• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ardubor cheeken nut happy cumplain indomee cheeting bolleyball player is katoey

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://sg.sports.yahoo.com/news/ge...lleyball-player-sea-games-080037491--spt.html

but everybody heck care them :biggrin:

Gender test rejected for SEA Games volleyballer

AFP News
AFP News – 15 hours ago
Share47
Print
Rachel Anne Daquis of Philippines (R) hits a smash past Retno Tri Lutfi (C) and Maya IndriSari (L) of Indonesia in the women's volleyball preliminary match during the 28th Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Singapore on June 10, 2015. AFP PHOTO / MANAN VATSYAYANA
AFP News - Rachel Anne Daquis of Philippines (R) hits a smash past Retno Tri Lutfi (C) and Maya IndriSari (L) of Indonesia in the women's volleyball preliminary match during the 28th Southeast Asian Games (SEA …more
SEA Games organisers turned down a request to gender-test an Indonesian women's volleyball player on Wednesday as she faced down boos on the court and defiantly said she was ready to undergo scrutiny.
Organising committee SINGSOC said the Philippines' plea over Aprilia Manganang, 23, had been rejected after a review of medical documents.
"The Southeast Asian Games Federation medical committee (has) reviewed the documents submitted by the Indonesian volleyball team and... the appeal has since been rejected," a statement said.
The Philippines risked opening a long and complex process with its request on the eve of the volleyball tournament at the Southeast Asian (SEA) Games in Singapore.
Indonesia wins volleyball opener against ...

Philippines women volleyball players get in a huddle before the start of their women's volleyball preliminary match against Indonesia during the 28th Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Singapore on ... more
Share to FacebookShare to TwitterShare to Pinterest
ClosePrevious imageNext imageManganang has previously faced questions over her gender and despite booing from Filipino fans, she appeared unfazed as Indonesia beat the Philippines 25-22, 25-20, 25-14 in their Pool B opener.
Afterwards she said she had undergone gender examinations "a lot of times", both in her former career as a sprinter and in volleyball, and wasn't afraid of being tested again.
"I am ready (for a gender test). I am also not in the wrong -- whatever I have is given from above," Manganang said in Bahasa.
"If I am the one who is in the wrong then I will withdraw, but this is not the case and I am not afraid."
- 'It spurred me on' -
Gender testing is controversial because of the psychological effects on the athlete and because the science of the process is complex.
But Manganang said with a resigned smile: "There has been a lot of times and I am used to it already.
"Firstly, it hurts my personal pride but maybe people (make assumptions based on) my appearance and demeanour. But whatever inspection they want, I will do it.
"Before leaving for Singapore, (I knew) there must be a few countries who will protest but I was already mentally prepared.
"Whatever happens, I am ready because I know the people behind me will always support me."
Indonesia's team manager Hanny Sidik Surkatty said the Philippines' request was "out of line" and based on nothing more than Manganang's appearance.
"If you ask me, this is out of line, it’s baseless. I can also say to the other team: 'Six of your players are also transgender... according to my eyes they are transgender," he said.
Philippines volleyball chief Ricky Palou said he was told the appeal had failed just before the start of Wednesday's game.
"Yes, we accept the decision," he said. "There was some questions on the gender so we just wanted to make sure and they finally got in touch... and she's been approved to play."
Other high-profile cases include South African runner Caster Semenya, who underwent a series of humiliating tests before being cleared to compete.
Indian sprinter Dutee Chand is currently fighting her ban after being diagnosed with hyperandrogenism, which causes high testosterone levels.
Manganang insisted she "wasn’t that affected" by the row, despite boos which rang out when she was involved in crucial moments of the match.
"It actually gave me more spirit (to play)," she said, adding: "It became a motivation for me that I shouldn’t give up.
"I have to keep moving forward because behind me there are a lot of people supporting me. It spurred me on to prove them that I am not in the wrong."

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Omg she does look like a man

1138.jpg

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
In this day and age of equality and gender neutrality, why are sports teams split into 2 genders in the first place?

All sports teams should be made up of the best PEOPLE available regardless of their chromosomes.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In this day and age of equality and gender neutrality, why are sports teams split into 2 genders in the first place?

Ideally, sports should be gender neutral. In reality, even after accounting for unequal gender rights and opportunities, the average gap in performance between men and women is still very wide, mainly due to physiognomic and physiological differences.

If we didn't have gender-specific contests, hardly any women would be seen in sport, save for those where physical attributes don't count for a lot, e.g. archery, shooting, diving, chess, rhythmic gymnastics.

You can't pit a chihuahua against a greyhound in a 525-yard race.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that is the case, the sinkie rugby team should never play the All Blacks.

The physical gap between Sinkies and the Kiwis is significant, but still much smaller than that between the average male and female. If the physical difference is small enough, smaller teams may still have a fighting chance if they focus on other attributes like speed and agility, e.g. the Japs in football, the Koreans in handball, the South Asians in hockey, Michael Chang, Liu Xiang, Yao Ming, etc.

Anyway, with better nutrition Asians are catching up with Caucasians in size. With their faster reflexes, arguably superior mental strength, and greater agility, they're actually doing better than the Westerners in some sports, e.g. female Korean golfers on the LPGA.

As for the physical gender gap, it's still too wide at the moment.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If that is the case, the sinkie rugby team should never play the All Blacks.

I watch rugby chum!....use to watch matches on the Padang after work in the past, & on telly...don't insult the rugby watching people, sinkie rugby team vs ALL BLACKS....Tonga, Fiji etc...they can't even play against...ALL BLACKS...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I watch rugby chum!....use to watch matches on the Padang after work in the past, & on telly...don't insult the rugby watching people, sinkie rugby team vs ALL BLACKS....Tonga, Fiji etc...they can't even play against...ALL BLACKS...

I actually watched a rugby sevens game between Singapore and NZ. The score reached triple digits in less than 10 minutes.

The Kiwis backed off after that and allowed Singapore one try.

3 sinkies were stretchered off after being tackled just once. They went down and stayed down and it was a perfectly legal tackle.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I actually watched a rugby sevens game between Singapore and NZ. The score reached triple digits in less than 10 minutes.

The Kiwis backed off after that and allowed Singapore one try.

3 sinkies were stretchered off after being tackled just once. They went down and stayed down and it was a perfectly legal tackle.

Only morons watch rugby.