• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually all this can be pinpoint to one party fault, our LTA. When our COE prices crashed during the 2008/9 crisis, LTA decided to reduced the VEP. Few years later when our economy strengthen and our COE prices shoot up, LTA decided to raised the VEP upward which trigger widespread unhappiness that leads to the attention of the Malaysia RTD thus the current punitive measures taken.

If LTA maintained the VEP rate regardless of our COE prices then, I don't think any of this regrettable event would have taken place.

Last edited:

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Govt playing with people's livelihood.
Pity those families that have to commute to and fro on a regular basis.
This is an unnecessary burden on them.

nusajaya2020

Alfrescian
Loyal
Federal vs State govt. If only the state govt can give some rebates to offset the new VEP. Seriously, the local businesses are screwed other than those near the CIQ like City square.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - A new entry fee for foreign-registered vehicles, which will be levied only on motorists entering Malaysia via Johor, "discriminates" against Singapore vehicles, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) said on Tuesday.

The ministry added that Singapore will consider "matching" the RM20 (S$7.16) fee - that will kick in on Oct 1 - in "some form", after the ministry has studied its implementation.

The MOT said in a press statement that it has also asked the Malaysian authorities for more details on a new policy requiring Singapore vehicles to pre-register before crossing the border

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually all this can be pinpoint to one party fault, our LTA. When our COE prices crashed during the 2008/9 crisis, LTA decided to reduced the VEP. Few years later when our economy strengthen and our COE prices shoot up, LTA decided to raised the VEP upward which trigger widespread unhappiness that leads to the attention of the Malaysia RTD thus the current punitive measures taken.

If LTA maintained the VEP rate regardless of our COE prices then, I don't think any of this regrettable event would have taken place.

Singapore VEP is to account for the fact that Malaysian cars no need to pay COE.
So tagging the VEP price to COE is correct concept.
They should just come up with a formula to determine vep on an annual basis based on past year avg COE.

Our government should just let go. If Malaysian SPR wants to buy malaysian car and drive in to SG everyday, so be it.
Just collect the VEP which accounts for the COE.
From malaysia government point of view, they would be thinking, why must force them to buy Sg cars?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think of it this way.
A Singaporean pays $XXX to drive his car on the road due to COE, road tax, etc.
If not for the VEP, any Malaysian would be paying next to nothing to drive into SG and uses the same roads a Singaporean has to pay to use.
And if there is no VEP restrictions, the roads will be choked with cars with MY plates with many staying on for days.
With so many Malaysians working in SG, can you imagine the jams!
As a SG driver, you want this to happen?

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM20 is a very small amount to Singaporean or SPR.... is like nothing. I hope Msia can charge RM50 so that less Singaporeans come in.....and less jam at causeway.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read and understand my post before acting smart, I said if LTA had maintained the VEP regardless of our COE prices, this may not happened.
Think of it this way.
A Singaporean pays $XXX to drive his car on the road due to COE, road tax, etc.
If not for the VEP, any Malaysian would be paying next to nothing to drive into SG and uses the same roads a Singaporean has to pay to use.
And if there is no VEP restrictions, the roads will be choked with cars with MY plates with many staying on for days.
With so many Malaysians working in SG, can you imagine the jams!
As a SG driver, you want this to happen?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Read and understand my post before acting smart, I said if LTA had maintained the VEP regardless of our COE prices, this may not happened.

First, do you know why was VEP first introduced, obviously you don't based on your rude reply!
The COE prices affects the cost of using the roads DIRECTLY for all SG drivers.
The VEP hence has to reflect with the COE's prices and adjust periodically to be fair to all the SG drivers.
So you mean that even when COE prices is doubled or halved, the VEP should remain unchanged???

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM20 is a very small amount to Singaporean or SPR.... is like nothing. I hope Msia can charge RM50 so that less Singaporeans come in.....and less jam at causeway.

2 nights ago I was pleasantly surprised when I spotted the remnants of the petrol warriors in PETRONAS and Shell just after CIQ at 3am in the morning. It does seem that @ with 3 times higher tolls, these petrol warriors are carrying the spirit of SG50 into JB petrol station! * Salute!*

I don't know if the RM 20 levy will eradicate them and make them extinct altogether but with the SG50 spirit flying high I believe they will survive.

One trip to Ipoh I can save RM 300 in petrol alone. RM20 is like a GST. But of course I hope that the jams wont exist.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
2 nights ago I was pleasantly surprised when I spotted the remnants of the petrol warriors in PETRONAS and Shell just after CIQ at 3am in the morning. It does seem that @ with 3 times higher tolls, these petrol warriors are carrying the spirit of SG50 into JB petrol station! * Salute!*

I don't know if the RM 20 levy will eradicate them and make them extinct altogether but with the SG50 spirit flying high I believe they will survive.

One trip to Ipoh I can save RM 300 in petrol alone. RM20 is like a GST. But of course I hope that the jams wont exist.

You are absolutely right! RM20 just like peanut.... or "GST" to them. The Singapore government try to make some noise to show that they are "very concern" about their citizen. Infact, they just acting. With the Spore election around the corner, many play acting now for the PAP. Anyway, PAP is going to win more seats and big this time around because of LKY factor.

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal

I agree that obviously this fella is acting smart. He is infamous in twisting others word. This reminded me of some of his gangs and clones who like to turn this place into their playground.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lta should charge Malaysi an motorbike 20sgd per day. They are a nuisance. And vep for cars should up to 50sgd per entry. Take that , johor !!!! Furthermore pls enforce traffic rules including banning recalcitrant johor cars from entering Singapore. They drive like maniacs with total disregard for road safety. I have written to lta as well.

It will hit the blue collar workers from Malaysia hard and raise the cost of business in Singapore. Bikes don't take up a lot of space on the road so I think it is fine that the Singapore government provides an alternative to maintain the blue collar labour pool. Malaysia cars do pose a traffic issue as they are mostly not familiar with the roads here, and I notice a spike of Malaysia cars on Singapore roads recently when the RM depreciates badly against SGD. I don't think LTA/Traffic Police have enough manpower to catch the errant drivers, as there are a lot more other crazy drivers on the road.

ZigZag

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree that obviously this fella is acting smart. He is infamous in twisting others word. This reminded me of some of his gangs and clones who like to turn this place into their playground.

Yes... I enjoy the peacefulness of this forum now. I regret seeing some guys here in the past who only keen for a shouting match. Really appreciate the admins here because i think they have worked very hard to enforce the forum rules as to keep all objectionable messages off this site. Well done and keep it up!!

Relaxman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will hit the blue collar workers from Malaysia hard and raise the cost of business in Singapore. Bikes don't take up a lot of space on the road so I think it is fine that the Singapore government provides an alternative to maintain the blue collar labour pool. Malaysia cars do pose a traffic issue as they are mostly not familiar with the roads here, and I notice a spike of Malaysia cars on Singapore roads recently when the RM depreciates badly against SGD. I don't think LTA/Traffic Police have enough manpower to catch the errant drivers, as there are a lot more other crazy drivers on the road.

I don't believe Spore have the guts to impose VEP on motorbikes. All the talking at the Spore side is just wayang. Just to show their concern as election is nearby.

huatgugu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes... I enjoy the peacefulness of this forum now. I regret seeing some guys here in the past who only keen for a shouting match. Really appreciate the admins here because i think they have worked very hard to enforce the forum rules as to keep all objectionable messages off this site. Well done and keep it up!!

Hahaha...bloody clone of cslong! This forum is tweaked and manipulated by a bunch of idiots, super kelong, just like the country! Malaysia boleh! Hahaha cheers :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't believe Spore have the guts to impose VEP on motorbikes. All the talking at the Spore side is just wayang. Just to show their concern as election is nearby.

If COE keeps rising, there is a possibility. Costs of living will just go up. Today's jam for entering JB is particularly bad. Imagine the revenue from these vehicles.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lta should charge Malaysi an motorbike 20sgd per day. They are a nuisance. And vep for cars should up to 50sgd per entry. Take that , johor !!!! Furthermore pls enforce traffic rules including banning recalcitrant johor cars from entering Singapore. They drive like maniacs with total disregard for road safety. I have written to lta as well.

This I have to agree. In my 6 hours jam into Johor Bahru to celebrate SG50 = MYR 140, my new car was stratched badly on my left, right and back all by Wajas, Gen 2 etc with market value of about S$4000. If a car is cheap, people don't cherish.

The Spore govt should impose a new ruling to only allow Malaysian cars with OMV of S$50,000 to enter Singapore ( effectively wiping out those cheaper ABC Class of Mercs and 12345 Series BMW cars. Only the expensive cars can enter because I realise the cheap car drivers drive as if their Godfather is LKY.