• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor, i also realised. Few confrontation with armed robbers, also all kena shoot mati and polices unharmed. How come ya...robber too noobs?

Another one today..

Wednesday, 19 October 2016
[FONT=&quot]Violent youth shot dead after drama-filled car chase
[/FONT]

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Home Minister aka Deputy Prime Minister is a very hard man. When he became the Home Minister 2 years ago, he made a remark to the police force "Shoot to Kill". That statement showed the hardliner character he is. When 200 Sulu intruders came over to Sabah, none of them went back. Then at one time there was a spate of killings on underworld kingpins, most of the hired killers were hunted and shot on sight. We all wonder when and if Najib resign and he become PM, what will happen...I dare not think.

May be a Duterte

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
May be a Duterte

Extrajudicial KILLINGS are always supported by me with both hands and legs.
Some criminals that I encounter when I was a young chap lurking and idling my time away makes me realise there are people who will never change. Put $10 on the table and its gone when the chap appears or walk past. Its an addiction.

You can agree, you can disagree. I said this from my personal experience of observing chaps who have been in and out of prisons 20-40 times. No joke.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
No more meaningful savings for day tripper.[/QUOTE

Even though Federal is broke, they shouldn't make such dumb method to collect quick revenue.
Average 10,000 SG cars daily, they may collect RM200,000 or RM6 million per month its seems
However, its truly a penny wise pound foolish decision.
Once the implementation starts, the 10,000 cars maybe be reduced significantly, shoppers will be reduced and the economy of JB will be adversely affected.
In turn, they will lose the GST collections from the SG shoppers and diners, shops will be doing slower businesses and some may even closed down.
Based on one dinner receipt for small family of say, RM200, GST @ RM12, plus other shopping...............so if this family decided not to come over to JB, they lose all the road toll and VEP plus the GST collection from their shopping and dining.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM20 per entry is still affordable for most Sinkies. Lately, the ¾ tank ruling is not so strictly imposed and I understand that many Sinkie drivers are taking this risk. I was told that even if caught, the fine is only S$50 and will be asked to go and fill up accordingly before going to JB.

kengheng23

Alfrescian
Loyal
that's mean we will have to pay double road charge(road charge and toll are the same)by using other name to collect monies.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
RM20 per entry is still affordable for most Sinkies. Lately, the ¾ tank ruling is not so strictly imposed and I understand that many Sinkie drivers are taking this risk. I was told that even if caught, the fine is only S$50 and will be asked to go and fill up accordingly before going to JB.

I just tio check 3 nights ago for your infor at 3am in tuas

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
No more meaningful savings for day tripper.[/QUOTE

Even though Federal is broke, they shouldn't make such dumb method to collect quick revenue.
Average 10,000 SG cars daily, they may collect RM200,000 or RM6 million per month its seems
However, its truly a penny wise pound foolish decision.
Once the implementation starts, the 10,000 cars maybe be reduced significantly, shoppers will be reduced and the economy of JB will be adversely affected.
In turn, they will lose the GST collections from the SG shoppers and diners, shops will be doing slower businesses and some may even closed down.
Based on one dinner receipt for small family of say, RM200, GST @ RM12, plus other shopping...............so if this family decided not to come over to JB, they lose all the road toll and VEP plus the GST collection from their shopping and dining.

The effect would be very minimal, the problem is, Singaporeans will continue to pay and go in, just look at ERP.

Lizzert

Alfrescian
Loyal
The effect would be very minimal, the problem is, Singaporeans will continue to pay and go in, just look at ERP.

Agree, I would gladly pay the S$6.66 to the Malaysian Govt..Get in and do the following:

One golf game, one Massage, and one fuck and the savings from doing the same three activities in SG
will be more than S$120.00 so its a no brainer...throw in other things like petrol, groceries and the savings
are even more... Here we pay more than that in daily ERP and get Fuck all.

Sweeve

Alfrescian
Loyal
hmm.... with more and more charges/increases on the horizon, i wonder how will this impact people's decision to shift to jb to live.. everytime in and out, $$ fly away..

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It will now cost sgd 25.5 for a return trip to johor. Bad news for those travelling in and out everyday but almost no impact for retirees or the occasional visitor.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreign private-registered vehicles entering Malaysia via Johor will be subjected to an RM20 (S$6.60) Road Charge ( RC ) from Nov 1, the Ministry of Transport (MOT) announced on Friday (Oct 28).
The ministry said the RC is not to be confused with the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP).

So, folk, this new RM20 implementing from 01 Nov is not the VEP yet, its just a new Road Charge but why can't they just say additional road toll?
The VEP is still "coming soon" and then implement after they had complete the issuing the RFID tag costing RM10 for all the "foreign cars" entering MY.

Immediately LTA responded :
On Friday evening, Singapore's Ministry of Transport issued a statement to say that it has "noted" Malaysia's plans. "If it discriminates against Singapore-registered vehicles, we will match it in some form," said a spokesperson.

The new implementation is in obviously "discriminates against Singapore-registered vehicles", so expect announcement soon from LTA on new Road Charge for MY plates entering SG.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...ign-vehicles-entering-johor-from/3243224.html