• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

$12 Wanton Noodle Meal

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little

Taste is not bad lah but this is really expensive

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Of course, it needs patrons like you to help cover its rental payments. :biggrin:

If I'm going to spend that kind of money I would rather indulge in a bowl of authentic Japanese ramen (which Ajisen and Ramenplay are not).

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
They're kind liao lah to take 4 cents off the bill, if I were the shop owner I'd round up to 25 and get 5 cents more from you

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
I thought $8.30 for a bowl of wanton noodle is already expensive was susprised to find I have to pa $12.20 finally. I thought like in Hong Kong, tea comes with the noodle but was shock I have to pay. So together with wet towel and service tax and GST this bowl of wanton noodle is the most expensive one I've had.

Noodle is quite little

Just head to the hawker center. $3 to $4 can get already, extra noodles and a few more wantons.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it only proves that sinkies are rich and can afford to go wanton on wanton noodles in air-conned and kena-conned restaurants. for me, $3 wanton noodles will do at the nearest hawker center. it may actually be more shiok slurping wanton mee plus char siew pork sweating it out at a coolie coffee corner. and look see kopi auntie with no bra.

even pontianak wanton mee is shiok and cheap.

image.jpg

Last edited:

canonfairy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Noodle is quite little

is that the full portion or half consumed portion?
and why did the bill came so fast?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the portions look pathetic,if this was australia and u were eating out and ordered a wanton mee that cost 12 AUD,the noodles would come in a XL ramen size bowl and there would be at least 10 wantons.

if u ordered the chinese cuisine fried rice with sze chuan beef and crispy chicken and what not,the portion of meat on the plate they give u is so much its literally like eating more protein than rice.

i remember ordering from a chinese restaurant in melborne duck rice with fu rong omelette,the omelette was so huge and the amount of duck was so big its almost like eating two adult meals,the tupperware container was nearly bursting with food.best of all it only cost 9AUD which was considered dirt cheap in australia for eating out and compared the the wages u make.(min wage $18 an hour).

i remember another time buying fish and chips from a mom and pop store in the suburb,$7 AUD.they wrapped the food in a newspaper and i was carry that huge bundle of fish and chips like a fucking american football thinking like wtf how much fish and chips did they put in it?half a trout and bass?

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
the portions look pathetic,if this was australia and u were eating out and ordered a wanton mee that cost 12 AUD,the noodles would come in a XL ramen size bowl and there would be at least 10 wantons.

if u ordered the chinese cuisine fried rice with sze chuan beef and crispy chicken and what not,the portion of meat on the plate they give u is so much its literally like eating more protein than rice.

i remember ordering from a chinese restaurant in melborne duck rice with fu rong omelette,the omelette was so huge and the amount of duck was so big its almost like eating two adult meals,the tupperware container was nearly bursting with food.best of all it only cost 9AUD which was considered dirt cheap in australia for eating out and compared the the wages u make.(min wage $18 an hour).

i remember another time buying fish and chips from a mom and pop store in the suburb,$7 AUD.they wrapped the food in a newspaper and i was carry that huge bundle of fish and chips like a fucking american football thinking like wtf how much fish and chips did they put in it?half a trout and bass?

NZ Wanton Noodles at the Hungry Wok Food court costs only $10 inclusive of GST in Christchurch with more Wantons.

It is the Super Killer Rents, sub-letting of food stalls and sale of $31million coffeeshops in SINGAPORE that are driving up food prices in Singapore. There ought to be rental caps and capital gains tax to punish these greedy landlords and property speculators making such obscene windfalls.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just head to the hawker center. $3 to $4 can get already, extra noodles and a few more wantons.

Half-ball Vivien, will ask you, " what you want"??. I have eaten at that Restaurant at Gateway & paid for that Wanton Mee at that price, the soup is not too bad, overall it is just average food, nothing special. It is just out of the escalator from the MRT Station, hungry, lazy to walk across the road.

How to get $3 - $4 food at Somerset area these days??, in the recent past, you could head to Cuppage Food Centre ( now gone) Now at centrepoint basement, you have Kopi-Tiam, or go to Cuppage Plaza.....Isle Cafe, fried bee hoon etc. plus drinks, come to $4.50 & there is a Wanton Noodle shop there too, plus a "yeong tow fu" stall, & others. In the past, one could also head to Kiliney Rd to eat, now, it is being upmarketed, prices had gone up or to PUB Building ( now 111 Somerset), where there was a canteen or next door a food court.....

Orchard Gateway Wanton Noodle at that Restaurant is reasonable for that area, they have roast pork char siew, roast duck etc. rice too...If cannot afford, don't eat there. I have eaten at that stretch of malls, at two other Restaurants, one at the extreme corner of 313 Somerset & some others I forgot, & bought bread etc from Marcie & eaten at Marcie a couple of times.

I forgot, cross the road using the Pedestrian Crossing at 313, Midland House basement, there is a food court too...but $3-$4 meal, not possible. My point is, you are at Orchard Road/ Somerset Area....you expect to get a $3-$4 meal??. You can't afford the $10.40 Wanton Noodle..don't eat, why complain?.

Last edited: