• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

cheap general purpose bicycle for emergencies

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just got it today from costco. cheap hybrid bike, 7-speed, cum in a box unassembled. only us$159.99 plus tax. assembled it in less than an hour, and worked well right out of the gate on the first try. tested on a stretch of road, and brakes worked, alignment was ok, speed and gear change ok, shock absorbers ok.

image.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Yeah you can afford to have one of those stolen every couple of months and still save on commuting costs. :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it the piece of shit aleoca bicycle?worst piece of shit ever i wouldnt even steal it if i had to.a ten mile bike ride on a aleoca is like climbing mount kinabalu during an earthquake.

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
is it the piece of shit aleoca bicycle?worst piece of shit ever i wouldnt even steal it if i had to.a ten mile bike ride on a aleoca is like climbing mount kinabalu during an earthquake.

it's an infinity mountain-bmx hybrid bike with a shimano 7-speed freewheel and aluminum body. heavy by comparison to a true road bike. this is for wear and tear of hymens during a natural disaster or oil crisis.

Last edited:

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's cap and not worth discussion if you don't remove the seat and selfie yourself up n down the pole.

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
I worked for about a year at a Costco branch in its warehouse. You know their return policy - when Spring came, lots of bikes were sold, halfway through autumn, just before the cold set in, many of these bikes were returned, and I was tasked to dissemble them and put them away in boxes to be trucked back to the distributor. Full refunds were given, bikes were in good condition! Don't ask me how they make money, I only work there!

Cheers!

just got it today from costco........................

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I worked for about a year at a Costco branch in its warehouse. You know their return policy - when Spring came, lots of bikes were sold, halfway through autumn, just before the cold set in, many of these bikes were returned, and I was tasked to dissemble them and put them away in boxes to be trucked back to the distributor. Full refunds were given, bikes were in good condition! Don't ask me how they make money, I only work there!

Cheers!

they're so dirt cheap they don't really care about making a profit on those bikes. they're there to bait sweaty itchy butts to their stores so fatsos who are inspired to work out and slim down would end up buying more food and beverages that carry good margins. :p

Agoraphobic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup, I believe you're right. They're bait! Those who buy stuff from Costco normally buy tons of stuff. Some things are worth it if one is throwing a party and wish to buy in bulk, or constant need items (my source for Pampers when my kid was little), any business operation (eg. food stores) get good deals there. Another problem in their operation - when the computers cock up - the checkout counters can't operate! Happened once while I was there, lucky it wasn't my job, all the floor merchandisers had to retrieve the goods from the buggies and return the goods to their shelves when the customers didn't want to wait and just left there filled buggies in line at the checkout counters and walked off! Big headache!

Cheers!

they're so dirt cheap they don't really care about making a profit on those bikes. they're there to bait sweaty itchy butts to their stores so fatsos who are inspired to work out and slim down would end up buying more food and beverages that carry good margins. :p

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am getting this item. I saw a youngster riding one last night. Unlike electric skate scooter, it's hands free. I saw him riding along park connector with his hands busy on a iPhone messaging his friends. Cool !

977231.jpg

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I am getting this item. I saw a youngster riding one last night. Unlike electric skate scooter, it's hands free. I saw him riding along park connector with his hands busy on a iPhone messaging his friends. Cool !

977231.jpg

It's nice but too slow .

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why would you need a bicycle for emergencies? :confused:

unlike in sg where the place is safe and protected by the pap from natural disasters, my humble abode is wedged between links in the middle of a golf course, and when disasters strike such as an earthquake, the most effective mode of transportation when gasoline runs out is cycling. to top up the emergency electric generator, i need to cycle to the nearest gas station which will be jammed by lines of vehicles to fill my portable fuel containers. but i can only carry two 2-gallon containers on each trip.

japanese reliance on bicycles after the earthquake and tsunami.....

image.jpg

Last edited: