• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

B Kauksikan insults WP MP and a PhD student fucker!!!

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/op...ry/foreign-policy-no-laughing-matter-20150608

Foreign policy, too, will inevitably be drawn into domestic politics. The first signs are clear but not promising. In 2013, for example, an opposition MP who should have known better than to play with fire asked a question about Singapore's Middle East policies that could have stirred up the feelings of our Malay-Muslim ground against the Government. Fortunately, the Foreign Minister could easily demonstrate that the Government had been consistently even-handed in its relations with Israel and Palestine and that the Arab countries understood our position and had no issue with Singapore.

(KNN CCB you idiot!! What's wrong with the WP asking that question? And you are so scared not naming the MP? Fucking mouse!!!)

More recently, I was flabbergasted when a Singaporean PhD candidate in political science in a local university asked me why Singapore could not pursue a foreign policy like that of Denmark or Switzerland.

It was quite a struggle to remain calm and reply blandly that it is because Singapore is in South-east Asia, not Europe, and the circumstances of these regions are obviously different.

If a PhD candidate could ask such a silly question, I shudder to think what the average Singaporean understands of our circumstances. I

(Fucker!! It's you who are silly!!!! What CCB Degree do you have?)

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like to tell the British government to apologize to my grandmother which the British as governor of Singapore encourage opium smoking and she was addicted to opium. $2 a smoke was not cheap back in 1960.

Such atrocities against non-white British Subjects to smoke opium was against human right and dignity. How much did the British government made as drug lord/ dealers/ traffickers...?

Will I stir big political shits on to foreign matters against evil British?

New Markets
As China tightened her borders, Britain pinned her hopes on her other Asian colonies. Opium production in the Straits Settlements (Singapore, Penang, Malacca, Labuan) rose from 353,938 pounds in 1916 to 370,688 pounds in 1920, in spite of Britain’s promise at the Hague Convention to limit opium sales. In 1918, 60% of Britain’s Asian income was derived from opium sales. In 1925, opium accounted for 48% of Singapore’s revenue, and 100% of North Borneo’s. At the 1923 Opium Conference, Mr. Campbell admitted that the British Indian government was determined to maintain high levels of both internal consumption and export, and that they,

“controlled the production, distribution, sale, possession – every possible practical question which could arise in connection with opium—in the strictest possible manner—They had built up a complicated and highly efficient administrative system which started from the time the poppy seed was put into the ground, and did not relinquish control of the drug until it was in the hands of the consumers, or till it was actually exported.”

Some wits noted wryly that the Crown did all but light the addicts’ pipes.

http://www.amoymagic.com/OpiumWar.htm

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mr Kausikan has proven himself to be a reactionary PAPzi tool. Just look at his cleverer than thou pontificating after LKY's death, and my point becomes clear. He's probably gunning for the status of Tommy Koh or Lee Khoon Choy.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Kausikan has proven himself to be a reactionary PAPzi tool. Just look at his cleverer than thou pontificating after LKY's death, and my point becomes clear. He's probably gunning for the status of Tommy Koh or Lee Khoon Choy.

but even Tommy Koh has criticised the PAP.

Who is Lee KHoon Choy?

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/op...ry/foreign-policy-no-laughing-matter-20150608

Foreign policy, too, will inevitably be drawn into domestic politics. The first signs are clear but not promising. In 2013, for example, an opposition MP who should have known better than to play with fire asked a question about Singapore's Middle East policies that could have stirred up the feelings of our Malay-Muslim ground against the Government. Fortunately, the Foreign Minister could easily demonstrate that the Government had been consistently even-handed in its relations with Israel and Palestine and that the Arab countries understood our position and had no issue with Singapore.

(KNN CCB you idiot!! What's wrong with the WP asking that question? And you are so scared not naming the MP? Fucking mouse!!!)

More recently, I was flabbergasted when a Singaporean PhD candidate in political science in a local university asked me why Singapore could not pursue a foreign policy like that of Denmark or Switzerland.

It was quite a struggle to remain calm and reply blandly that it is because Singapore is in South-east Asia, not Europe, and the circumstances of these regions are obviously different.

If a PhD candidate could ask such a silly question, I shudder to think what the average Singaporean understands of our circumstances. I

oh yeah? arabs will never buy our Bionix tank and APC due to jewish content

Gotze

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What's the race?

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
- http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-rare-meet-israeli-saudi-officials-name-iran-as-common-foe/

Just because the Saudis claim they dont recognise Israel does not mean they don't talk.

Qatar has an Israeli trade representative office in Doha. Egypt and Jordan exchange intelligence with Israel as part of their peace treaties as well. There are so many layers of deception and counter- deception. Only the naive and gullible believe the rhetoric of Arab governments with regards to Israel.

Btw Aramco are already using refinery facilities in Singapore and have been doing so for along time.

Pritam is a textbook academic with new real appreciation for ME politics - always annoying when local academics comment on a region which is so complexed and relationships constantly shifting - BK is correct: Singapore does have an even handed approach to both the Palestinians and Israelis (although the Israelis have not been as kind - ask Zainul Abiddin about his last ever trip there).

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
- http://www.timesofisrael.com/in-rare-meet-israeli-saudi-officials-name-iran-as-common-foe/

Just because the Saudis claim they dont recognise Israel does not mean they don't talk.

Qatar has an Israeli trade representative office in Doha. Egypt and Jordan exchange intelligence with Israel as part of their peace treaties as well. There are so many layers of deception and counter- deception. Only the naive and gullible believe the rhetoric of Arab governments with regards to Israel.

Btw Aramco are already using refinery facilities in Singapore and have been doing so for along time.

Pritam is a textbook academic with new real appreciation for ME politics - always annoying when local academics comment on a region which is so complexed and relationships constantly shifting - BK is correct: Singapore does have an even handed approach to both the Palestinians and Israelis (although the Israelis have not been as kind - ask Zainul Abiddin about his last ever trip there).

Kausikan shows no respect to others.

gatehousethetinkertailor

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kausikan knows more about foreign politics than you - if you find dealing with grassroots leaders a pain in the as at the local RC try manoeuvring international policy - he has a very blunt patronising way about him but he is much more aware and involved than self-appointed internet ambassadors at large.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kausikan knows more about foreign politics than you - if you find dealing with grassroots leaders a pain in the as at the local RC try manoeuvring international policy - he has a very blunt patronising way about him but he is much more aware and involved than self-appointed internet ambassadors at large.

Kiasu knows nothing about democracy despite his apparent knowledge on foreign politics. How can he not know that there is no off-limit question in Parliament?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The WP should whack this elite hard ...teach this idiot the role of an MP. There is no questions that is out of bound in Parliament as long as the government has a hand in it.