• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

When you send Whatsapp invitation to a friend, does your number show up ?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
on your friend's phone ?

I'm referring to Samsung Android devices where your friends' numbers are already on your Contact List. Whatsapp will prompt you "Invite Your Friend", so when you click on the button, are you sending the invitation via SMS or some online message ?

Then the question is, does your number show up on your friend's phone when he receives the message ? Or will it appear as a message from Whatsapp instead ?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That person needs your phone number in order add you to his contacts. So yes your number will be made known.
If you dun want to share number then LINE is the app you need

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That person needs your phone number in order add you to his contacts. So yes your number will be made known.
If you dun want to share number then LINE is the app you need

I've tried whatsapp on an iPad & there is a feature to show who is nearby. When I tried this feature, I find people I don't know appearing.

If I connect with this people, will I be revealing my telephone number:confused:
It would be interesting to chat with the locals but not at the cost of revealing my tel no:o

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've tried whatsapp on an iPad & there is a feature to show who is nearby. When I tried this feature, I find people I don't know appearing.

If I connect with this people, will I be revealing my telephone number:confused:
It would be interesting to chat with the locals but not at the cost of revealing my tel no:o

You wanna chat up someone without revealing your number? hmmm.. :confused::confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You wanna chat up someone without revealing your number? hmmm.. :confused::confused:

Only get a chance to play around with whatsapp when I'm travelling. It would be interesting to communicate with the "locals" as I am a stranger in a strange land.

I read somewhere that some people are using it to find company for the night:smile:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only get a chance to play around with whatsapp when I'm travelling. It would be interesting to communicate with the "locals" as I am a stranger in a strange land.

I read somewhere that some people are using it to find company for the night:smile:

Din know Whasapp got that feature.
For hooking up wechat is the best app but you get a lot of FLs as well

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Din know Whasapp got that feature.
For hooking up wechat is the best app but you get a lot of FLs as well

Oops, sorry I just took a look & I have Wechat on my iPad:o

When I wanted to install whatsapp I couldn't find it for the iPad:confused:
**I think its only available for phones & not iPads**

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

since when does your ipad have a phone number?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
since when does your ipad have a phone number?

I figured that you needed a phone. Back when I got my iPad I was very new with these chat apps. Still am & only find them useful when I travel. That's why I only use Wechat which I can use on my iPad.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I figured that you needed a phone. Back when I got my iPad I was very new with these chat apps. Still am & only find them useful when I travel. That's why I only use Wechat which I can use on my iPad.

although whatsapp is not supported on the ipad, you can still go through the trouble of downloading it as a web browser messaging app (it's freaking cumbersome and uses a web browser) and use your iphone as the main whatsapp device and tether your ipad to the iphone via wi-if to make use of the iphone's sms and phone features. ipad has the 4g lte option but doesn't support old school telephony and sms, unlike the iphone.

http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/how-install-whatsapp-on-ipad-3508959/

Last edited:

ByTheWay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

By the way i have been using WhatsApp without using my real number but then my real number is not registered under my name :eek:

21221392c1021b74bf1c8d8bbf6748a73da58122.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
although whatsapp is not supported on the ipad, you can still go through the trouble of downloading it as a web browser messaging app ....

Thanks but I don't think I'll need whatsapp.

I use Wechat because all you need is a wifi connection & nowadays hotels provide a wifi connection. When I travel I use a foreign phone card & people can reach me by sms.