• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

United Nations: Amos Yee’s treatment is disproportionate and inappropriate

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
q.jpg

The United Nations has just issued a press release condemning the Singapore Government over Amos Yee’s treatment in jail.

PRESS STATEMENT: http://bangkok.ohchr.org/files/ROB Press Statement 220615.pdf

United Nations Human Rights Office urges the Singapore Government to consider the best interests of the child in Amos Yee court case

BANGKOK (22 JUNE 2015) – The United Nations Human Rights Office for South-East Asia (OHCHR) is concerned about the conviction of 16 year-old Amos Yee for uploading remarks and images critical of the late Lee Kuan Yew, the founding Prime-Minister of Singapore. He is due to be sentenced on 23 June 2015. Amos was remanded on 2 June for three weeks after he refused probation and is currently detained in Changi prison where, according to his lawyer, his physical and psychological status is deteriorating.

Amos was convicted on 12 May 2015 on two charges, one of wounding religious feelings under section 298 of the penal code and another for circulating obscene imagery under 292 (1) of the Penal Code. Amos had pleaded not guilty to both offences.

OHCHR understands that at the request of the prosecution, Amos is currently being assessed for his suitability for the Reformative Training Centre for a period of at least 18 months. OHCHR is concerned that the Reformative Training Centre is akin to detention and usually applied to juvenile offenders involved in serious crimes. The District Court of Singapore in a recent case involving a juvenile recognized that the Reformative Training Centre is incarcerative in nature and should be imposed cautiously.

While recognizing the Singapore authorities concern with public morality and social harmony, OHCHR is concerned that the criminal sanctions considered in this case seem disproportionate and inappropriate in terms of the international protections for freedom of expression and opinion.

While Amos himself has refused the option of probation, OHCHR appeals to the Singapore authorities to give special consideration to his juvenile status and ensure his treatment is consistent with the best interests of the child, the principle that lies at the heart of the Convention on the Rights of the Child, to which Singapore is a party.

OHCHR urges the Government to review the conviction of Amos Yee and the prosecutors to drop the demand for sentencing him to the Reformative Training Centre. OHCHR calls for the immediate release of Amos in line with its commitment under the UN Convention on the Rights of Child. OHCHR also hopes that the judiciary will exercise its authority in the protection of human rights including the rights of the child.

ENDS

The 16 year old has been in jail for over 41 days because he made a video criticizing the recently-deceased former Prime Minister Lee Kuan Yew and his son, the present Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

garytan1982

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read the Official Press Release.It is a completely Neutral Statement.
1)UN thinks RTC is for serious crimes?Wrong,it is for any crime.You can go RTC if you have no Family Member for Probation.

2)Based on the State Media,Amos refused Probation himself and wanted Prison.In such cases,they will recommend RTC,to prevent a Criminal Record and Prevent you from doing more trouble while on Probation.

3)The Statement urges the Gahmen to do what is in the best interests of Amos.Without supporting Amos crimes.They urged a Review of the Evidence to give Amos as light a sentence as possible,in view of his age.

DO NOT wrongfully pass this Article on as it is Sedition Act material...
You have been warned.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the UN and it's pityful Human Rights wing which is a disgrace. Where is it's condemnation of Hamas? Of the illegal war staged by the US? Of Guantanamo Bay?

UN rep in Bangkok molested me...oops trolling...no i'm not.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
We should jail Roy and KJ for slandering Singapore's good name before the UN. They have constantly colluded with foreigners to harm Singapore's interests and international image.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How dare the UN meddle with a sovereign country's domestic affairs! Lee Hsien Loong, please withdraw Singapore from UN membership. We must send a strong signal to the international community, especially in a SG50 year. :mad:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The PAP and the FamiLEE are a total fucking disgrace to the nation.

Spot on jiu hu kia. Fuck PAP. Really fuck them hard!! They are indeed too much to a boy! Agree.

So how? Since you shout so loud, are you going to protest against PAP outside Parliament? No?? You are ball-less like your parents in matland?

OK, let's do it the easier way, let us vote AGAINST the PAP in the next GE?? Are you going to vote against the PAP? Let them lose more seats or even the majority!

Oh, have you voted against them? I have voted against PAP in GE 2011 and will do so! You? No? Come on!! What NO again? Fuck you!!! Plus UMNO and MIC fuck your mother smelly chee bye!!

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lol !! Sinkapore government now kena pressure from the UN :wink:

If Lee Hsien Loong had balls and is truly a hard man of politics, he would have said 'fuck you' to the UN by launching some missiles.

But he's afraid of firecrackers. :wink:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How dare the UN meddle with a sovereign country's domestic affairs! Lee Hsien Loong, please withdraw Singapore from UN membership. We must send a strong signal to the international community, especially in a SG50 year. :mad:
Although your statement is made tongue in cheek, I think there is some truth and the UN is sabotaging the boy. If the father dared to proceed to cane Michael Faye who has the backing of US, the son must show that he can stand up to the challenge of UN as it is a domestic matter and there are 1001 excuses why RTC is a good option. Afterall, what is UN especially when the current head is a nobody. So RTC is becoming a surer destiny. Thanks to the UN and those trying to make political gains.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
What can UN do to make Pinky pee in his pants?

If I am not wrong, Sinkland pays a substantial sum to these leeches in the UN just as 'membership' fee! LoL

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If Lee Hsien Loong had balls and is truly a hard man of politics, he would have said 'fuck you' to the UN by launching some missiles.

Your this post you forgot to insert the LHL Fire Cracker photo for stimulating effects :wink:

Prodigy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the UN and it's pityful Human Rights wing which is a disgrace. Where is it's condemnation of Hamas? Of the illegal war staged by the US? Of Guantanamo Bay?

UN rep in Bangkok molested me...oops trolling...no i'm not.

Gotcha. You are just one of the many all lowercase alphabet characters clones from the PAP IB that echoes this... There is no need for u to pretend to be fake oppo supporter... wait... u have never been... for all i see is mockery at Amos Yee, Roy and others.

Why don't u get your China, Russia and North Korea to eradicate UN? :rolleyes:

As long China, Russia, North Korea and countries with despotic leaders that rules with iron fists, that deprives it's citizens of the rights through bans, censorship, jailing of political dissidents, the enemies of my enemies are my friends :biggrin:

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Although your statement is made tongue in cheek, I think there is some truth and the UN is sabotaging the boy. If the father dared to proceed to cane Michael Faye who has the backing of US, the son must show that he can stand up to the challenge of UN as it is a domestic matter and there are 1001 excuses why RTC is a good option. Afterall, what is UN especially when the current head is a nobody. So RTC is becoming a surer destiny. Thanks to the UN and those trying to make political gains.

Did Amos steal or vandalize like Michael Faye did?

Reformative Training Centre (RTC) is mean for juvenile offenders involved in crimes.
What crime did Amos actually commit to warrant a stay in RTC?

Your "1001 excuses why RTC is a good option" are just that, excuses. Sad will be the day when our court simply puts a kid in RTC just because of excuses.

To put him in RTC or to detain him further under any "excuse" would only show the world how vindictive and petty Singapore's system is.

Simpsons-Angry-Mob.png

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal

But this is the UN fuck you to the sissy. maybe he can hide behind his gorilla of a wife until the bad people go away

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did Amos steal or vandalize like Michael Faye did?

Reformative Training Centre (RTC) is mean for juvenile offenders involved in crimes.
What crime did Amos actually commit to warrant a stay in RTC?

Your "1001 excuses why RTC is a good option" are just that, excuses. Sad will be the day when our court simply puts a kid in RTC just because of excuses.

To put him in RTC or to detain him further under any "excuse" would only show the world how vindictive and petty Singapore's system is.

Correction, it isn't my 1001 excuses. It should be "their" 1001 excuses. By the way, to this day, I don't agree that vandalism is such a serious crime that warrant caning to be mandatory. If they dare to do it to an American, what is UN.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what amos yee has done is equal to online vandalism and verbal garbage and blasphemy.although i dont agree vandalism warrants as a serious crime and deserves capital punishment.amos yee's message was by estimates at least a hundred times more offensive than michael fay's.i propose the same level of justice be meted out and the punishment carried out with no qualms or query.

Last edited: