• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Now you know why food cost is so high, even for low-price items like curry puffs...

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Expensive transport (BMW) and high entry fees (ICA fines).

http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...-carrying-130-boxes-of-curry-puffs-and-kuehs/

ICA Police chase BMW carrying 130 boxes of curry puffs and kuehs

The Immigration Checkpoint Authority (ICA) Police were engaged in a car chase after a BMW carrying more than 130 boxes of curry puffs and kuehs refused to stop at the Tuas Checkpoint. The driver, a bearded Malay man in his 20s eventually surrendered himself stopping his car at Pioneer North Road near Nanyang Technological University.

A witness saw three police cars surrounding a black BMW at the university’s entrance and a huge number of boxes of food products, believed to be from Malaysia, seized by the police.

It is unknown if this case is related to another food import offense made by a 47 year old Singaporean two hours earlier on the same day.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Re: Now you know why food cost is so high, even for low-price items like curry puffs.

Some mat just trying to sell delicious malaysian made curry puffs and kuehs in singapore, showing some entreprenuerial spirit and kenna harassed until like that. Poor guy is not going to end up in jail over curry puffs. In the meantime, the PAP expects us to eat Tiong FT made curry puffs cooked with gutter oil and their shit version of kuehs, when there are mats willing to bring the genuine item over from JB? Why the ICA so diligent in chasing curry puff dealers, but let in myanmar gangster to kill people in aloha chalet? PAPsmearer confesses he likes to go over to JB to buy the kuehs, pineapple tarts and love letter because he cannot find the similar quality in sinkieland for that price. Now got mats willing to deliver it here and the ICA becomes suddenly vigilant? assholes.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Now you know why food cost is so high, even for low-price items like curry puffs.

The more important question is, how can HSA be so cock sure to say food imported are 'safe to eat' when such food ( cooked one some more) are slipping in by the 'container loads'?

Another Pappy lying trick ? Or is it..

You die your own biz but I collect the fee first! LoL

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

The more important question is, how can HSA be so cock sure to say food imported are 'safe to eat' when such food ( cooked one some more) are slipping in by the 'container loads'?

If I bring in a loaf of bread it is okay BUT if I bring in 1000 loaves is it an offence???

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset

The country can now sleep soundly after the vigilant SPF, roundly defeated by rioters in Little India has rebounded to snuff out the nefarious curry puff smuggling syndicate. No more will singaporeans be addicted to delicious curry puff and kuehs smuggled in from that Den of Thieves known as Johor Bahru.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bmws are not expensive outside of Singapore. I ever saw people driving BMWs delivering newspapers in SG too!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Eat curry puff made by mat safer than made by tiongs.
At least mat won't use gutter oil as its non halal

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not really last time I saw the oil used by mats. It looks cancerous!!

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAPsmearer confesses he likes to go over to JB to buy the kuehs, pineapple tarts and love letter because he cannot find the similar quality in sinkieland for that price.

I order my pineapple tarts from the Chief of Protocol. No need to go JB.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The country can now sleep soundly after the vigilant SPF, roundly defeated by rioters in Little India has rebounded to snuff out the nefarious curry puff smuggling syndicate. No more will singaporeans be addicted to delicious curry puff and kuehs smuggled in from that Den of Thieves known as Johor Bahru.

LOL...............tried to up your points but couldn't...............

quartz28

Alfrescian
Loyal

The bearded mat look like from ISIS :o

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not really last time I saw the oil used by mats. It looks cancerous!!

The oil used by the geylang serai ah neh's rojak stall killed one woman. Stay away from any food not cooked in licensed establishments, at least you have the guys to look for. As for the mats, no one knows how they made the curry puffs.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

All of them look the same, Osama, Talibans, ISIS, and all those jihadists everywhere from Middle East down to Afghanistan.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ironically, by depriving them of a method of making a living, they are more inclined to get frustrated and radicalised. :wink:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If you pay taxes means the food is safe to eat :wink:

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Expensive transport (BMW) and high entry fees (ICA fines).

http://statestimesreview.com/2015/0...-carrying-130-boxes-of-curry-puffs-and-kuehs/

ICA Police chase BMW carrying 130 boxes of curry puffs and kuehs

The Immigration Checkpoint Authority (ICA) Police were engaged in a car chase after a BMW carrying more than 130 boxes of curry puffs and kuehs refused to stop at the Tuas Checkpoint. The driver, a bearded Malay man in his 20s eventually surrendered himself stopping his car at Pioneer North Road near Nanyang Technological University.

A witness saw three police cars surrounding a black BMW at the university’s entrance and a huge number of boxes of food products, believed to be from Malaysia, seized by the police.

It is unknown if this case is related to another food import offense made by a 47 year old Singaporean two hours earlier on the same day.

Knn now what ? Curry puff trafficking ?

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

If I bring in a loaf of bread it is okay BUT if I bring in 1000 loaves is it an offence???

If you bring 1000 loaves of bread and you never share your profit with the government means it's not ok :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Buy more Old Chang Kee puffs. They are nice, delicious and cheap!