• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore retail graveyard

canonfairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
the old national library and small foodstall outside selling drinks and noodles..quick lunch for those working around stamford road

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
..only the Capitol one, rarely the Cold Storage Orchard Road....just salivating thinking of their Milk Shake....yummy!! ...forgot, what I ate, blimey!
Sauntered to car park hawker stalls then? Only spot for cheap date's dinner (apart from Koek road daytime). :p

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Beethoven Music was at Emerald Hill (currently Taka Jewellery) before moving to Centrepoint.

The other record shops in Orchard before the era of Tower/HMV and Grammophone were Sing Disc Sound (Raffles City, Lucky Plaza and a basement corner within CK Tang), Supreme Records (Plaza Sing and Centrepoint), Song Ching/Yi Ching at Wisma, and one at Orchard Emerald which I have forgotten the name.

In the early 90s, the all time fav was Hi Fi Corner in Adelphi, with its weekly Saturday Straits Times Classfified Column attacking its rival, Sembawang Music, free "coffee or tea Sir?", large trying before you buy corner with 20 CD players and young attractive promoters/cashiers. I wonder what happened to the HKies owners (Joe) after it closed down.

Kong Sia, basement, Colombo Court & Cortina Shopping Centre 1st floor, around that same are, we have Da Da Record shop indirectly facing the fire station, & Cosdell at the small shopping mall, owned by SPH now Paragon.