• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these VEP was started by the Greedy PAP gahmen they are the cause of these
ridiculous charges!! From S$20.00 they increased to S$35.00 what do u expect JB
and Federal Gahmen sit and watch PAP ripping Johorean off??

JB gahmen do a tit for tat for Stinkaporean who goes there to Spend BIG or Small money...
the different is Johorean comes SG to earn money!! Stinkaporean go JB to SPEND Money
and got Ripped off!!

I for one will STOP there for my weekly golfing and surrender my golf membership,
forget about fishing in Malaysia!! Forget about Shopping!!

Good Bye JB, your economy will go down the drain without Sinkies going there to spend money!!

Adiyours Amigos!!

Selamat Jalan Kaki baleh kita punya Kampong di Singapura!!

I have heard enough of all these anyway. When the toll @ Woodlands was increased almost 3 times x 2 sides, many said JB economy is doomed.

Now even weekdays the jams are atrocious. It has been putting off bona fide travellers like me who go in to pump petrol, massage and polishing my expensive Jap sedan.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is there a confirmation that they will charge additional RM20 for every foreign car entering Malaysia from August Onwards ?

Just heard from Channel 8 news that the malaysian authority is delaying collection of RM20 VEP to September first 2015.

Aviator

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very stupid move if Malaysia Federal authorities do this

Will definitely be a big step backwards for tourism Malaysia and will have a big impact for the local businesses in JB in particular.

It's like one step forward, two steps backwards... Stupiffff

ComingToJB

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very stupid move if Malaysia Federal authorities do this

Will definitely be a big step backwards for tourism Malaysia and will have a big impact for the local businesses in JB in particular.

It's like one step forward, two steps backwards... Stupiffff

If they are smart.. It won't be S$1 = RM2.8 today... Will be RM1 = S$2.8..

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
VEP fee to be imposed on Singapore vehicles from Oct 1

Zazali Musa and Patrick Lee | The Star/Asia News Network | Saturday, Aug 1, 2015

GELANG PATAH: Foreign private vehicles entering Malaysia from Singapore will be required to pay an RM20 (S$7.18) fee from Oct 1.

Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Abdul Aziz Kaprawi said the RM20 Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee for foreign vehicles would begin on Oct 1, instead of Sept 1, as previously announced.

He said payment was only by Touch 'n Go card and that the VEP would be on imposed on private passenger vehicles, including multi-purpose and sports utilities vehicles.

He added that from Sept 1, Singapore vehicles which aren't registered with the Road Transport Department (JPJ) would be refused entry into Malaysia.

Abdul Aziz said the mandatory registration applied for all private vehicles, public buses, taxis, goods vehicles as well as diplomatic cars.

He said the online registration would start on Aug 15, and vehicle owners are required to pay RM10 for the road charge (RC), which is valid for five years.

On the VEP, Abdul Aziz said government vehicles, motorcycles, public buses and taxis would be exempted from the fee but that they still had to be registered with JPJ.

Speaking to The Star later, Abdul Aziz said the VEP system would have a second phase covering the Malaysia-Thailand border, and that the government hoped for a mid-2016 roll-out.

He added that the VEP fee would likely be the same.

"We have to have standard procedure," he said.

On Aug 1, last year, Singapore increased the VEP for foreign vehicles entering the republic from S$20 (RM55.70) to S$35 (RM97.50) daily.

The republic also raised the Goods Vehicle Permit from S$10 (RM27.80) to S$40 (RM111.50).

- See more at: http://transport.asiaone.com/news/g...singapore-vehicles-oct-1#sthash.diT2U3Sc.dpuf

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
A round trip toll across SG-JB customs will cost about $55 RM or $20 SGD from 1 Oct 2015. Coupled with inflation in JB, there is actually not much saving if you are not doing any serious shopping or feast in JB. More Malaysians will switch away from cars or just move to SG since the toll charges add up to the cost of 1 bedroom room rental (~$500 SGD). HDB rental in woodlands will go up and businesses in JB will drop by another 10-20%.

cola23

Alfrescian
Loyal
What about mm2h residences that commute daily to Singapore? Are there any concessions? If not Johore properties would slum further.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes agree.
Should have some concession for regular travellers.
It's difficult and an unnecessary financial burden.
If you look carefully most of Singaporean going in are not the super rich but mainly middle class. This will affect them the most.
It's ok if Johor is like the Monaco of the East where there are Ferraris everywhere on the streets. Then it's viable. But most middle class Singaporean will find that they have other options.
Hopefully they'll be able to realize the impact.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
JB properties prices already seen downtrend few years already but this only affirmed and accelerate the downtrend.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess that's it also for the HSR project.
Everything should be put on hold already.
Don't think singapore govt would be enthusiastic about pushing it forward amidst all the political uncertainty

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess that's it also for the HSR project.
Everything should be put on hold already.
Don't think singapore govt would be enthusiastic about pushing it forward amidst all the political uncertainty

As long as it's something that can make money, the MY govt (whoever is in charge) will certainly press on with the HSR/RTS. So it will eventually materialise, albeit at a slower pace.

PS: When I mean 'make money', I dont just mean the fares, but also the construction and the lands surrounding the stations......

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as it's something that can make money, the MY govt (whoever is in charge) will certainly press on with the HSR/RTS. So it will eventually materialise, albeit at a slower pace.

PS: When I mean 'make money', I dont just mean the fares, but also the construction and the lands surrounding the stations......

It bring much needed economy to the faltering economy. The shop houses around the station, makan, shopping ....... all these will inject people and funds into Malaysia.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
The spas and massage centres that I patronises are more and more crowded during weekends and I wonder why. With GST and high tolls, it seems businesses around Bukit Indah are getting better. I have so much difficulty in getting a massage slots every Saturday night

alleyboy

Alfrescian
Loyal

He said the online registration would start on Aug 15, and vehicle owners are required to pay RM10 for the road charge (RC), which is valid for five years.

On the VEP, Abdul Aziz said government vehicles, motorcycles, public buses and taxis would be exempted from the fee but that they still had to be registered with JPJ.

Can anyone tell me how to register online? Whats the website?

TIA

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I doubt so. Singapore do need the foreign labour force to boost Singapore workforce.
But Malaysia doing such things makes people wonder what's the rationale behind their decision making.
I think If it's meant to spite Singapore then it's very short sighted.

Makes people wonder what's the assurance that Malaysia govt policies will not be so random in future. But I doubt it can be changed. Malaysia policies are frequently tainted by emotions which makes it unpredictable.