• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Local SME With 12 Days Annual Leave

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those working in local SME, on average how many days of annual leave are you given?
Do you think 12 days of leave is too stingy?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
others OT like siao, even if they got 21-days, 5-days work

like RUN's Soc Gen friend in Singapore, they work 5-days but almost 80-hours a week
$15K a month superior is like that, $5k a month ops staff also like that
they got 21-days leave and the bank gotta beg them to clear it (in one-shot, try not to break-up) to prevent them from burning out.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
others OT like siao, even if they got 21-days, 5-days work

like RUN's Soc Gen friend in Singapore, they work 5-days but almost 80-hours a week
$15K a month superior is like that, $5k a month ops staff also like that
they got 21-days leave and the bank gotta beg them to clear it (in one-shot, try not to break-up) to prevent them from burning out.

I had 21 days of leave per year. When I started it was 14 days but it gradually increased to a maximum of 21 days. The trouble is that I had to clear my leave because you couldn't accumulate more than 21 days. So I ended up taking 5 days of leave every 3 months.

The only other alternative was to sell the leave to the company.

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
Angmo countries only work 40 hours per week and 30 days vacations!

Great for family life balance. No way i want to return and work like a dog for min. wage in Sinkapor.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
angmoh countries going to the dog no wonder they cannot be manufacturers, manufacturing is king.

family life balance my foot. go pub get drunks more likely or drunk at home. Angmoh countries of drunk shitheads always one hand holding a bottle of beer one after another.

Angmo countries only work 40 hours per week and 30 days vacations!

Great for family life balance. No way i want to return and work like a dog for min. wage in Sinkapor.

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had 21 days of leave per year. When I started it was 14 days but it gradually increased to a maximum of 21 days. The trouble is that I had to clear my leave because you couldn't accumulate more than 21 days. So I ended up taking 5 days of leave every 3 months.

The only other alternative was to sell the leave to the company.

sme hardly will buy back your leave.
Especiallly local boss

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
many SME 7-days, excluding emergency leaves n medical.
it is all part of the pay package.

Pay-higher more important.

You won't get high pay in SMEs... stingy in pay, stingy in perks, stingy in benefits, stingy in training and stingy in career progression.

Oh, and last but not least: stingy in trust. Always assuming the worst in employees, then wonder why turnover is so high and productivity is so low. :cool:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You won't get high pay in SMEs... stingy in pay, stingy in perks, stingy in benefits, stingy in training and stingy in career progression.

Oh, and last but not least: stingy in trust. Always assuming the worst in employees, then wonder why turnover is so high and productivity is so low. :cool:

When it comes to giving out so called "Profit Sharing", AWS, Bonus, Commission the local boss will sometimes claimed that he needs $$$ to fund the projects and need
to delay giving out the perks and benefits to employees. Like that how to motivate people to work hard?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
when it cums to vacation hours, u.s. companies are the stingiest. typical vacation hours for starting employees are 80 hours or 10 workdays. public holidays are limited to 10 days, with some companies offering only 7 holidays plus 3 days on "paid time off" (pto) arrangements, i.e. employees get to select their 3 days of holiday, e.g. jewish may pick hanukkah over christmas.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... the local boss will sometimes claimed that he needs $$$ to fund the projects and need to delay giving out the perks and benefits to employees ...
not soon afterwards, u c dat burger drive 2 wok in a brand new beemer ...