player – I have no problem whatsoever to say that.

"Of course, I would love to have him happy, long term, at the club.

"He signed only a few months ago but he has made a huge impact – a very, very huge impact – and while he has a long contract, five-and-a-half years, he is in a good position.

Depay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Allegri will join Chelsea, says former coach

9 February 2016

1005847header.jpg

Former coach Giovanni Galeone expects Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri to fill the void left by Jose Mourinho at Chelsea.

Two-time Serie A-winning coach Allegri is reportedly the frontrunner to manage Chelsea next season after Mourinho departed by mutual consent in December.

Allegri has continued to play down a move to Stamford Bridge and the Premier League with his contract at Juventus not due to expire until 2017.

But Galeone, who coached Allegri during his playing career, believes the 48-year-old Italian is well equipped to succeed in England.

"I think Max will go to Chelsea and will do very well," the 75-year-old told Radio Radio.

"Allegri is doing incredible things, even if the club failed to buy the players he requested last summer: from Mario Gotze, to Isco.

"For me, he will leave Italy, and I see him going to England because the deal [Chelsea owner Roman] Abramovich has offered is really fantastic.

"As one of the five best coaches in the world, he has to leave Juventus, it makes no sense for him to stay in Italy."

Juventus are flying high this term and on track for a fifth Scudetto amid their 14-game winning streak in Serie A.

Alexis

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hiddink plays down effect of Zouma injury on Terry future

kurt-zouma-fc-chelsea-manchester-united-02072016_93vrnegxs6n51qjp220izbys0.jpg

By Matthew Rogerson
Feb 12, 2016 14:33:00

With the Frenchman out for the season, Chelsea's interim manager would not be drawn on whether the Blues captain could be offered fresh terms at Stamford Bridge

Chelsea manager Guus Hiddink does not feel Kurt Zouma's season-ending injury will necessarily lead to a new contract for departing captain John Terry.

The Chelsea skipper revealed last month that he is to depart Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, with the Premier League champions hit last weekend by a long-term knee injury to fellow centre-back Zouma.

Zouma's absence may lead to January signing Matt Miazga being debuted earlier than expected but Hiddink would not be drawn on whether the injury had highlighted Terry's importance.

"I don't know, that's something for the management and the board and the directors," he told reporters.

"The door is open so we will see what happens. Miazga moves up and also I have the kid from academy [Jake Clarke-Salter] so we'll see what happens.

"Inside our first-team squad of 15 or 16 we can make variations, we have options to choose from.

"The unexpected can happen, but we have youngsters and other players and we have no fear to use them. Miazga is physically okay but we'll see what happens next week."

Miazga could be in line for an appearance against Manchester City in the FA Cup next Sunday along with fellow new arrival Alexandre Pato.

Asked about Pato's road to fitness and a possible debut against Newcastle United on Saturday, Hiddink added: "Not this weekend, he is at the end of the second week of pre-season, he is doing well.

"Both him and Matt are training with us and doing an extra programme. This is made with a focus around next weekend so we will see how his fitness is.

"He is progressing, he came off holiday and obviously you can see the difference between those in daily training and someone who has come back from holiday.

"But he is progressing so we'll see how he goes in his tough programme next week.

"The skill is something nature gives, you can improve it of course, but fitness and frequent actions of speed for instance need training sessions."

JurgenKlopp

Alfrescian
Loyal

Klopp expects Liverpool´s Premier League drought to continue

12 February 2016 02:18

1007468header.jpg

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has called for patience, insisting there is no quick fix to the club's woes.

The Anfield club have struggled to climb up the Premier League table since Klopp took over from Brendan Rodgers in October as they languish in ninth position in the Premier League, 12 points adrift of the top four and 22 points off league leaders Leicester City.

Liverpool have not won a league title since 1990 and Klopp warned there may be a bit more of a wait before the good times return.

"There were great managers and great players working at Liverpool that have influenced the club's history – and after four months I really get the impression that everybody in this club is hungry for success," he explained.

"We are trying to bring that success back to the club. But both the Manchester clubs and a few London clubs invest a lot.

"So if you make a few good decisions that doesn't necessarily mean that you make steps ahead on the Premier League table because these clubs are making the right decisions too.

"Everyone in Germany knows about the TV money in the Premier League and thinks it would be fun in the Bundesliga with this money, but here you have rivals with the same money so it's not easy."

Klopp even joked that despite earning more money in England than he did with Dortmund in his native Germany, his hourly rate is comparable given the intensity of the work.

"It is intense, there is a real intensity here in English football. It pays more, but if I convert my hourly wage I earn probably the same as in Dortmund," he joked.

But Klopp said he was loving life at Anfield and was honoured to work at the club.

"I feel very comfortable over here. It's a special club, a special place. Anfield is a great stadium and you feel the history in every moment," he said.

"It's an honour and it's great fun and a great adventure to be here. And despite everybody longing for a very quick success they all are ready to be patient and to invest a certain amount of time that is necessary to gain that success.

"Problem is, the last big trophies have been won a few years ago. It's a problem that many great clubs have in the present. You have to deal with that because obviously there are reasons for that."

Depay

Alfrescian
Loyal

Manchester United profits surge after Champions League return

11 February 2016 14:22

1007104header.jpg

Manchester United have announced rises in revenue and profit as the effects of a return to the Champions League and the lucrative sponsorship deal with adidas were reflected in their second-quarter results.

The updated figures released on Thursday cover the three months up until December 31 and provide a picture for the first six months of their accounting period.

Q2 profits were £18.6 million, giving the club half-year profits of £23.6m, a 165.2 per cent rise from the £8.9m recorded over the same six-month period last year.

Total revenue was a record £133.8m for Q2 - a 26.6 per cent increase - and £257.4m for the six months to give them a 32.4 per cent improvement on the figures recorded in the first half of 2014-15.

Commercial and broadcasting revenues surged by 42.5 per cent and 31.3 per cent respectively in Q2, while their matchday turnover fell slightly by 1.6 per cent, but is up by 20 per cent for the half-year, mainly due to the Champions League fixtures that were missing in the previous year's results.

The club's debt position has improved slightly, with their net debt now at £322.1m compared to £343.4m at the same period last year – a 6.2 per cent reduction.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "Our strong commitment to investing in our squad, youth academy and the broader club are ultimately underpinned by our financial strength and the hard work and dedication of everyone at the club.

"Our solid results off the pitch help contribute to what remains our number one priority - success on the pitch."

With the positive impact of Champions League football on the half-year results evident, manager Louis van Gaal will be under pressure to secure a return to the competition next season.

United predicted full-year revenue was expected to be between £500m and £510m, which would be a record for a British club.

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

The pressure is on the others - Ranieri seeks to outfox title rivals

12 February 2016

1007740header.jpg

Claudio Ranieri insists Leicester City do not feel any pressure to win the Premier League despite holding a five-point lead over Tottenham and Arsenal.

Leicester needed an impressive run in the second half of 2014-15 to avoid relegation and they have maintained that form in stunning style this season to hold top spot with just 13 games to go.

Ranieri's men are now among the favourites to win the title, but the 64-year-old Italian is adamant his players remain unaffected by mounting expectations ahead of a huge clash with third-placed Arsenal at Emirates Stadium on Sunday.

"The pressure's on the others. Tell me why we have pressure? Why must I feel pressure? We just continue to dream with our fans," Ranieri told a media conference.

"I think we work so hard to achieve this level. We want to stay at this level. There's no pressure for us.

"It's a crazy Premier League. If it was a normal league there would be a big gap but we will fight to maintain our position. This time I hope the bookmakers are right. They're just words though, not points. Give me points! If Leicester are top of the league then it means there are no easy games in the Premier League.

"Life's short and it's important to be happy. Lots of people have difficult lives. We must respect each other. I'm a lucky man."

Leicester will still be without Matty James (knee) and Jeffrey Schlupp (hamstring) for the Arsenal match, but both are slowly on their way back to full fitness.

"James is working inside with the physio," Ranieri said.

"Schlupp is starting work outside with us. After Norwich, he will come with me in the first-team squad," he added, referring to the home game against the Canaries on February 27.

Martinez

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hazard sends Chelsea DVD to amnesia sufferer

2631582_heroa.jpg

By Greg Lea
Feb 12, 2016 14:45:00

The Blues star has intervened to try and help Vladimir Howard, a lifelong fan of the club who has no memory of his side's Premier League title triumph last season

Eden Hazard has intervened to try and help a Chelsea fan overcome amnesia.

Vladimir Howard lost one year's worth of memories after being beaten up and knocked unconcious last year.

And Hazard has stepped in to try and help the Russian-born supporter by sending him a signed DVD of Chelsea's Premier League title triumph of 2014/15.

The package contained a note by Hazard that read: ""Vladimir, to jog your memory! Get well soon."

The lifelong Chelsea fan was delighted with the gift and thanked Hazard for his kindness.

"This is really going to help," he said. "Watching on YouTube has been helping me remember but this is much, much better.

"It's is nice of Eden to think of me. From now in he is my top man.

"I love Chelsea and because the club is a big part of my life I'm sure this will trigger the memories."

LouisVanGaal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Van Gaal dismisses questions over Manchester United future

louis-van-gaal-cropped_1ep0aua5x09uo1wufkdgs7thgb.jpg

By Joe Wright
Feb 12, 2016 14:13:19

Despite mounting reports that Jose Mourinho is to take charge at Old Trafford, the Dutchman insists the rumours are not true

Louis van Gaal has once again moved to dismiss rumours concerning his Manchester United future, insisting certain reports are completely without foundation.

Speculation has mounted in the past week that Jose Mourinho will replace Van Gaal at Old Trafford at the end of the season irrespective of whether United achieve a top-four Premier League finish.

The club have not made any move to deny the reports - something they were prompt to do when rumours over negotiations with Pep Guardiola emerged last month - but Van Gaal is adamant he does not require public backing against stories he considers to be false.

"I said many, many times that not all the media, but a lot of them are inventing stories. You don't have to answer to invented stories. I agree with this policy of the club," he told the media on Friday.

"It's not a question for me, it's a question for the board of Manchester United. I have a contract for three years."

When asked if he considered reports over his future to be completely fabricated, he replied: "Yes."

Van Gaal admitted the pressure is mounting to string together a sequence of victories in the Premier League if they are to close the six-point gap to fourth-placed Manchester City.

"We don't have to look to our competitors, you have to win your own matches. That's why we were so frustrated to lose two points against Chelsea," he said, with United preparing to face Sunderland on Saturday.

"But of course we know the top four have to play against each other so it's certain that some will lose points.

"At the end of the competition the pressure is rising, and you have to cope with that. We're doing great from that perspective, we lost four in a row in December and the way we are playing now, you can only say we are mentally very strong and can cope with the pressure.

"But that's not enough. We have to improve our results, our consistency. We have to win a lot of matches in a row now."

The future of midfielder Michael Carrick has also been subject to speculation recently, but Van Gaal refused to be drawn on contract talks concerning the 34-year-old.

"I'm always involved [in discussions] because I'm the manager. I don't discuss it with you," he added.

DeBruyne

Alfrescian
Loyal

Premier League ticket price debate: Wenger, Klopp, Hiddink and fellow managers have their say

liverpool-fans-protest_1fbs91mozasma15siot9irn4by.jpg

Feb 12, 2016 14:24:11

A host of top flight managers have given their views on ticket prices, with Steve McClaren saying: "Make prices affordable"

The debate concerning the price of Premier League tickets is in the spotlight once more after fan power this week prompted Liverpool's owners to stage a climb down and shelve plans to increase the cost of attending games at Anfield from next season.

An estimated 10,000 disgruntled Reds supporters staged a walkout at the proposed changes in the latter stages of last Saturday's game against Sunderland, with swathes of empty seats on the iconic Kop sending a clear message that enough is enough.

With a record £5.14billion TV deal set to kick in from the start of 2016-17, top-flight clubs are facing increasing calls to act on fan disillusionment after what some are claiming is a watershed moment behind the scenes at Liverpool.

And ahead of this weekend's Premier League fixtures, various top-flight managers had their say on the issue.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger

"It's a very complicated subject, because how do you decide the right level of ticket prices?

"I looked at the comparisons. Our cheapest price is cheaper anywhere else in London. Our most expensive ticket is a fraction higher than the other clubs in London.

"But our most common ticket price is lower than many in England, so I don't think we have much a problem on that front."

Newcastle United manager Steve McClaren

"Football is a working-class game and we must never take that away. Make the prices affordable so they can come and fill stadiums."

Jurgen Klopp reflects on an eventful week at Liverpool

"They [the club's owners] care about the supporters. It shows their interest in everything around the club. It's a good thing."

West Brom boss Tony Pulis

"I think there should be a way of looking after away support. I'd make every club in the Premier League agree a price for away support and I’d make it as cheap as they possibly can - £10 a ticket or whatever.

"The chairman will kill me for saying that, but a price that will attract people to go away from home as well.

"We went to Chelsea [a 2-2 draw in January], I think Chelsea were charging £50 a ticket – and I'm not having a go at Chelsea – but for a dad with two young children it's a non-event. They can't take them to Stamford Bridge, they can't have a day out in London because the ticket prices are too expensive."

Guus Hiddink, currently in his second spell in charge of Chelsea

"Football has changed a lot in the last many years, but we must not forget it's about the players and the public."

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cattermole: New signings have stomach for relegation scrap

16 February 2016 03:08

1009690header.jpg

Sunderland midfielder Lee Cattermole is delighted with the club's January transfer business and said the new boys have arrived with the right appetite for a relegation scrap.

Manager Sam Allardyce was a busy man throughout January, bringing in Wahbi Khazri and Lamine Kone to aid the club's Premier League survival bid, and both have looked shrewd additions thus far.

Khazri scored the first goal in Saturday's 2-1 win over Manchester United, while Kone's no-nonsense defending was crucial to the result which has put Sunderland back in touching distance of the teams hovering above the relegation zone.

"We have let a few go but importantly the boys who have come in have come in with a fantastic attitude," Cattermole said.

"They have come in and have looked like they really want to be here, which is not always the case. It’s not always the way it is for whatever reason. But they have been fantastic.

"It’s credit to the lads who were already here for making the new boys feel welcome straight away.

"Their attitudes have been fantastic since they came in. We had four new lads out there who have settled quickly.

"They have brought something extra to us, as well as a lot of French. We are having some good banter with them all. It’s given everyone a lift.

"We are building on the last two performances. We knew we had put Manchester City under a lot of pressure and we didn’t want United to come here and get into the flow of the game.

"The whole game was played at our tempo. We were putting the pressure on them."

Cattermole will join his team-mates in Dubai as Allardyce looks to lighten the mood in the camp ahead of a crucial Premier League run-in, which starts with a trip to West Ham.

"We have the week off. It will be nice to get away and the new lads will be there. We can all refresh and hopefully go down to West Ham and get a result," he said.

"Sometimes when you are performing like we are then you don't want the break, but the break is coming and we can't do anything about that now.

"We have to enjoy it and come back and make sure we start again where we have just finished."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Villa need a complete clear-out - Morley

16 February 2016 06:20

1009714header.jpg

Aston Villa great Tony Morley believes the club need a "good clear-out" as they appear destined to suffer relegation for the first time in Premier League history.

Remi Garde's side are bottom of the league table and eight points from safety after being demolished 6-0 at home by Liverpool on Sunday.

That defeat was their worst at Villa Park in 81 years, and Morley, who won the league and a European Cup with Villa in the early 1980's, says the club need wholesale changes.

"We need to have a good clear-out to sort it out because we are going nowhere at the moment as a club and this is a fantastic football club," the 61-year-old told the Mirror.

"Maybe this is a pivotal point where we have to look at each other and people at the club and say: where are we going to take this club from here?

"It is not looking very good at the moment and some supporters turned on the board.

"We didn’t have enough quality on the pitch."

He added: "We have to bounce back from somewhere but I can’t see where we are going to bounce from.

"I feel for the players because I have been in that situation fighting relegation as a young lad at Burnley. But Burnley weren’t a massive club like Aston Villa."

Villa are yet to miss a season in the Premier League since it began in 1992 and have not been relegated since 1986–87.

Sturridge

Alfrescian
Loyal

Sturridge brings back Liverpool fear factor - Henderson

16 February 2016 00:49

1009659header.jpg

Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson hailed the impact of Daniel Sturridge and believes the forward's return brings back the club's "fear factor".

Sturridge started his first Premier League game since October in Sunday's clash against Aston Villa on Sunday, scoring the first goal in a 6-0 demolition of the bottom-placed club.

The 26-year-old has battled numerous injury setbacks this season and has only featured in eight of Liverpool's 41 fixtures in 2015-16.

But with Sturridge back up in the Liverpool line up, Henderson believes Liverpool's fear factor has returned.

"[Sturridge] makes a huge difference," Henderson said. "You can see in the games that he has played how much he has been missed.

