• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Malware protection and Internet virus protection

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
why can't my Norton detect and remove malware? i have to install a separate malware protection tool to do the job.

what do you use?

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

window is a joke.
bill gate bill door bill window is indeed extremely lucky.
he wouldn't be where he is today if not for the mistake
made by IBM , digital research and Paterson.

out of QDOS which was based on CP/M
bill door gate window built the first PC operation system,
which was 'develpoed and improved' into Window.
a piece of shit.

try using linux like Ubuntu , PC-BSD.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I caught an irritating adware virus on my PC which made using my browser almost impossible. I had the free version of AVG installed. I tried using all the freebie anti-virus SW without any success. Since it was just an adware I could still use the computer to watch movies, play games, download torrents,...

So I just waited until they released a new version of the anti-virus SW that could remove the annoying adware. It took them about 6 months. It was Malwarebytes that released a version that could remove the adware.

If it had taken any longer I was ready to erase & reinstall the OS. So good idea to have backups of important files & other important things like bookmarks.

However I did have a backup computer which I use for the serious stuff, a Mac. It is what I use when checking email, doing banking, ..

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't be to assure that MAC has no virus lurking, they are coming out with virus protection for mac too. i am comfy with windows, and i like it that way. my phillips platform cannot run on MAC so windows is still best for me. i used mac before, i find it not as friendly as win PCs. there are many more reasons that i prefer a windows over MAC that can be listed here. if you realise even scrolling mouse direction is opposite of windows.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

window is a joke.
bill gate bill door bill window is indeed extremely lucky.
he wouldn't be where he is today if not for the mistake
made by IBM , digital research and Paterson.

out of QDOS which was based on CP/M
bill door gate window built the first PC operation system,
which was 'develpoed and improved' into Window.
a piece of shit.

try using linux like Ubuntu , PC-BSD.
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Gates is a jew............supported by other big-time jews to dominate computers..........that's why so many IT bigshots are jews too........it's all to dominate computer/internet

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
This works where anti-virus programs fail (because your problem technically isn't a virus, but some other type of malware). You can try this for free for 30 days. If it works for you (it most likely will), you can choose to purchase it (one time payment) to prevent future similar attacks.

http://greatis.com/unhackme/

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
don't be to assure that MAC has no virus lurking, they are coming out with virus protection for mac too. i am comfy with windows, and i like it that way. my phillips platform cannot run on MAC so windows is still best for me. i used mac before, i find it not as friendly as win PCs. there are many more reasons that i prefer a windows over MAC that can be listed here. if you realise even scrolling mouse direction is opposite of windows.

You can configure your Mac mouse to scroll whichever way you want.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I use both platforms & I find the Mac OS more secure than windows. That is why I use a Mac for sensitive stuff & only use Windows for less critical tasks. On my MacBook I don't use a mouse it has a trackpad.

The Maybank trading platform is very primitive because it only runs on a PC and only with Internet Explorer:eek:
Not very user friendly.

My US broker in the US is much better because you can choose the hardware: PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, android. Local companies like Phillips platform are not willing to invest $ on their trading platform

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
i was in IT line before, i know one thing is that as long as you are connected to the internet, there is no way that you are safe guarded, you can only make it tougher for others to sniff your data. put it this way, between point A and Point B, there need to be bi-directional flow of data so any data that comes out and go into your PC can be infected. that's why i never put my important passwords on computers, i write it down on a notebook. but now they have 2 way authentication, so it's safe enough, even for email accounts.

I use both platforms & I find the Mac OS more secure than windows. That is why I use a Mac for sensitive stuff & only use Windows for less critical tasks. On my MacBook I don't use a mouse it has a trackpad.

The Maybank trading platform is very primitive because it only runs on a PC and only with Internet Explorer:eek:
Not very user friendly.

My US broker in the US is much better because you can choose the hardware: PC, Mac, iPhone, iPad, android. Local companies like Phillips platform are not willing to invest $ on their trading platform

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
recently i just changed my scrolling to the way MAC is scrolled. it has been almost 2 weeks and i still find it difficult to get used to it. i have been using windows for almost 30 years. if you don't believe what i am trying to achieve, you can try doing the opposite of what you are doing. i suspect my psychomotor skills not there already...:o

You sound like a dumb rookie. If a setting is configurable you're not stuck with what you have. It's a matter of just unchecking a box.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
adding on, do you remember this little trick where you can embed messages in your jpeg pictures, please ask MAC or Windows to detect it, i doubt they can. my point is that they could have written something more potent that whenever your picture is opened, it will run other services on your PC or daemons on your MAC.

i was in IT line before, i know one thing is that as long as you are connected to the internet, there is no way that you are safe guarded, you can only make it tougher for others to sniff your data. put it this way, between point A and Point B, there need to be bi-directional flow of data so any data that comes out and go into your PC can be infected. that's why i never put my important passwords on computers, i write it down on a notebook. but now they have 2 way authentication, so it's safe enough, even for email accounts.