• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

1st Case of Suspected MERS?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Heard news that a suspected MERS case happened yesterday at SGH. But no news from SPH

You start a thread to spread a rumor which is absolutely unsubstantiated.

You then get cold feet and delete the content.

You now repeat the rumor so you're back to square one.

You are one confused cookie.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
She is not exactly very logical when it comes to bashing the government. You'll have noticed.

You start a thread to spread a rumor which is absolutely unsubstantiated.

You then get cold feet and delete the content.

You now repeat the rumor so you're back to square one.

You are one confused cookie.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You trying to create Fear Uncertainty and Doubt in Singapore by spreading rumours!?

The aim is to speak the truth. The best weapon against SPH's selective reporting is to always speak the truth and so impeach SPH's credibility that whether it reports or chooses not to report is irrelevant. The people and social media have the power to report the truth.

Whether u believe what I heard or say is also not important.

But those who work in the relevant Depts in SGH knows whether I speak the truth.

The truth will be out.

Will the patient be tested positive?

The same principle we must use against the pap and its cronies is we must tell the truth and make them look foolish should they don't tell the truth

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You speak about truth, yet in your 2nd post stated "Heard news that a suspected MERS case happened yesterday at SGH. But no news from SPH." Have you ever thought that by creating unsubstantiated rumours created more problems then simply waiting for something more concrete? A person is smart, but people as a whole reacts to news like this in very bad ways. Why are you trying to drag Singapore into a shittier position then it already is as you claimed?

The aim is to speak the truth. The best weapon against SPH's selective reporting is to always speak the truth and so impeach SPH's credibility that whether it reports or chooses not to report is irrelevant. The people and social media have the power to report the truth.

Whether u believe what I heard or say is also not important.

But those who work in the relevant Depts in SGH knows whether I speak the truth.

The truth will be out.

Will the patient be tested positive?

The same principle we must use against the pap and its cronies is we must tell the truth and make them look foolish should they don't tell the truth

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heard news that a suspected MERS case happened yesterday at SGH. But no news from SPH
If a person who has just returned from Korea or Saudi Arabia and develops a fever ..., he / she will most likely be quarantined and classified as a "suspected mers case" until the test results are out which takes a few days. He / she may just have a normal flu.

I remembered that till now, there are more than a 100 such cases. It is not wise to report each and every case as it will cause undue alarm. After a while, it will become "cry wolf" and when the real thing occurs, people will be less on guard thinking it is just another false alarm.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You speak about truth, yet in your 2nd post stated "Heard news that a suspected MERS case happened yesterday at SGH. But no news from SPH." Have you ever thought that by creating unsubstantiated rumours created more problems then simply waiting for something more concrete? A person is smart, but people as a whole reacts to news like this in very bad ways. Why are you trying to drag Singapore into a shittier position then it already is as you claimed?

The truths I spoke are:

1. I have heard abt suspected MERS at SGH.
2. I have not seen any news from SPH.

Are you saying that what I said are untruths?

Why shd anyone react to what I said unless it is the truth? If I say untruths, it only hurts my credibility. Are you able to tell me what untruths I hv said?

If indeed SG has a suspect case of MERS and a whole floor of SGH has been quarantined, should that be worthy news for SPH to report it?

I want SPH to know that by not being responsible in reporting timely news, it is abrogating its duty as the main news provider in SG. I also want SPH to know that citizens have the means to know the truth even if SPH chooses not to report it.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If a person who has just returned from Korea or Saudi Arabia and develops a fever ..., he / she will most likely be quarantined and classified as a "suspected mers case" until the test results are out which takes a few days. He / she may just have a normal flu.

I remembered that till now, there are more than a 100 such cases. It is not wise to report each and every case as it will cause undue alarm. After a while, it will become "cry wolf" and when the real thing occurs, people will be less on guard thinking it is just another false alarm.

No, yesterday was the 1st time

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Let us wait for MOH statement