• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Another millionaire minted by the PAP

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20150603_Kwek_PSD%20copy.jpg

Mr Kwek Mean Luck has been appointed as the Second Solicitor-General of the Attorney-General’s Chambers. Mr Kwek is currently Deputy Secretary (Development) in the Public Service Division of the Prime Minister’s Office and chief executive of Civil Service College Singapore.

The Attorney-General's Chambers (AGC) will have a Second Solicitor-General on July 1.
Mr Kwek Mean Luck has been appointed to the role by the president and members of the Legal Service Commission, said the AGC in a press statement yesterday.

The commission recruits, promotes and disciplines legal service officers.

Mr Kwek, 42, is currently Deputy Secretary (Development) in the Public Service Division of the Prime Minister's Office and chief executive of Civil Service College Singapore.

He will be reappointed to the Legal Service and will occupy the fourth-highest-ranking post at the AGC.
As the Second Solicitor-General, Mr Kwek will be helping Attorney-General V.K. Rajah.

Mr Rajah said: "Mr Kwek brings with him considerable experience and knowledge from his stints in both the Legal Service and the Administrative Service.

"As the AGC undergoes a period of reorganisation and process re-engineering, (his) prior experiences will be valuable."

Mr Kwek read law at the University of Cambridge on a Public Service Commission Overseas Merit Scholarship, and later went on to obtain a Master of Laws from Harvard University under the Lee Kuan Yew Scholarship in 2000.

On his career front, he was a Justices' Law Clerk at the Supreme Court in 1998 and was appointed District Judge in the then Subordinate Courts - now known as the State Courts - three years later. In 2004, he was appointed Senior Assistant Registrar in the Supreme Court.

He also held several appointments in the Government's elite Administrative Service, including Deputy Secretary (Industry) in the Ministry of Trade and Industry, and served on the boards of various government agencies, such as the National Heritage Board.

In recognition of his outstanding contributions to public service, he was awarded the Public Administration Medal (Silver) in 2010.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are our elites so incompetent? The AG needs two solicitor-general to help him.

In some ministries, there are two or three full ministers in a ministry, assisted by one or two junior ministers (minister of state).

In PMO, there are numerous ministers to assist the PM.

I thought we are paying for top talent in our government. Yet, they have such low productivity. Will the government issue a productivity report on the cabinet and top civil servants?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His name speaks volume isn't George!??....you case come up against him, he is MEAN & you have no LUCK.... ha ha ha ha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why are our elites so incompetent? The AG needs two solicitor-general to help him.

In some ministries, there are two or three full ministers in a ministry, assisted by one or two junior ministers (minister of state).

I thought we are paying for top talent in our government. Yet, they have such low productivity. Will the government issue a productivity report on the cabinet and top civil servants?

Don't forget you have a 'useless' Sant Paul, hiding in PMO for 3 decades isn't? what did he do in PMO???

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any dentist here? Why the teeth after 40s automatically split out ? Mine is kind like move a gap of 2mm for the front teeth also.

In order for the tooth to move, there has to be space for it to move between the molars. Teeth between the left and right molars will move if there is gap.

You can go for a veneer treatment to fill the gap. Don't do it in Singapore as it's expensive. Do it in JB or Thailand.

blissquek

Alfrescian
Loyal

Good point...What the Fcu.k we need 5 Mayors in this tiny Red dot of some 700 sq.km..??

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

every single department in Govt like that one............collectively, they hire a lot of JiakLiaoBees..........so they and their families will vote PAP...........all done to buy votes..........

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You got to keep the feeding trough long and wide, so the number of party loyalists is maintained. :wink:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any dentist here? Why the teeth after 40s automatically split out ? Mine is kind like move a gap of 2mm for the front teeth also.

This is what happens when you constantly dig your teeth with toothpicks, especially those from Din Tai Fung.

iluvgst

Alfrescian
Loyal

This big and costly government at the expense of taxpayers will be the downfall of singapore.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good point...What the Fcu.k we need 5 Mayors in this tiny Red dot of some 700 sq.km..??

London and KL all large cities have only I mayor. Singapore being a city-state should just have Pinkie as the mayor-cum-PM. :rolleyes::rolleyes:5 mayors for fark. We becum the laughing stock of the world!:biggrin: