• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forum database server upgraded to SSD!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
With the introduction of the new chat feature, the database server that is powering this forum has been under strain as a result of the extra workload.

I have therefore decided that an upgrade is needed and have informed the host to move the whole database to a brand new server with Solid State Drives.

If all goes to plan, this will happen by the end of the week.

The upgrade should serve the forum well for the next 2 years.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
whats the point?its not like you are hosting a high bandwidth JAV hentai anime streaming site for users suffering of chronic masturbation.

Last edited:

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
what size of SSD are you using for your DB?

With the introduction of the new chat feature, the database server that is powering this forum has been under strain as a result of the extra workload.

I have therefore decided that an upgrade is needed and have informed the host to move the whole database to a brand new server with Solid State Drives.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
whats the point?its not like you are hosting a high bandwidth JAV hentai anime streaming site for users suffering of chronic masturbation.

Nothing to do with bandwidth which is different kettle of fish altogether.

Fast read and write speeds are what a forum of this nature needs and SSD drives shine in this aspect.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Deal done. Will announce downtime schedule once I have it. Should not take too long... estimate about an hour.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

biz is good!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The Sammyboy Spirit Shall Prevail!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

That's only as long as all the members are still alive. We have already lost a few.

The current generation grew up with facebook, twitter, instagram and snapchat.

The concept of an on-line persona vs real life is alien to them. Anonymity isn't something most people want nowadays. In fact the exact opposite is true.

However, I'm quite surprised the forum is holding its own for longer than I expected hence the upgrade.