• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anybody flown United Airlines before?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh I forgot to mention that if frequent flyer points is important to you, United is more generous than SIA. I remember a colleague complaining about SIA VS United :smile:

Asian airlines and even European are not generous with frequent flyer miles. The North American airlines were but have started to cut back to. Now, the miles are tied to the price of your ticket. But overall, still better than Asian airlines.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Some are complaining that only auntie stewardesses fly with angmo airlines. Keep in mind that the angmo countries workers have rights unlike in airlines like SIA, where air stewardess are grounded once they get too old. I think it is when they reach 30?

Older stewardesses also have seniority & prefer the international flights because it satisfies the number of flight hours before they have a break.

I flew on a flight where the longest serving flight attendant was working, she was in her eighties and doing her job well. That flight was from ORD-PVG. She does this flight 3 times a month.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Ps. For Sinkies, you can page the United stewardess many times for water, coke, etc, the United stewardess will still be nice. If you page the SQ stewardess many times, it is hard to predict how the SQ stewardess will react." You must really be joking.

Most pax in North America do not call the cabin crew for help ...if they want something, they walk to the pantry to ask.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've flown United before crossing the Pacific Ocean to the USA and within the US on domestic flights. Nothing to be excited about as their flight stewardesses are usually the middle aged and senior citizen type.

SIA is the best if you want to be served by young and attractive stewardesses.

Korean Airlines the best.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi, just checking if any SBF bros here have tried flying nonstop from SIN to the US west coast.

If yes, please share your review/experience here. Thanks :smile:

I am sorry, I think my earlier post (shown in quotes above) was not clear enough.

If you, or if you know someone who has tried this nonstop direct flight before, please share your review/experience here. I am keen to know more.

United Airlines has commenced direct services on the San Francisco-Singapore route using Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ingapore-and-san-francisco-by-united-airlines.

SINGAPORE - The first non-stop flight between Singapore and San Francisco took off from Changi Airport on Friday (June 3), with travellers set to save up to four hours of travel time under the new United Airlines service.

The new ultra-long-haul flight - a 15 1/2- to 16-hour journey - is operated with the airline's Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. At 13,592km, it is the longest commercial B-787 flight by any airline.

It is also the only non-stop service from Singapore to the United States at present.

United Airlines' Singapore-San Francisco flight will depart from Changi Airport at 8.45am daily, arriving at San Francisco International Airport at 9.15am (local time) the same day.

The westbound flight leaves San Francisco at 11.25pm daily, arriving in Singapore at 6.45 am two days later.

The American carrier said in a statement that customers can save up to four hours of journey time each way between the two cities, as compared to other flights operating with connections.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Avoid flying with Mainlanders, the country bumpkins type for it is unworthy to die at their expense when they open the airplane doors in mid flight. :biggrin:

I can vouch for this & had said this many times before or to anyone within earshot of my experience with a plane load of PRC's...from BKK to SIN...other than 3 of us, the plane was full of PRC's on some kind of tour from BKK-SIN on Air Asia....they were noisy, ill behave..have you seen adults clambering all over the seats?....luckily they didi't open the doors....the Ang Moh sitting next to me gave up the kind of " are you one them look"...I told him, I am not from PRC...refrain from saying Singapore...ha ha ha...

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortunately the company I worked with allowed one to clear one's leave while travelling on company business. Some companies don't allow this.

If your company allows this, there is another advantage to flying with United. United allows one to make stop overs free of charge anywhere within their network they fly in the US & Canada. So on trips to the US I was able to take side trips to Canada without being charged extra.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Asian airlines and even European are not generous with frequent flyer miles. The North American airlines were but have started to cut back to. Now, the miles are tied to the price of your ticket. But overall, still better than Asian airlines.

Back when I was using United the company was paying for business class so $ wasn't a problem.

