• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anybody watched live EPL game in England before ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of doing it this lifetime, going to Old Trafford, Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Anfield to watch soccer live and feel the atmosphere.

CABcommander

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thinking of doing it this lifetime, going to Old Trafford, Emirates, Stamford Bridge and Anfield to watch soccer live and feel the atmosphere.

I went to White Hart Lane in Dec 2013 and saw my beloved Tottenham got trashed by Liverpool :( (5-0)

Atmosphere : Crowd singing loudly but mostly from Pool fans as Spurs fans too stunned like vegetable.

Players : They seemed to play better on TV than on 'live'. Just my thoughts.

Stadium quite small (36k capacity only) but was fullhouse that day.

Tickets bought from Stubhub (Buy online and collect on matchday from the ticket office). No chance we can buy direct from official website. Cost me about 100 pounds.

I will go again when the new stadium is completed. :smile:

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Went Old Trafford to watch Man U thrash Wigan 5-0 or 5-1, during a winter few years back, forgotten liao. The main difference is no instant replay, so gotta keep glued to the ball all the time. Atmosphere wise, really something, but was told that in England, best atmosphere is in Anfield and in Europe it is either at Galatasaray's home ground or Olympiacos's home ground, where fans are really crazy. Recently applied for tickets for next year's Euros Championship in France, hope can get tikum for it.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros, how much does a non-season ticket cost ?

Same price for every match in PL ? Price for CL higher ?

Surely there are going to be many games where the stadium is not full.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you feel adventurous, go to a game where both sets of fans hate each other e.g. Arsenal vs Tottenham, wear the shirt of either team and sit with the fans of the rival team. :biggrin:

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the top clubs, it's difficult to get one off tickets as most are all-ticket matches for the big games.

If you really want to watch, perhaps negotiate with the ticket touts outside the stadium before the game.
Speaking from personal experience, Old Trafford (Stretford End) and Anfield (The Kop) have the best atmosphere...better then any NTUC Fairprice S-League game.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I went to White Hart Lane in Dec 2013 and saw my beloved Tottenham got trashed by Liverpool :( (5-0)

Atmosphere : Crowd singing loudly but mostly from Pool fans as Spurs fans too stunned like vegetable.

Tickets bought from Stubhub (Buy online and collect on matchday from the ticket office). No chance we can buy direct from official website. Cost me about 100 pounds.

Aside from Wembley, The Emirates is the best stadium in London. I was quite impressed.

RobertZieler

Alfrescian
Loyal

Do it fast before Hurri-Kane gets sold to big clubs :rolleyes::biggrin: