• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another death! This time AMDK

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ang mo kills himself by burning charcoal in CBD condo after failing to jump.

凌晨先闹跳楼不遂,洋汉天亮后被发现卧尸公寓单位面,疑烧炭身亡!

丧命的洋汉今年33岁,他在昨天凌晨5点左右,就被发现在珊顿大道一幢高档公寓的34楼单位里闹自杀,有人目睹洋汉的怪行径,于是打电话求助。

警方事后现场了解情况,民防部队跟着派出灾难拯救队(Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team,简称DART)前往救援和铺设气垫,救护车也赶到现场以防万一。

可是,正当警方和民防在楼下忙着部署时,原本闹自杀的洋汉却似乎没了动静,警员上楼敲了大半天的门,里面却一点反应也没有。

担心洋汉出事,开锁匠最后被传召到场开门。

据本报了解,警方进入单位时,洋汉已经动也不动躺在公寓单位里,身旁则有火炭在烧。医护人员发现他已完全没有呼吸,急救不果,证实他身亡。

案发的高档公寓刚在去年开始启用,每个单位的租金介于4000元和5000多元。

警方在证实这起事故事表示,案子还在调查中。

警查9小时 带走两袋证物

警方现场调查9小时,目击者见警方带走两包证物。

读者陈近南(48岁,自雇人士)告诉本报,他事发后在公寓楼下看见警方拿走用两大袋证物,其中包括皮包。

据目击者,事发时,有多辆警车、消防车和救护车到场,现场一度传出案件和煤气泄漏有关。

在隔栋大楼工作的蒙娜(27岁,保安人员)受访时就说,她清晨6时30分上班时,就看见一辆警车停在公寓附近绕,约1小时后,又有约4辆警车出现和消防车出现,现场还一度传出有煤气泄漏的消息。

“我听说警方上事发单位敲门多次,却没人应门,我是一直到下午3点才见警车散去,整个调查估计达9小时。”

GramStroker

Alfrescian
Loyal
正当警方和民防在楼下忙着部署时,原本闹自杀的洋汉却似乎没了动静,警员上楼敲了大半天的门,里面却 一点反应也没有

Really shows how incompetent our emergency services are.

He died under their noses.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Shenton Way got condo ?

You probably not in Stinkerpore......I walk down Shenton Way recently, i thought I was in another planet...it was not the Shenton Way I used to go through & fro, from Hong Lim Building to Trade Union House...what a change! all the buildings I know are all gone & many of the buildings that used to work in, one time or the other...are all gone.

Yes they have condo there..

NoNewsGood

Alfrescian
Loyal
Burning charcoal is a popular way to commit suicide in Hong Kong so much so that the term "burn charcoal" also means "commit suicide" in Hong Kong.

This ang mo must have stayed in Hong Kong before.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You probably not in Stinkerpore......I walk down Shenton Way recently, i thought I was in another planet...it was not the Shenton Way I used to go through & fro, from Hong Lim Building to Trade Union House...what a change! all the buildings I know are all gone & many of the buildings that used to work in, one time or the other...are all gone.

Yes they have condo there..

The CBD is 'underutilized'.....only 5 days a week during office hours it's busy.
Building condos there will maximize the area's usage. Best to make it 24/7 never sleep.....this is the way to squeeze in 6.9m

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Ang Mo Unnatural Death At Shenton Way!

At about 5AM yesterday, the Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) was alerted by residents of a Shenton Way condominium about a potential suicide jumping in progress.

Residents observed that a 33 year-old Caucasian man, who resided in the 34th floor of the condominium, had been behaving strangely and loudly proclaiming that he wanted to kill himself.

When the SCDF and police were informed, a Disaster Assistance and Rescue Team was dispatched to the scene, along with fire engines and an ambulance.

Unfortunately, while the SCDF rushed to set up a protective cushion at the bottom of the man's apartment block, he suddenly changed his mind and locked himself indoors and became very quiet.

Sensing that something was amiss, police officer knocked on door of the apartment unit to check on the man's condition but received no response. Police broke through the door of the home only to find that the man had succeeded in killing himself by burning charcoal in his apartment. Paramedics confirmed that the man had already stopped breathing by the time that police found him, and declared him dead at the scene.

Police are investigating the case as "unnatural death".

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/ar...t-thwarted-scdf-dies-burning-charcoal-indoors

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Ang Mo the best. They normally succeed in what they do, because they have plans and backup plans. Respect! :biggrin: