• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

JB charging RM20 for foreign car visiting ? Is it confirm ?

ctsbh

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha.. looking forward to you father and kid incesting partners rebuking me and the ladyboy moderator banning me again.. CHEERS!!!!

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Proven this whole forum is full of self-serving people who "help" others to achieve their own goals only. I can't believe all who have visited this forum since yesterday 16 July have not driven into JB from Singapore. All who knows the RM20 VEP toll have been delayed again had choosen to keep quiet in the hope that others who have chosen to stay away from crossing to JB because of the expected tolls stay off longer from crossing so that the congestion will be lesser for them. Sad case this forum has gone down the drain this way.

Yah unlike me, live report on July 16, morning on the traffic condition and vep. Definitely not self-serving in any way.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err. RM 20 levy is just S$7 to me and it seriously did not cross my mind to inform anyone about it as we are all used to paying in Singapore. At 1205am I cross over for a spin into Melaka and U-turn back to Singapore around 2am . Even the custom passport stamper did not mention anything about it. Every year I enter Malaysia 400 times ( sometimes twice a day ) but seriously, the RM 20 did not even once cross my mind about bringing down trips into JB.

Proven this whole forum is full of self-serving people who "help" others to achieve their own goals only. I can't believe all who have visited this forum since yesterday 16 July have not driven into JB from Singapore. All who knows the RM20 VEP toll have been delayed again had choosen to keep quiet in the hope that others who have chosen to stay away from crossing to JB because of the expected tolls stay off longer from crossing so that the congestion will be lesser for them. Sad case this forum has gone down the drain this way.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err. RM 20 levy is just S$7 to me and it seriously did not cross my mind to inform anyone about it as we are all used to paying in Singapore. At 1205am I cross over for a spin into Melaka and U-turn back to Singapore around 2am . Even the custom passport stamper did not mention anything about it. Every year I enter Malaysia 400 times ( sometimes twice a day ) but seriously, the RM 20 did not even once cross my mind about bringing down trips into JB.
It will cross your mind if you have to count or track the RM notes to pay for it :biggrin:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Get off your high horse and ivory tower, the money means a lot to singkies and spr who travel back every day, it means commuting daily by S plate cars is now sgd 210 more per month.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, they have a choice ( like me ) whether to live in Chai Chee or Orchard Road or Bukit Indah etc. I choose to live in Chai Cheap but enjoy my life in Malaysia. Many people want to drive in air-con cars but whine about tolls or levys but what can you do besides complaining?

You cant control the tolls or levy. If u think its too much, don't drive. You have a choice to take train, buses, walk or swim like some blanglas. I used to walk in and out of the old kastam on Sunday 1am to save money and because there are no buses during that time.

No sweat.

Get off your high horse and ivory tower, the money means a lot to singkies and spr who travel back every day, it means commuting daily by S plate cars is now sgd 210 more per month.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, they have a choice ( like me ) whether to live in Chai Chee or Orchard Road or Bukit Indah etc. I choose to live in Chai Cheap but enjoy my life in Malaysia. Many people want to drive in air-con cars but whine about tolls or levys but what can you do besides complaining?

You cant control the tolls or levy. If u think its too much, don't drive. You have a choice to take train, buses, walk or swim like some blanglas. I used to walk in and out of the old kastam on Sunday 1am to save money and because there are no buses during that time.

No sweat.

You are entitled to your choice, but imagine someone who eats at an expensive restaurant and goes around telling everyone that it is cheap, sure would piss many people off.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I eat at expensive rest once a while and hawker centre 99% of the time.

I don't see why anyone should be pissed when I eat rest food. This is a fair world. I spend my money through sheer hard work, not cheating through DHL scams. If anyone is not happy with me using my own money to eat better food once or twice a year, he should just get a proper job instead of being jealous

You are entitled to your choice, but imagine someone who eats at an expensive restaurant and goes around telling everyone that it is cheap, sure would piss many people off.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I eat at expensive rest once a while and hawker centre 99% of the time.

I don't see why anyone should be pissed when I eat rest food. This is a fair world. I spend my money through sheer hard work, not cheating through DHL scams. If anyone is not happy with me using my own money to eat better food once or twice a year, he should just get a proper job instead of being jealous

Nobody would be jealous if you did not announce to the world that you had restaurant food and just be humble about it. Nothing to do with whether one can afford or not.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
err you mean after I dine at Din Tai Fund I can't post my food in FB? Say that to the millions of kids out there my friend. ( I dont have FB by the way )

Nobody would be jealous if you did not announce to the world that you had restaurant food and just be humble about it. Nothing to do with whether one can afford or not.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
err you mean after I dine at Din Tai Fund I can't post my food in FB? Say that to the millions of kids out there my friend. ( I dont have FB by the way )

It would be in bad taste to say the food is cheap in facebook, knowing that many would find it expensive, just like VEP. It would be really hitting some people in the pockets, although it may mean nothing to you, spare a thought.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well... I have to save by hopping to JB for makan. If there are people who wish to think that I am loaded then they must be stupid

