• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

cheap general purpose bicycle for emergencies

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pedal power to pump gasoline into portable containers when electricity or the power grid goes kaput. those red containers are the same fuel containers i'm referring to.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
empty dirt lot near the back of house. under construction for a runoff basin and park. perfect for dirt biking.

image.jpg

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the picture of your helmet. I tried loading a picture of my helmet several times without success, wanted to ask you to guess its price.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I lose 3 bikes a year too. I treated it like maintenance cost.

there's a chap who buys "stolen" bikes on craigslist, fixes and cleans them, and put them back on craigslist for 3 to 4 times more. in some cases, there were 4-figure bikes going for $400.

Geminipegasus

Alfrescian
Loyal
there's a chap who buys "stolen" bikes on craigslist, fixes and cleans them, and put them back on craigslist for 3 to 4 times more. in some cases, there were 4-figure bikes going for $400.

Initially, I went to the police but later I solve the problem by buying the cheapest bike I can find & using the biggest locks, 3 of them & not cleaning my bike & over time it was so dirty looking & cheap that all these nonsense stopped. I reckon that any thieves will find it too troublesome and not cost effective to steal it, LOL

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
shiok or not? up and down the penis-tencia creek trail. it's allergy season. thanks to wild raw honey, i'm moderately ok.

image.jpeg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Initially, I went to the police but later I solve the problem by buying the cheapest bike I can find & using the biggest locks, 3 of them & not cleaning my bike & over time it was so dirty looking & cheap that all these nonsense stopped. I reckon that any thieves will find it too troublesome and not cost effective to steal it, LOL

bart now recommends at least 2 u-bolt locks to lock each wheel and frame to bike stand.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
revitalizing thread since there are so many serious cyclists here. there's something wrong with the first pic of my bmx-mountain hybrid on 1st page. can you spot the problem with the bike? if you can it means you assemble your own bike too.