"He has been brilliant since he has come back to training and is looking really sharp. Hopefully he can continue to stay fit and cause problems when he plays.

"Everyone knows how good he is but because he has been out for a while, you do forget the quality he has got and how good he actually is.

"There are lads in training who maybe haven't seen that much of him and they have been very impressed. Then you look at him in the games with his movement. His sharpness is top drawer. He is a massive bonus for us.

Henderson added: "He definitely gives us that fear factor back. Any central defender playing against him will be wary. They know how quick he is, how sharp he is with the ball.

"He can cause anyone problems and I'm sure any centre-half in the world would be worried about coming up against him."

Sturridge will be looking to mount a case to be included in England's Euro 2016 plans, and Henderson believes the forward is one of the best in the business when fit and firing.

"He's definitely one of the best. When he is firing, he is one of the best in the world, really," Henderson said.

"He is that good. Finishing, touches, movement - he has got everything. He gets one chance and scores one goal and that is the difference.

"His biggest problem is getting a run of games, finding consistency and just staying fit. That is the only issue. If he stays fit, he becomes world class."

Moyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

Benitez: I want to return to the Premier League

2291302_heroa.jpg

By Eliot Rothwell
Feb 17, 2016 22:45:00

The former Liverpool and Chelsea boss has his sights set on a return to English football but revealed he has not been made any offers at this stage of the season

Former Real Madrid head coach Rafa Benitez revealed that he wants to return to the Premier League, after his dismissal by the Spanish club in January.

Benitez, who had previous spells with Liverpool and Chelsea, was removed from his position as Madrid head coach amid reports that he failed to get along with some of the key players at the Santiago Bernabeu, most notably Cristiano Ronaldo.

But the Spaniard, who won the Champions League in his time at Liverpool, indicated that he is eyeing a return to the Premier League, as his family still live on the Wirral, where they have resided since his time at Anfield.

"I like the Premier League and that is a priority because of my family lives on the Wirral," the 55-year-old told BT Sport, appearing as an analyst for the Champions League clash between Madrid and Roma.

"But it's not easy. Especially for my wife! After one month it's fine with the family and the children but after one month, 'come on, you have to get a job'."

Despite a willingness to return to coaching, Benitez revealed that he has not been made any offers since leaving Madrid, pointing to the stage of the season as a reason for a lack of attention, but indicating that he continues to analyse games to try and improve.

I like to be on the pitch. At the moment there are not options. Now you have the Champions League and Europa League," the Spaniard added.

"Nobody will change the manager right now so you have to wait. Just see games, analyse tactics, you can learn and you can improve."

Wenger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Keane slams ´spoilt child´ Hazard

18 February 2016

1010879header.jpg

Former Manchester United captain Roy Keane launched a scathing attack on Eden Hazard, labelling the Chelsea midfielder a "spoilt child".

Belgium international Hazard talked up a move to Paris Saint-Germain in the lead-up to Chelsea's Champions League last-16 first leg against the Ligue 1 champions on Tuesday.

Keane said it was up to the 25-year-old's older team-mates to teach him a lesson, particularly after their 2-1 loss in France in the first leg.

"I really can't understand these players. He signed an extension last year to his contract for another five years. We saw how good he was last year," Keane said on ITV.

"And then he's coming out with all that nonsense on the eve of a big, big game.

"If I was one of his team-mates I'd kick him up and down the training pitch. Some of the senior players have got to get hold of him.

"A talented, talented boy but his attitude, even last night, he's like a spoilt child. It's absolutely ridiculous."

Hazard struggled to have an impact in the first leg, leaving the Premier League giants with work to do ahead of the return clash at Stamford Bridge on March 9.

MesutOzil

Alfrescian
Loyal

Cisse returns to boost Newcastle striking options

17 February 2016

1010434header.jpg

Newcastle United's battle to stay in the Premier League received a boost on Wednesday with the return to training of Papiss Cisse.

The striker has not featured for Steve McClaren's side since December 19 due to a groin injury.

McClaren added Seydou Doumbia to his attacking options during the transfer window but he has yet to start a league game, with Aleksandar Mitrovic chosen to lead the line.

The Serb will have further competition for his place in the final months of the season, though, now that Cisse is back in contention.

Cisse has scored two goals in 13 league appearances for Newcastle during an injury-hit campaign, having netted on 11 occasions last season.