• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

41 year old auntie signs on to saf, passed bmt and is headed to ocs

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
When 41 year old Goh Mei Lan made a mid-career switch, she chose the most uncanny of careers to join. She decided to sign on with the army to become a Miitary Expert (ME) 4 Army Engineer.

When asked what made her decide to join the army, she said that the lack of growth opportunities in her previous sales position led her to flip through the papers, where she chanced upon a Singapore Armed Forces recruitment advertisement for women.

She went to the fair without her son and husband's knowledge, and decided to sign on there and then.

"I didn't even tell my husband and son about it; I just sneaked off when my son was having lessons, and headed to Suntec to have a look. I wanted to find out if they had anything for a woman who was in her late 30s," says Goh.

With a degree in Mechanical Engineering, she was recommended to sign on in the Military Domain Expert Scheme as an Army Engineer. ME schemed personnel can enjoy a career up to age 60.

With her husband's blessings, she enlisted into BMT on 6th February. But the initially training was gruelling for the 41 year-old, who had to train with girls nearly half her age.

"The physical training and culture was not something I expected, so it was a huge struggle. I kept thinking to myself, 'Can I really do it?" Goh related.

By the end of her training, Goh achieved Gold in all three rounds of her Individual Physical Proficiency Test. She also earned the respect of her peers and superiors and will be moving onto her next challenge: Officer Cadet School.

- More at AllSingaporeStuff.com http://www.allsingaporestuff.com/node/6314
FB: http://fb.com/allsgstuff

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something is wrong:o Which mother would choose not to stay by the side of her young child.........:confused:

Jobs for FTs and new shitizens, army for sinkies........really:(

When 41 year old Goh Mei Lan made a mid-career switch, ................. I just sneaked off when my son was having lessons,...............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Is this a SAF recruitment ad? Possibly with an embedded feminist message of 'female empowerment'. :rolleyes:

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
we r going to job fair sign on now...:biggrin::biggrin:

WP_20130210_020.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Purple Light (Lao Auntie Version)

Booking out
To see my husband
Saw him with
another girl
Kill the girl
Rape my husband
With my rifle and my buddy and me....

:eek:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the future military will need more video gamers as weapon systems are getting more semi-robotic and remotely controlled. if wendy plays pc games, she is a candidate. good money for having fun with the joystick.

image.jpg

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the future military will need more video gamers as weapon systems are getting more semi-robotic and remotely controlled. if wendy plays pc games, she is a candidate. good money for having fun with the joystick.

Great. No chance of this shit happening then ..........

10704071_10152817985250522_1099163325068260663_n.jpg

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aya nowadays army is the best option at least enjoy a job till 60, free food, clothes and accommodation, no retrenchment, just perform well and you will have guaranteed rice bowl. Easy way out.

only losers think like that.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
heres a list of songs she could be singing in the army.

[video=youtube;PmILOL55xP0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmILOL55xP0[/video]

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yep, I think she is a loser, dare not face true competition, hide in civil service.

if u have been living in singapore for the past 10 years and look at the state singapore is in now,and the job market prospects,i think its a good thing to be a loser.hunker down,save as much as you can and gtfo of this country before it all goes to hell.things are going to get much much worse for the man on the street.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
if u have been living in singapore for the past 10 years and look at the state singapore is in now,and the job market prospects,i think its a good thing to be a loser.hunker down,save as much as you can and gtfo of this country before it all goes to hell.things are going to get much much worse for the man on the street.

True but if everyone thinks this way, the country cannot progress anymore. Singapore needs people with gumption and risk taking.