• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Khaw: Staying In HDB Is Like Doing NS!

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those of you who do not aspire to or can afford to live private properties, your NS duties stay with you for life. Just suffer in silence because you have no choice under the pap. You need to "shut up and sit down".

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there's nothing to be ashamed of staying in a hdb flat. you can easily turn a humble flat into a luxury apartment depending on your vision.

image.jpg

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fux lah, Kow

All my 3 sons I have everything made for them, condo, car, club each. now the young one listened to Ah Kow and he told me he wanted to apply HDB and wanted to sell condo back to me

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a less opulent but nonetheless sleek and elegant interior design for a hdb flat....sinkies should consider themselves lucky for affordable luxury living, thanks to the pap and hdb. :biggrin:

image.jpg

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All male foreigners who have never served NS should never have a pink ic.
This8 heart surgery cow is just talking cock.

He have not even serve a day of NS and have not stay a day in a HDB flat.
And here he is talking about NS and staying in HDB flat.

A wolf espousing the benefits of being a vegetarian to sheeps.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They know those in the sandwiched category cannot afford pte condo. So need to increase ceiling to let them buy HDB. Yet scare the lower income make noise for creating competition. They cannot lower price as it is raiding the country's reserve. He think he very smart to come out with stupid analogy that living in HDB is like NS. If they are honest with their intention, then all newly wed go stay in rental flat for one year lah. So that everyone can empathise with life of the poor. Make it compulsory. Failure to comply must go jail like medisave life. See what happen. If they dare implement, then I say they are really the can.

Stop bullshitting please.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Each was an incremental step towards becoming the fantastic person that I am today.

...hahaha... truly lunancy here... how can you say that fucking sheep is one cremental step towards making you a better person?

It makes you no better than a beast....:smile:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
....flat for one year lah. So that everyone can empathise with life of the poor. Make it compulsory. Failure to comply must go jail like medisave life. See what happen. If they dare implement, then I say they are really the can. Stop bullshitting please.

Not every one who lives in HDB flat is poor.

Some are super rich but prefer to live modestly and humbly, no worries about mortgage loan, able to eat as and where they like, travel to any country in the world, plenty of spare cash.

Why get bogged down by mortgage loan over private property? Working like shit to service mortgage loan is no joke.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
All male foreigners who have never served NS should never have a pink ic.

The paps are deaf to this reasoning. They gave away the pink IC like toilet papers to foreigners even those elderly and past NS enlistment age.
Pink IC should be given only to those born and raised in sinapor which is their only homeland, the country of their patriotism, allegiance and loyalty.

See the example of those foreigners turned American citizens. They bombed and brought down the twin towers of 9/11

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Some are super rich but prefer to live modestly and humbly, no worries about mortgage loan, able to eat as and where they like, travel to any country in the world, plenty of spare cash.

Why get bogged down by mortgage loan over private property? Working like shit to service mortgage loan is no joke.

But staying in hdb is like serving ns,have to deal with the riff raff and stench of poverty,staircases that stink of drunk vomit and piss,concrete void decks stained with the yesteryears of dog shit stains and dead cockroaches,unruly peasants who deem it alright to cook their curry chicken

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Your entire reply contradicts itself. If you ARE RICH but still want to live in HDBee pigeon hole, why would that sort of rich fella cited but you...
BE BOGGED DOWN BY MORTGAGE ON ANOTHER PRIVATE PROPERTY?

Hell, rich mah very rich mah afew private properties also no problem, right?

Cannot make it, say cannot make it but still want to depend on Pappy handouts!LoL

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Agreed, there are some who are very rich. However, he mentioned

"But I feel that it's good for all Singaporeans, or almost all Singaporeans to have a chance of living in HDB for 5 years, and interact with the community, I think it's part and parcel of a Singaporean way of life."

Since he equate living in HDB to serving NS, (which was tough that most would want to avoid), I took the liberty to interpret that he meant interacting with a true blue heartland HDB community and rental block is the best representation of such a community.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
But staying in hdb is like serving ns,have to deal with the riff raff and stench of poverty,staircases that stink of drunk vomit and piss,concrete void decks stained with the yesteryears of dog shit stains and dead cockroaches,unruly peasants who deem it alright to cook their curry chicken

You are citing these extreme cases which exist likely in HDB blocks of rental flats, 2 rooms and 3 rooms. Those occupants of 4 rooms and above, and provided they are not SPR or foreigners, are well behaved to keep their blocks, lifts and common areas clean.

Foreigners/SPRs are often the culprits responsible for the grime in their blocks. Sinapor is not their country. Why should they keep the country clean and green?

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your entire reply contradicts itself. If you ARE RICH but still want to live in HDBee pigeon hole, why would that sort of rich fella cited but you...
BE BOGGED DOWN BY MORTGAGE ON ANOTHER PRIVATE PROPERTY?

Hell, rich mah very rich mah afew private properties also no problem, right?

Cannot make it, say cannot make it but still want to depend on Pappy handouts!LoL

Surely, if you are like Wee Cho Yaw or the paps ministers who are assured of at least $1 million in salary per year during your term of office, money is not a problem and they will not consider living in HDB flats.

How many sinaporans can say their jobs and business are sure to remain stable and secure to generate the income for them to service the mortgage loans? Which loan is more manageable to service when times are bad?

If you are rich today, you can also be poor tomorrow. Buying properties is not like buying groceries, it is heavy investment and long term commitment. As the song goes ..."fools rush in where the wise men fear to tread ...."

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Surely, if you are like Wee Cho Yaw or the paps ministers who are assured of at least $1 million in salary per year during your term of office, money is not a problem and they will not consider living in HDB flats.

How many sinaporans can say their jobs and business are sure to remain stable and secure to generate the income for them to service the mortgage loans? Which loan is more manageable to service when times are bad?

If you are rich today, you can also be poor tomorrow. Buying properties is not like buying groceries, it is heavy investment and long term commitment. As the song goes ..."fools rush in where the wise men fear to tread ...."

Truly rich ppl don't buy property and have to 'manage mortgage'

Anyway, back to the peasant queue ...

for you! LoL

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Khaw Boon Wan receives National Service call-up, to stay in HDB flat for 5 years
Posted on 26 June 2015

This will help him mingle with lower-income heartland Singaporeans.
khaw-boon-wan-bak-chang.jpg

This after he said on MediaCorp’s Chinese-language station Capital 95.8FM for a live radio talk show on June 23, 2015, that staying in a HDB flat for five years is like males serving NS for two years, which will help nation-building and interaction with the community.
Singaporeans from all walks of life, particularly those who have served NS for two years and who are staying in HDB flats all their lives, said they are excited to hear this news.
One Singaporean, Cheng Hu Chu, said: “I have been serving NS my whole life. In fact, I have served NS twice: Once when I enlisted when I was 18 years old and since young I have been staying in a HDB flat ever since.”
“So that means I’ve done my reservist training twice also, in this case.”
“It is great to see ministers move into HDB flats and serve NS with regular Singaporeans side-by-side and interact with the community.”
“Or else, ministers will not understand what commoners go through in their daily lives because Bukit Timah bungalows don’t offer this kind of perspectives.”
“I hope to see more PAP ministers go for NS soon, in particular, Lee Hsien Loong.”

Khaw Boon Wan is an excellent speaker:
S’poreans agree with Khaw Boon Wan: ‘We can’t remember the last time anyone used religion to make money’
Numerous PAP MPs put on 24-hour suicide watch after Khaw Boon Wan said commit suicide because of lapses

http://newnation.sg/2015/06/khaw-boon-wan-receives-national-service-call-up-to-stay-in-hdb-flat-for-5-years/

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Stop bullshitting please.

What else can you expect from this cow? Bullshit and methane at most, until folks at EC GRC decide to butcher him in the next GE, which could be a likely event :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Vote this cow out! :p:p:p

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Truly rich ppl don't buy property and have to 'manage mortgage'

Anyway, back to the peasant queue ...

for you! LoL

hahaha...don't mind being a peasant; no worries over where to get the next cash bag, unlike those rich people with sleepless night over stock crashing, property value nose diving, business crumbling and a host of all monetary problems.

They don't manage mortgage? Nothing is declared openly about how they churn their money, assets and investment. They are not money printing machine and their money to buy property after property has to come from somewhere. Bankers don't finance without collateral.