• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ren Ci Hospital (another case of NKF?)

lecher

Alfrescian
Loyal
read fm the papers this morning ..... understand vernerable ming yi has been slap with 10 charges for alleged forgery, conspiracy and misuse of funds ....

sense of deja vu again ...... :(

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not bro High Command, u hv seen Ven Ming Yi wearing Rolex n ride in Mercedes? Anyway, i m not surprise if he does bcos i also hv seen a few high ranking monks riding in Benz. And if anybody were to query them, they said it was donated by the followers.

To me, even if it is true tat some rich followers hv purchased d Benz n donated d car to the temple for d use of the Chief Monk, the Chief Monk should reject this kindness n go on to advise these well-off followers to donate their money to good causes like, giving them to genuine charitable organisation (of any faith). There are many unfortunate people (especially those who are in need of medical attention) needs money to buy necessities like food and medication. If these money are given to them it can help to alleviate the sufferings of many unfortunate people. That is a better cause rather than buying Benz for the Chief Monk.

As the Chief Monk or a monk, even if d follower is kind enuf to buy a car for the use of the monk so as to enable d monk to further his teaching of d Dharma and deliverance of all sentient beings, d monk shd just say to d follower tat dun buy a Benz, just buy a reliable car, like any of d cheap n good Japanese car. Keep it simple n straight forward. The purpose is just to help the monk to travel from point A to point B to help other people in need. Luxury shd not b the concern at all. As the Lord Buddha said, "We should just satisfy our needs and not our desires". Only then can we be a good and honest person. Only then can we have lesser sufferings.

I dun wish to speak ill about the monk and I cannot speak ill of them. I just hope that the monks (esp those who r Chief Monk) should teach the followers to adhere strictly to the Dharma and practise them in good faith. The monks should nicely reject anything given to them that are more than just needs. Afterall, we came to this world without anything, not even a piece of cloth, and we will leave this world without anything. What we can bring with us when we leave this world is d Dharma and all the pujas that we have practised.

As for Ven Ming Yi, I personally dun think he has intention to cheat on any of the funds that were managed by him. I guess it is an administration glitch in that certain procedures that ought to have been adhered to were overlooked or not followed. Anyhow, that is only my guess. Let the authorities investigate further and lets see what d Court will say if he is being charged.

shyysg

I seriously do hope that this will be just a case of glitch due to poor administration rather than vernerable Ming Yi having the intention to cheat on any of the funds that were entrusted and managed by him by the organization.

Guess this will be the second case of another religious figure being called in for investigation after father Joakim Kang

There are more than just a handful of unfortunate and needy folks out there whom really depended on all these fund raising campaigns and since the NKF issue had already placed an really huge dent in the confidence level of most Singaporean even when comes to fund raising campaigns by genuine charitable organisations.

Do hope that the authorities will be able to clear things up after further investigating into this case.

Lord Imperious

Alfrescian
Loyal
To me, even if it is true tat some rich followers hv purchased d Benz n donated d car to the temple for d use of the Chief Monk, the Chief Monk should reject this kindness n go on to advise these well-off followers to donate their money to good causes like, giving them to genuine charitable organisation (of any faith). There are many unfortunate people (especially those who are in need of medical attention) needs money to buy necessities like food and medication. If these money are given to them it can help to alleviate the sufferings of many unfortunate people. That is a better cause rather than buying Benz for the Chief Monk.

Well said! Now that is how monks should behave.

kakowi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not bro High Command, u hv seen Ven Ming Yi wearing Rolex n ride in Mercedes? Anyway, i m not surprise if he does bcos i also hv seen a few high ranking monks riding in Benz. And if anybody were to query them, they said it was donated by the followers.

As the Chief Monk or a monk, even if d follower is kind enuf to buy a car for the use of the monk so as to enable d monk to further his teaching of d Dharma and deliverance of all sentient beings, d monk shd just say to d follower tat dun buy a Benz, just buy a reliable car, like any of d cheap n good Japanese car. Keep it simple n straight forward. The purpose is just to help the monk to travel from point A to point B to help other people in need. Luxury shd not b the concern at all. As the Lord Buddha said, "We should just satisfy our needs and not our desires". Only then can we be a good and honest person. Only then can we have lesser sufferings.

I dun wish to speak ill about the monk and I cannot speak ill of them. I just hope that the monks (esp those who r Chief Monk) should teach the followers to adhere strictly to the Dharma and practise them in good faith. The monks should nicely reject anything given to them that are more than just needs. Afterall, we came to this world without anything, not even a piece of cloth, and we will leave this world without anything. What we can bring with us when we leave this world is d Dharma and all the pujas that we have practised.

As for Ven Ming Yi, I personally dun think he has intention to cheat on any of the funds that were managed by him. I guess it is an administration glitch in that certain procedures that ought to have been adhered to were overlooked or not followed. Anyhow, that is only my guess. Let the authorities investigate further and lets see what d Court will say if he is being charged.

Tigerboy18, i like the way you analyze. Did Buddha really said that? I hope that you will share more about Buddhism at a layman level because i deeply admire his compassionate spirit.

Lord Imperious

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tigerboy18, i like the way you analyze. Did Buddha really said that? I hope that you will share more about Buddhism at a layman level because i deeply admire his compassionate spirit.

Actually bro tigerboy18 pretty much sums up the spirit of Buddhism he has shown great enlightenment.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It's not money that is the root of all evil.
It's the love of money that is the root of all evil.

I love money too. It buys me freedom. But i dun think i am evil. I never do anything that harms others or cheat others.

tigerboy18

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just read on the internet tat d Ven Ming Yi has been charged wif 10 charges of alleged forgery, conspiracy n misuse of funds.

Bro Kakowi, wat I have said is true. It is d teaching of d Lord Buddha. You see, what trouble us or get us into trouble is tis thing called "Greed". Greed is incidentally 1 of the 10 deadly sins in d Bible. Greed drives up our desires. And when greed is out of control it can b so very dangerous. Not only that person could harm himself or get himself into troubles, he also could get his peers and/or family into troubles. Therefore it is most impt tat we must control our desires. The best way to control greed or desires, I believe, is to learn to be contented, feel contented. When we are contented, any flame of greed or desires cannot burn and be extinguished.

Please dun be mistaken hor, I m not preaching any religion here. I am just sharing some shallow philosophy of life tat I have learnt. I certainly have not attained enlightenment as some bros here said. You flattered me liao. There r so much to learn and I m learning.

Next few weeks and going to the 4 August 2008 when d case of Ven Ming Yi starts will be very interesting. I guess tis should b d most difficult challenge for tis 'daring' monk besides all those daring stances tat he had done during those funds raising event for Ren Ci Hosp.

Well, if he is innocent, d Buddhas n all d Devas will know and he will be vindicated. The law of "Cause and Effect" in Buddhism will always hold. Good Cause will lead to good Effect, n Bad Cause will surely lead to bad Effect.

And if he has really done wrong he will have to answer to d Buddhas, even if his 'powerful' lawyers could get him off.