• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

International Yoga Day - 21st June 2015

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was skeptical at first but anyway I tried it because my wife was an ardent practioner of yoga.

She herself took it up after we visited an ashram in India before our marriage.

After having practised it for more than 30 years, I strongly recommend it to you guys here.

Do you guys know there's a challenge on social media called "The Belly Button Challenge"? Well, believe it or not, I'm able to do it, all thanks to yoga.

Correct me if I'm wrong: according to Chinese popular folklore, Shaolin martial arts were invented by Damo, a Buddhist monk from India more than a thousand years ago.

If you show drawings of Shaolin martial arts as invented by Damo to Indian masters of yoga today, the latter will tell you they are yoga positions.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to popular folklore, a Shaolin monk invented a series of yoga positions that are lethal when executed in rapid sequence during a fight. He was rumored to have no scrotum, a well-known congenital condition in which his testes remained in his body after birth. It gives ignorant onlookers the impression that the person with the condition had undergone castration.

That fact could've been the inspiration for Jin Yong to create a character called "Dong Fang Bu Bai" who had to castrate himself in order to master the skills contained in a formidable and lethal pugilistic manual called "Kui Hua Bao Dian". By the way, the novel by Jin Yong is "Xiao Ao Jiang Hu". In the mid-1990s, Mediacorpse produced a TV serial based on the said novel starring Chew Chor Meng.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was skeptical at first but anyway I tried it because my wife was an ardent practioner of yoga.

She herself took it up after we visited an ashram in India before our marriage.

After having practised it for more than 30 years, I strongly recommend it to you guys here.

Do you guys know there's a challenge on social media called "The Belly Button Challenge"? Well, believe it or not, I'm able to do it, all thanks to yoga.

Correct me if I'm wrong: according to Chinese popular folklore, Shaolin martial arts were invented by Damo, a Buddhist monk from India more than a thousand years ago.

If you show drawings of Shaolin martial arts as invented by Damo to Indian masters of yoga today, the latter will tell you they are yoga positions.

likewise Wudang martial arts incl taiji & bagua fist? LOL

jw5

Loyal
Absolutely not. Wudang martial arts incl taiji was started by Zhang Sanfeng. It was later mastered by his grand disciple Zhang Wuji within minutes of watching him. :wink:

likewise Wudang martial arts incl taiji & bagua fist? LOL