• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you pump petrol in Malaysia? BMW - Malaysia's B10 could severely damage engines

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia to implement B10 biodiesel mandate by October
http://www.thestar.com.my/Business/...t-B10-biodiesel-mandate-by-October/?style=biz

but according to BMW Malaysia: B10 could severely damage engines
http://www.theedgemarkets.com/my/article/bmw-malaysia-b10-could-severely-damage-engines-0
In a statement, BMW Malaysia managing director and chief executive officer (CEO) Alan Harris said the group’s tests with the B10 biodiesel found that the B10 causes “oil sludge” and “reduced lubricity”, “with the risk of severe engine damage” to vehicles.

“In our tests with B10 biodiesel worldwide, we have found technical challenges present when blending 10% of palm-based methyl ester with the current conventional fuel.

“Testing on vehicles have found that Fatty-Acid Methyl Ester (Fame), which boils at high temperatures, will move into the motor oil due to the regeneration setting, resulting in [the] thinning of the motor oil as it does not evaporate when the engine runs at high temperatures,” he added.

Further, Harris said the group’s tests revealed that the B10 blend of biodiesel results in higher levels of water in the fuel, which leads to corrosion of vehicle components that transport the fuel. This promotes oxidation in the fuel tank, subsequently causing a blocked fuel filter, he added.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Do you pump petrol in Malaysia? BMW - Malaysia's B10 could severely damage engine

Yes, don't believe the use of corrosion inhibitor to protect the fuel system. BS!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Do you pump petrol in Malaysia? BMW - Malaysia's B10 could severely damage engine

Even jb petrol was well known to contain higher sulphur content.
Petrol warriors take note

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal

New engines can support B10 lah!

My old jap car already 10 years old can support B10!

Luxuries BM cannot?

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal

B10 works perfectly with the Proton I used at my Malacca home. Dun know about bmw. Cannot afford one.

MadrigalWheel

Alfrescian
Loyal

All post 2012 BMW's support either a max of B5 or E10, it says so on the label behind the fuel flap, perhaps due to the higher cetane and octane ratings required by their new gen turbo engines.

Although I highly suspect that the label is a blatant attempt to support the oil majors and discourage the use of renewables.