However if I am paying for my own tix I would choose EVA Air because they offer "Premium Economy" which provides extra leg room. I'm willing to pay more for the extra leg room because the flight to the US is so long.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some ang mo auntie attendants are still very attractive and horny. one gave me 2 bottles of french wine to keep and asked me where i was putting up at the next stopover. she confessed that she hated to sleep alone. very lonely job for long flights as they don't usually fly with familiar crew. and they know they are competing with younger prettier asian crew for occasional and highly selective one night stands. that was when i was a young stud still with healthy skin, teeth and hair. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Do you mean your hair has become "unhealthy" (I wasn't aware that hair can become unhealthy, as long as it's washed everyday)? :confused:
Or are you balding? :p

instead of going bald with age, it has turned the other way. it grows longer and faster by the day but becumming silvery platinum. shocking! :eek:

image.jpg

sabasaba

Alfrescian
Loyal
UA angmo pilot most responsible I have ever seen. Got one time the flight computer kaput he refused to take off until HK airport provided a new computer to be installed. We landed safely in our destination. If not the plane could have crashed. Nearly wanted to shake the pilot's hand when on the ground, but paiseh didn't. Regretted it. If you see him again please shake his hands for me. Kumsiah!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sorry, I think my earlier post (shown in quotes above) was not clear enough.

If you, or if you know someone who has tried this nonstop direct flight before, please share your review/experience here. I am keen to know more.

United Airlines has commenced direct services on the San Francisco-Singapore route using Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner aircraft.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...ingapore-and-san-francisco-by-united-airlines.

SINGAPORE - The first non-stop flight between Singapore and San Francisco took off from Changi Airport on Friday (June 3), with travellers set to save up to four hours of travel time under the new United Airlines service.

The new ultra-long-haul flight - a 15 1/2- to 16-hour journey - is operated with the airline's Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner. At 13,592km, it is the longest commercial B-787 flight by any airline.

It is also the only non-stop service from Singapore to the United States at present.

United Airlines' Singapore-San Francisco flight will depart from Changi Airport at 8.45am daily, arriving at San Francisco International Airport at 9.15am (local time) the same day.

The westbound flight leaves San Francisco at 11.25pm daily, arriving in Singapore at 6.45 am two days later.

The American carrier said in a statement that customers can save up to four hours of journey time each way between the two cities, as compared to other flights operating with connections.

I have a friend that took this flight, but on the return leg from sfo to Singapore.
Feedback was nothing much to shut about, food was terrible, services so so. Legroom slightly better than sq.

I used to take the direct flight from Singapore to Newark operated by SQ. I recall more than 18 hours, while it does save on time, it's a tad too long. Breaking up the journey via stopover is better, I felt as it allows for leg stretching and walking and also eat foods available at the lounges or airport.

Definitely better than those pre prepared food one have on board.
Used to look foward to the stopover as can also go smoking session.........

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can vouch for this & had said this many times before or to anyone within earshot of my experience with a plane load of PRC's...from BKK to SIN...other than 3 of us, the plane was full of PRC's on some kind of tour from BKK-SIN on Air Asia....they were noisy, ill behave..have you seen adults clambering all over the seats?....luckily they didi't open the doors....the Ang Moh sitting next to me gave up the kind of " are you one them look"...I told him, I am not from PRC...refrain from saying Singapore...ha ha ha...

That's why it is safer to fly angmo planes. The angmo stewardess will not put up with the nonsense from the Ah Tiongs. And if the latter don't listen, the stewardess will report them to the authorities. So, don't play, play with the stewardess on US airlines.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
some ang mo auntie attendants are still very attractive and horny. one gave me 2 bottles of french wine to keep and asked me where i was putting up at the next stopover. she confessed that she hated to sleep alone. very lonely job for long flights as they don't usually fly with familiar crew. and they know they are competing with younger prettier asian crew for occasional and highly selective one night stands. that was when i was a young stud still with healthy skin, teeth and hair. :biggrin:

And ??????