• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Of Sabah KK Quake, TKPS and its after shocks...

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Act of God can claim insurance meh?

Why some of the names sound FT?

sjvictims070615.jpg

Property Tycoons Royal Brothers Son ???

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't think the tragic events that caused the death of 10 Singaporeans can claim insurance. It's an Act of God and insurance companies already covered their backside on that score. Only way to claim monies is to sue the school or MOE for negligence or something !

Possible . Some Form of Class Action By the Parents .

Lawyer Preferable a SC and preferable a Singh :*: :confused:

shiokalingam

Alfrescian
Loyal

Don't think the tragic events that caused the death of 10 Singaporeans can claim insurance. It's an Act of God and insurance companies already covered their backside on that score. Only way to claim monies is to sue the school or MOE for negligence or something !

see Falling Tree Case :

Cathedral insurers to pay out amount agreed upon in High Court

A WOMAN who became paralysed after she was hit by falling branches from a tree growing on the St Andrew’s Cathedral grounds has been awarded $500,000.

But the money is cold comfort to her.

“It doesn’t matter even if you give me millions of dollars. I just want to be normal and stand up again,” China-born Madam Wang Shu Xiang said yesterday.

The amount was agreed upon at the High Court on Wednesday. This is the first reported court hearing involving injury from a falling tree branch.

Madam Wang, 45, a “study mama” from Hubei, had sought $1 million through lawyers from Hoh Law Corporation. The payout was halved after objections by lawyers from KhattarWong for the insurers.

Madam Wang was walking with a friend along North Bridge Road on Aug 25, 2008 when branches from a tree growing in the compound of the landmark church fell on them. There was no rain at the time, although it had rained earlier.

She was struck on the head and body and the injuries left her paralysed from the chest down. She spent 50 days at the Singapore General Hospital where she underwent several operations, including spinal treatments and bone grafting.

She continued treatment at a Beijing hospital before returning here in April last year to be with her 12-year-old son, who is studying here.

The cathedral had initially claimed the mishap was an act of God and beyond its control. It also blamed the landscape contractor for failing to do a proper job.

But in September last year, it accepted liability – thus sparing her the trauma of going though a trial – and narrowed the court issue to the quantum of the payout.

Madam Wang’s lawyer, Mr N. Srinivasan, sought a total of $1.064 million for various items such as future medical expenses, but lawyer K. Anparasan for the insurers whittled the sum to $500,000.

For example, instead of $250,000 to compensate for loss of earnings, she got $30,000 after the insurers pointed out that her purpose in coming here was to look after her son, not to work.

Her estimates of some $360,000 to meet medical needs and maid expenses for the next 25 years were scaled down to about $124,000 for the next 10 years.

Mr Anparasan said a “reasonable and just settlement was reached with the claimant overall”.

But all the money in the world will not bring back her ability to walk.

Madam Wang used to love shopping but hardly leaves her flat in Serangoon North now.

“I used to be so healthy. I don’t go out any more because it’s inconvenient. I always need to get someone to go with me, and I also have to wear diapers,” she said, touching her legs.

She is resigned to never being able to stand again as doctors have said her chances of recovery are slim.

She spends her days watching television and surfing the Internet. Three times a day, she hoists herself onto a set of parallel bars to stretch her muscles and get some exercise. A housekeeper comes regularly to help her with the housework.

She laments not being able to accompany her son to his school in Yishun. Her family from China comes to Singapore once every few months to see her. She did not want to say much about her husband.

The cathedral authorities said yesterday that they share the pain and anguish of Madam Wang and her family, and are pleased the unfortunate case has been fairly resolved: “We can only pray that Madam Wang will eventually recover to live a normal life.”