It would be in bad taste to say the food is cheap in facebook, knowing that many would find it expensive, just like VEP. It would be really hitting some people in the pockets, although it may mean nothing to you, spare a thought.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I drove by the CIQ, I asked the immigration officer in when the VEP starting he said " sudah tangguh la, tak tahu bila start".
Now also no need to tap the cash card on A and B.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people think that the VEP would likely be scrapped after the process of its implementation faced “glitches” and missed several “dates".
The Transport Minister Liow today said: "Don’t listen to rumours. The government will implement VEP (but don't know and can't say when)"
So till now, the status is still "tak tahu bila start" and its now coming from the minister.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/minister-stresses-no-plans-to-scrap-vep

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some people think that the VEP would likely be scrapped after the process of its implementation faced “glitches” and missed several “dates".
The Transport Minister Liow today said: "Don’t listen to rumours. The government will implement VEP (but don't know and can't say when)"
So till now, the status is still "tak tahu bila start" and its now coming from the minister.

http://www.themalaymailonline.com/malaysia/article/minister-stresses-no-plans-to-scrap-vep

Singapore has threatened enhanced VEP as well on Malaysia vehicles if the VEP is really implemented. It is reasonable to assume that Malaysia is adopting a more cautious approach in view of this and the bilateral meeting last week.

VEP fees will be matched ‘in some form’ if they discriminate against Singapore vehicles

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...-they-discriminate-against-singapore-vehicles

HEAVIER PENALTIES AGAINST EVASION OF TOLLS AND FEES AT CHECKPOINTS

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=3f7cf60c-7cbf-4552-8fda-e61d2b8873dd

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has threatened enhanced VEP as well on Malaysia vehicles if the VEP is really implemented. It is reasonable to assume that Malaysia is adopting a more cautious approach in view of this and the bilateral meeting last week.

VEP fees will be matched ‘in some form’ if they discriminate against Singapore vehicles

http://www.todayonline.com/singapor...-they-discriminate-against-singapore-vehicles

HEAVIER PENALTIES AGAINST EVASION OF TOLLS AND FEES AT CHECKPOINTS

https://www.lta.gov.sg/apps/news/page.aspx?c=2&id=3f7cf60c-7cbf-4552-8fda-e61d2b8873dd

Isn't this hilarious?
Want to implement something without thinking, confirm a date then afraid people reciprocate and postpone?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
No plans to scrap VEP, tests to take 1 to 2 more months: Malaysia
Posted 25 Jul 2016 12:09 Updated 25 Jul 2016 12:10

JOHOR BARU: Malaysia said on Sunday (Jul 24) it has no plans to scrap the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP), which will be implemented after tests are run on the system for at least another one to two months.

Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said that there was no delay on the implementation of the VEP.

"Don't listen to rumours. The government will implement (VEP). Not only in Singapore but (our borders) in Thailand, Kalimantan and Brunei. We are not discriminating, all borders will have VEP.

"We will start with Singapore (registered vehicles) first and then move to others," he told reporters after attending the official opening ceremony of the Johor Port Authority new headquarters in Pasir Gudang.

Mr Liow’s comments come after news reports said the VEP may be scrapped following “glitches” and missed several dates it was supposed to be launched.

"It will take time to implement this as we want to ensure there will be no hiccups when we start it. If now, the trial only runs for 12 hours, we want to run it for 24 hours for at least another one or two months," he said.

The VEP, which was first proposed in 2006, was supposed to start with a charge of RM20 (S$6.70) for foreign vehicles entering Johor on Jul 16, but has been postponed four times.

- BERNAMA/xk

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/no-plans-to-scrap-vep/2984632.html

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
No plans to scrap VEP, tests to take 1 to 2 more months: Malaysia
Posted 25 Jul 2016 12:09 Updated 25 Jul 2016 12:10

JOHOR BARU: Malaysia said on Sunday (Jul 24) it has no plans to scrap the Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP), which will be implemented after tests are run on the system for at least another one to two months.

Transport Minister Liow Tiong Lai said that there was no delay on the implementation of the VEP.

"Don't listen to rumours. The government will implement (VEP). Not only in Singapore but (our borders) in Thailand, Kalimantan and Brunei. We are not discriminating, all borders will have VEP.

"We will start with Singapore (registered vehicles) first and then move to others," he told reporters after attending the official opening ceremony of the Johor Port Authority new headquarters in Pasir Gudang.

Mr Liow’s comments come after news reports said the VEP may be scrapped following “glitches” and missed several dates it was supposed to be launched.

"It will take time to implement this as we want to ensure there will be no hiccups when we start it. If now, the trial only runs for 12 hours, we want to run it for 24 hours for at least another one or two months," he said.

The VEP, which was first proposed in 2006, was supposed to start with a charge of RM20 (S$6.70) for foreign vehicles entering Johor on Jul 16, but has been postponed four times.

- BERNAMA/xk

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/no-plans-to-scrap-vep/2984632.html

No hiccups...yeah...*hic*...right....LOL!