• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great if it's really true. I dont mind paying more to save time. In fact, I need to go KL tomorrow. Hopefully it will be totally jam free when I come back to SG on Thursday night.

As I'd said, for occasional odd hour driving like yourself, it is indeed not a problem but for those people having to drive in and out everyday to work, its another heavy burden.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I'd said, for occasional odd hour driving like yourself, it is indeed not a problem but for those people having to drive in and out everyday to work, its another heavy burden.

You no need to worry about them as they save some RM 300 to RM 600,000 just on housing alone when they stay in JB.

If they bother about RM 400 entry levy per month and RM 4,800 per year I guess they deserved to be screwed badly by govt of both sides.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreign vehicles entering Singapore to pay 'reciprocal road charge' of S$6.40

SINGAPORE: Starting Feb 15, all foreign-registered cars will have to pay a reciprocal road charge (RRC) of S$6.40 when they enter Singapore via the Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoints, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) announced on Monday (Jan 16).

"The RRC mirrors Malaysia’s road charge of RM20 (S$6.40) per entry for non-Malaysia registered cars entering Johor, which was implemented on Nov 1, 2016," LTA said.

The road charge will be collected together with the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP), toll charges and fixed Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) fees upon departure at the Tuas or Woodlands Checkpoints.

Signs have been put up to remind motorists to pay for the applicable charges by inserting their Autopass card or CashCard into the card readers at the immigration booths, LTA said.

Motorists who evade payment face a S$50 fine for a first offence and S$100 for a subsequent offence. Those who fail to pay the fine may be charged in court and face a fine of up to S$1,000 or a jail term of up to three months, LTA added.

An average of 20,000 Singapore-registered vehicles enter Malaysia daily via the two land checkpoints.

Singapore’s Transport Minister Khaw Boon Wan said in Parliament last Monday that the Government has a “long-standing policy” of matching any levy, tolls or fees charged by Malaysia at the land checkpoints.

“This is to ensure that Malaysia takes into consideration our response whenever they raise their tolls or introduce a new levy,” Mr Khaw said.

Malaysia collected about RM13.9 million in road charges from Singapore vehicles between Nov 1, when the new road charge was launched, and Dec 20 last year, he added.

- CNA/cy

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed today, the new Road Charge for entering SG will be implemented from 15 Feb 2017, immediately after the CNY.
MY enriched themselves effortlessly by introducing the new Road Charge, collecting millions monthly also allowed SG to do the same by reciprocation - MY indeed enriching thy neighbour.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see more and more jiuhu cars on the road these few months in SG. $6.40 is ka jiang pu tei. :rolleyes:
it requires 4 months for sg gov to match their price - si buai weak.

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Confirmed today, the new Road Charge for entering SG will be implemented from 15 Feb 2017, immediately after the CNY.
MY enriched themselves effortlessly by introducing the new Road Charge, collecting millions monthly also allowed SG to do the same by reciprocation - MY indeed enriching thy neighbour.

Nothing Wrong. Got money both side get to make some. It's very logical. Si buay weak is that if people can do , you can't. Then you are sibei Weak.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
i see more and more jiuhu cars on the road these few months in SG. $6.40 is ka jiang pu tei. :rolleyes:
it requires 4 months for sg gov to match their price - si buai weak.

Not si buay weak la, SG gave them time to reconsider and make a U-turn but after realizing that they can collect millions every month they decide to continue with the road charge so SG has to reciprocate accordingly to the bilateral agreement.
This is known as "pang chance" for them to realize the implementation of a silly rule which actually may hurt their very own citizens and ultimately, their own economy

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not si buay weak la, SG gave them time to reconsider and make a U-turn but after realizing that they can collect millions every month they decide to continue with the road charge so SG has to reciprocate accordingly to the bilateral agreement.
This is known as "pang chance" for them to realize the implementation of a silly rule which actually may hurt their very own citizens and ultimately, their own economy

All ride motor cycle come into Singapore.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia wants to counter Sinkie Land's S$35 VEP woh? Ho Say Liao. Those Sinkies staying in JB and working in Sinkie Land (by car) will get hit jialat jialat.

Next time, it's cheaper to go to JB by flight. You'll get the captain saying "Cabin crews prepare for take-off" and within 10 minutes, you'll get "Welcome to Malaysia, the local time is now.........." Now S$35 on budget airlines can already get you to KL.

qoUn6QNl.jpg

FOLLOWING Singapore's decision to impose a new Reciprocal Road Charge (RRC) of S$6.40 (RM20) on foreign-registered cars entering the republic, Transport Minister Datuk Seri Liow Tiong Lai said Malaysia may be forced to mirror the island republic by charging a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) fee of S$35 (RM109) on foreign vehicles entering Malaysia.

Defending Malaysia's decision to impose the RM20 Road Charge (RC) on foreign-registered vehicles entering Malaysia in November last year, he said it was only reasonable as Malaysia did not reciprocate ever since Singapore imposed the VEP fee in 1973.

On Monday, in announcing the RRC for all foreign-registered cars entering the Woodlands and Tuas checkpoints starting Feb 15, Singapore's Land Transport Authority said it mirrors Malaysia's RC, which was introduced on Nov 1 last year.

"If they (Singapore) insist on it (imposing the RRC) and do not reconsider their decision, we (Malaysia) may be forced to implement the VEP policy practised by Singapore," Liow was quoted by Oriental Daily News as saying in a report today.

Asked to elaborate, Liow pointed out that Singapore Implemented the VEP more than 30 years ago, and when Malaysia implemented RC decades later last year, the island republic deemed it a different matter and wanted to impose the RRC.

He said RRC will be a burden on Malaysians driving into Singapore but "perhaps it is a move by Singapore to control the number of foreign-registered cars going into the republic".

As such, Malaysia will also review measures to regulate entry of foreign-registered cars into Malaysia, he added.

Source: http://www.thesundaily.my/news/2130973

Last edited:

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
If silly Malaysian Govt increase matching fees and charge, Like that Shopping mall , new and old will go bust in no time.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
If silly Malaysian Govt increase matching fees and charge, Like that Shopping mall , new and old will go bust in no time.

Whatever charges is paid by the people, the govt just have to collect, why they bother especially when the govt is alreay going broke giving out borrowed money to the people to win votes.
They don't understand ultimately who suffers.

Malaysian Foreign Reserves

2016 Oct - US$98.1 billions
2016 Nov - US$96.3 billions
2016 Dec - US$94.6 billions
2017 Jan - ???

It is shrinking rapidly by the day!!!!!
They need money and fast!!!!

Last edited:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha take out the popcorn, investor888 wishes came true now, his jiu hu properties now all cannot sell.

Fear not.
All the major Chinese development like Forest City, Princess Cove, Greenland, etc. were actually aiming at the Mainlanders.
According to the interview with the Greenland GM in attached video, about 90% of the buyers were Mainlanders.
A customer when asked why he bought a property in MY, he said because of the proximity to SG, its convenient for his children's future education! ([email protected])

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxfC4n_jN4E

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I say make sure you have lots of popcorn and enjoy the show ha ha ha ha

Actually right now, Dr M and the Johor Sultan had just cross sword on this Iskandar / Chinese development.
Note the guy being interviewed @19.08 Lim Kang Ho, MD Iskandar Waterfront Holdings was also responsible for the failed JB Waterfront Lot 1 Shopping Mall, a mojor eyesore right in the city now.
That one is a simple illustration his "grand foresight" while all the things he said were just some politically correct stuff.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last shopping weekend before CNY yet the traffic, unlike before, is it pretty smooth with reasonably light traffic like a weekday.