They have since taken additional steps to inspect the trees in the cathedral grounds and trim them regularly.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sabah quake (05 June 15) : Day of National Remembrance on 8 June , Monday , 2015

Sabah quake (05 June 15) : Day of National Remembrance on 8 June , Monday , 2015

Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong
has declared Monday (June 8)
a Day of National Remembrance for the victims of the Sabah earthquake.
State flags on all government buildings will be flown at half mast,
while a minute of silence will be observed at all SEA Games venues.
The bodies of six pupils and a teacher from Tanjong Katong Primary,
along with their Singaporean guide, have been recovered.
A student and a teacher are still missing.​

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/#sthash.g2Clwzt4.dpuf

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Cannot claim under 'act of God' as this earthquake was not a random natural disaster. According to a number of high-ranking Sabah officials, the earthquake was caused by a couple of ang moh nudists. So, the families of the victims should sue the ang mo nudists directly for compensation.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Sabah quake (05 June 15) : Day of National Remembrance on 8 June , Monday ,

many years ago, when SIA had accident in Taiwan, there was no remembrance day.
please correct me if i am wrong

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Why MOE ?

going by your logic, since maids have been known to cause the deaths of employers and vice versa, might as well ban both maids and employers. otherwise, the gov is incompetent whenever there is death due to accidents. what kind of fucked up logic is this?

Heard that it is common for employers to change their maids on a frequentl basis.
These maids are foreigners who have never worked in Spore & obviously some do not satisfy the expectations of their bosses.

The schools are a different matter. They are supposed to be run by professionals looking after the welfare of the students.
I am really shocked that schools have been sending primary school kids on these dangerous trips. I bet there will be many angry parents who will be questioning the schools about this.

However I am no longer surprised by what goes on in Spore. With so much incompetence in the gov't it should come as no surprise to find it everywhere.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal

It will be interesting to see how much compensation they can get. I think insurance does not include Act of God and they also sign idemnity form not to sue the schools or MOE. If this involves one isolated case, that person is screwed. But since it is now a national tragedy, I am sure the gahment will provide some compensation but it will still be interesting to know the amt.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: All Sg KK dead victims identified

No mood to watch SEA games liao!

On this note..can any SEA game victories or medals haul be made more low-keyed in view of this disaster.

The Nation must stay united and empathize with the grieving families .

We are fully aware that the family is in a very difficult time if one loses a young ones at such tender age.

Forget about those medal hauls and victories because we can easily buy them with foreign imports.

We cannot buy back the lives of those lost in Kota Kinabalu.

May their souls have a peaceful rest.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Or get strangled to death by the opposition cocksuckers and anti-Singapore people, who are forever pandering to foreign powers to destabilize Singapore for self-interests and self-glorification.

u tok simi lanjoew way..... papigs are the one kowtow to angmo tuakee.

if your son stab himself while playing bayonet fighting with fellow recruits, see u blame your son or blame saf. enlistee can get injure in the most stupid situations. I remember SOA two cadets who suppose to pass out as occifiers in another 2 days got OOC because they cut themselves while playing swordfighting with their occifier swords. This the standard of arseholes in the saf occifiers corp.:oIo:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

However I am no longer surprised by what goes on in Spore. With so much incompetence in the gov't it should come as no surprise to find it everywhere.

by your logic, all the midwestern and southern states in the u.s. that have high death tolls as a result of deadly tornadoes this year must be truly incompetent as they allow residents to build their homes right in the unpredictable paths of tornadoes. any competent gov or state would have predicted natural disasters and prevented their citizens from risking danger and death? :*:

http://www.weather.com/storms/tornado/news/tornadoes-return-may-2015#!

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal

by your logic, all the midwestern and southern states in the u.s. that have high death tolls as a result of deadly tornadoes this year must be truly incompetent as they allow residents to build their homes right in the unpredictable paths of tornadoes. any competent gov or state would have predicted natural disasters and prevented their citizens from risking danger and death? :*:

http://www.weather.com/storms/tornado/news/tornadoes-return-may-2015#!

Stupid analogy (no suprise here). You need a place to live, but you dont have to climb mount kinabalu.