• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

simi lanjiao cheebye fish is this ?

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
if this is not a lanjiao cheebye fish... then i really donno what is a lanjiao cheebye fish :biggrin:

actually the name is call lamprey fish...short for lampar pwey? :biggrin:

sea-lamprey-mouths-ottawa-credit-t-lawrence-glfc.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wikipedia

300px-Sea_Lamprey_fish.jpg

Lampreys attached to a lake trout

As pests

Sea lampreys have become a major pest in the North American Great Lakes after artificial canals allowed their entry during the early 20th century. They are considered an invasive species, have no natural enemies in the lakes, and prey on many species of commercial value, such as lake trout. Lampreys are now found mostly in the streams that feed the lakes, and controlled with special barriers to prevent the upstream movement of adults, or by the application of toxicants called lampricides, which are harmless to most other aquatic species. However, those programs are complicated and expensive, and do not eradicate the lampreys from the lakes, but merely keep them in check. New programs are being developed, including the use of chemically sterilized male lampreys in a method akin to the sterile insect technique. Research currently under way on the use of pheromones and how they may be used to disrupt the lifecycle has met with some success.[40][41] Control of Sea lampreys in the Great Lakes is conducted by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and the Canadian Department of Fisheries and Oceans. The work is coordinated by the Great Lakes Fishery Commission.

Lake Champlain, bordered by New York, Vermont, and Quebec, and New York's Finger Lakes are also home to high populations of sea lampreys that warrant control. Lake Champlain's lamprey control program is managed by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation, the Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife, and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. New York's Finger Lakes sea lamprey control program is managed solely by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.​

[video=youtube;EqskoRWMXbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqskoRWMXbA[/video]

Hmm... why does this remain me on PAP's opening of the floodgate to foreigners :p

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ho jiak bo?

Wikipedia

Portuguese_Lamprey_rice.jpg

Portuguese lamprey rice

As food

Lampreys have long been used as food for humans. They were highly appreciated by ancient Romans. During the Middle Ages, they were widely eaten by the upper classes throughout Europe, especially during fasting periods, since their taste is much meatier than that of most other fish. King Henry I of England is said to have died from eating "a surfeit of lampreys."[36]

On 4 March 1953, Queen Elizabeth II's coronation pie was made by the Royal Air Force using lampreys.[37]

Especially in southwestern Europe (Portugal, Spain, and France), and in the northern half in Finland, larger lampreys are still a highly prized delicacy. Sea lamprey is the most sought species in Portugal and one of only two that can legally bear the commercial name "lamprey" (lampreia): the other one being Lampetra fluviatilis, the European river lamprey, both according to Portaria (Government regulation no. 587/2006, from 22 June). Overfishing has reduced their number in those parts. Lampreys are also consumed in Sweden, Finland, Russia, New Zealand, the Baltic countries, Japan, and South Korea.

The mucus and serum of several lamprey species, including the Caspian lamprey (Caspiomyzon wagneri), river lampreys (Lampetra fluviatilis and L. planeri), and sea lamprey (Petromyzon marinus), are known to be toxic, and require thorough cleaning before cooking and consumption.[38][39]

In Britain, lampreys are commonly used as bait, normally as dead bait. Northern pike, perch, and chub all can be caught on lampreys. Frozen lampreys can be bought from most bait and tackle shops.​

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Portuguese_Lamprey_rice.jpg

If I were the king of England and some goons put this plate on my dining table I will have their heads together with 3 generations before and after them chopped off mercilessly :mad::mad:

aerobwala

Alfrescian
Loyal
Must be very ho jiak, King Henry I died from eating too much of it.

"There Henry fell ill – according to the chronicler Henry of Huntingdon, he ate an excessive number of lampreys against his physician's advice – and his condition worsened over the course of a week."

"七目鳗亦是一种美食,欧洲的上流社会从中世纪开始就视其为珍馐。文献记载英格兰国王亨利一世爱吃七目鳗,结果有一次在诺曼底吃了太多的七目鳗后死去。直到今天,在南欧的一些国家(法国、西班牙、葡萄牙等)包括东亚的韩国等,七目鳗仍然是一道昂贵的名菜。"