• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Up to S$13.9m in tolls under-collected by LTA: AGO
Posted 26 Jul 2016 12:15 Updated 26 Jul 2016 12:20

SINGAPORE: The Land Transport Authority (LTA) has "weak" control over the collection of tolls at the Woodlands and Tuas Checkpoints such that there could be potential loss of revenue, the Auditor-General's Office (AGO) said in its report for FY2015/16.

The AGO estimated that the under-collection could be about S$13.93 million for FY2014/15 or about 21.9 per cent of the total amount of toll collected for the financial year.

A site audit found that there was "no effective system at the immigration booths to ensure that vehicles were allowed to pass through only after the applicable fees were paid". While LTA did have certain measures in place to detect non-payment of fees, the AGO noted that these were ineffective as vehicles could still slip through without paying.

The Auditor-General said LTA has agreed that it needs to review controls and enforcement over revenue collection at both checkpoints and has told the AGO that it will enhance the system to address gaps in controls.

"UNDUE DELAY" IN FINALISATION OF AGREEMENT WITH CIRCLE LINE OPERATOR

Separately, the AGO also found that LTA has yet to enter into a Lease and Maintenance Agreement (LMA) on non-rail facilities and assets for the Circle Line (CCL) even though the operator - SMRT - had been granted more than six years ago. It was required to have entered into an LMA within 180 days of the effective date of the licence from May 2009.

The LMA contains information on the list of the land and stations handed over, the lease term, yearly rent and other payment requirements such as property tax.

"It is important for LTA to ensure that the agreement is promptly signed," said the AGO. "This will safeguard Government's interests in the use of resources handed over and enable effective enforcement of maintenance requirements and collection of related charges."

The AGO noted that as a result of this lapse, LTA had not recovered the property tax estimated to be S$960,000 from the operator for the CCL stations handed over.

LTA explained that the finalisation of the LMA was "interrupted by a number of events which resulted in negotiation between the parties having to be put on hold for some time and re-negotiations initiated based on new proposals", the AGO stated.

LTA has since signed the LMA with the Circle Line operator as of Apr 26 and recovered outstanding property tax of S$1.13 million in March, the AGO added.

- CNA/ly

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/up-to-s-13-9m-in-tolls/2987356.html

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Beware.....

attachment.php

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot see leh.

VEP should start anytime in Aug or Sep for sure. The trial has started and I have been using touch and go at the booth to activate the barrier up since last week. Looks ready to go.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot see leh.

VEP should start anytime in Aug or Sep for sure. The trial has started and I have been using touch and go at the booth to activate the barrier up since last week. Looks ready to go.

BEWARE

Well done officer !!!
Those who cut queue at Tuas entering Spore their passports were taken away.
Direct to turn back to Msia.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154328914417351&set=gm.971287259660164&type=3&theater

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
BEWARE

Well done officer !!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10154328914417351&set=gm.971287259660164&type=3&theater

Cowboy town can just take away people's passport.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
BEWARE

Well done officer !!!

See the signboard at the entry, it says very clearly "QUEQE ORDERLY VIOLATERS WILL BE PROSECUTED"
The officer probably took their passports to issue summons.........they have to drive to special lane later to collect passport and pay summon.
Anyway, good for those offenders, they need to remember that this is SINGAPORE, any how cut queue, you pay!

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cowboy town can just take away people's passport.

Talking about cowboy town, Malaysia is really becoming a cowboy town.
Just this half year alone, there were already about 14 fatal shooting cases, with the latest one today.
A man was shot dead in his car while stopping at a road junction by 2 gunmen in broad daylight

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just this half year alone, there were already about 14 fatal shooting cases, with the latest one today.
A man was shot dead in his car while stopping at a road junction by 2 gunmen in broad daylight

Yep and all these are conveniently not discussed and hushed up in these forums.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha I guess all of you aren't that familiar with Malaysia crimes.

To me, this is already a huge improvement from the past.

And please, those who were shot are always in disputes or gang related activities. If u are a poor chap sinkie like me, no one is going to kill u. They will rob you at best and leave you naked in Puteri Harbour hanging upside down at Sky Bar

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2015/12/03/458321777/a-tally-of-mass-shootings-in-the-u-s
The shooting in San Bernardino, Calif., was the 355th mass shooting in the U.S. so far this year — or more than one per day on average so far in 2015 — according to groups monitoring such attacks in recent years.

Feel much safer now?? Ah tiong lining up to get greencard in this cowboy country, not even emphasize on 治安...yet so double standard when get mm2h so concern about 治安,排华etc. Malaysia shoot unlucky ppl, US shoot unlucky police, know the difference.

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow trying to quiz us ? Give you a difficult answer to think about .
The main difference is JB protected by the biggest Canon in Iskardar, can talk down robbers also. :biggrin:

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow trying to quiz us ? Give you a difficult answer to think about .
The main difference is JB protected by the biggest Canon in Iskardar, can talk down robbers also. :biggrin:

Malaysian Police do not like to arrest robbers these days. Jails are waste of time.

SETAPAK 19/8/2016
Two Malaysian men, believed to be members of a gang, were shot dead by the police near the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM), Kepong, early this morning.
----
AMPANG, April 12 — Police shot dead three men believed to be Indonesians who were part of a notorious armed robbery gang that has been involved in more 26 robberies in Selangor, after a shoot-out at the abandoned Highland Tower this morning at 5am.
----
KAJANG, May 26 — Police shot dead four suspected robbers as they were walking along the Kajang Silk Highway near the Sungai Long toll plaza here early this morning.
----
Johore Baru. April 8- Three armed robbers were shot dead by police in Johor Bharu at about 6pm, Thursday.

Two of the robbers died at the scene in Jalan Permas Utara while another died on his way to the hospital, Johor police chief Datuk Wan Ahmad Najmudin Mohd said.
----
Bintulu, January 1 - BINTULU: Bintulu MP Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing praised the police for shooting dead four armed robbers near here early today (Jan 1) and urged them to step up measures to tackle crime in the constituency.

And so many many more cases............

rotikok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysian Police do not like to arrest robbers these days. Jails are waste of time.

SETAPAK 19/8/2016
Two Malaysian men, believed to be members of a gang, were shot dead by the police near the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia (FRIM), Kepong, early this morning.
----
AMPANG, April 12 — Police shot dead three men believed to be Indonesians who were part of a notorious armed robbery gang that has been involved in more 26 robberies in Selangor, after a shoot-out at the abandoned Highland Tower this morning at 5am.
----
KAJANG, May 26 — Police shot dead four suspected robbers as they were walking along the Kajang Silk Highway near the Sungai Long toll plaza here early this morning.
----
Johore Baru. April 8- Three armed robbers were shot dead by police in Johor Bharu at about 6pm, Thursday.

Two of the robbers died at the scene in Jalan Permas Utara while another died on his way to the hospital, Johor police chief Datuk Wan Ahmad Najmudin Mohd said.
----
Bintulu, January 1 - BINTULU: Bintulu MP Datuk Seri Tiong King Sing praised the police for shooting dead four armed robbers near here early today (Jan 1) and urged them to step up measures to tackle crime in the constituency.

And so many many more cases............

Ya lor, i also realised. Few confrontation with armed robbers, also all kena shoot mati and polices unharmed. How come ya...robber too noobs?

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya lor, i also realised. Few confrontation with armed robbers, also all kena shoot mati and polices unharmed. How come ya...robber too noobs?

Its no easy job really to be in this force in Malaysia. Its highly dangerous and they are grossly underpaid. These past few years the Malaysian police has improved tremendously ( 50% of my time is spent clocking in Malaysia / JB etc ) and I realise every 3 days I will meet one Patrol on the street in JB on average. During wee hours its like once every 1-2 nights. They are now everywhere. No wonder Nusajaya security has improved so much since I first make my purchase of my property. In Singapore its about once every 30-60 days that I will meet a police patrol. ( That's because Singapore sibei safe those PAP cronies will say )

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its no easy job really to be in this force in Malaysia. Its highly dangerous and they are grossly underpaid. These past few years the Malaysian police has improved tremendously ( 50% of my time is spent clocking in Malaysia / JB etc ) and I realise every 3 days I will meet one Patrol on the street in JB on average. During wee hours its like once every 1-2 nights. They are now everywhere. No wonder Nusajaya security has improved so much since I first make my purchase of my property. In Singapore its about once every 30-60 days that I will meet a police patrol. ( That's because Singapore sibei safe those PAP cronies will say )

The Home Minister aka Deputy Prime Minister is a very hard man. When he became the Home Minister 2 years ago, he made a remark to the police force "Shoot to Kill". That statement showed the hardliner character he is. When 200 Sulu intruders came over to Sabah, none of them went back. Then at one time there was a spate of killings on underworld kingpins, most of the hired killers were hunted and shot on sight. We all wonder when and if Najib resign and he become PM, what will happen...I dare not think.