• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Just got free upgrade to windows 10 msg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup got this msg on my win 8.1 the free upgrade will be available in july.

211987512365a7dc8bcf1dbf33350cbd95ae3abf.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup got this msg on my win 8.1 the free upgrade will be available in july.

211987512365a7dc8bcf1dbf33350cbd95ae3abf.jpg

windoze is like the pxp government, free upgrade, subsidised etc....after you have upgraded, you find, you have to pay for Add-ons, for example, the media player you get is skimpy, you pay for a full version, the photo editor too, you pay for a full one, the 'imitation siri' will be skimpy, want full features, pay for add ons....& so forth.

On the surface, it look impressive & slick, read the instructions carefully, after installation, you are all theirs, no opting out....just like the pxp...:rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
windoze is like the pxp government, free upgrade, subsidised etc....after you have upgraded, you find, you have to pay for Add-ons, for example, the media player you get is skimpy, you pay for a full version, the photo editor too, you pay for a full one, the 'imitation siri' will be skimpy, want full features, pay for add ons....& so forth.

On the surface, it look impressive & slick, read the instructions carefully, after installation, you are all theirs, no opting out....just like the pxp...:rolleyes:

You'll need to sign up for a Microsoft account, and with that Microsoft will data mine the shit out of you, push its 'ecosystem' onto you e.g. Bing, Outlook, Onedrive, Cortana, Edge (formerly known as Internet Explorer).

Microsoft's true goal is to get you to buy a Windows phone or tablet, then download or purchase apps from the Microsoft App Store (Microsoft gets a cut of the revenue).

Another thing to note: the Home version of Windows 10 will not allow you to disable automatic updates. So if one freshly released crappy patch damages your system, good luck to you. You'll need the Professional or Enterprise versions to disable automatic updates.

Windows 10 is still a fantastic upgrade over the shit called Windows 8. Microsoft had publicly acknowledged Win8's epic flop. The 'free upgrade to Win10 during the first year' is just a gimmick to appease the grumbling OEM partners and anxious MSFT shareholders. :biggrin:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You'll need to sign up for a Microsoft account, and with that Microsoft will data mine the shit out of you, push its 'ecosystem' onto you e.g. Bing, Outlook, Onedrive, Cortana, Edge (formerly known as Internet Explorer).

Microsoft's true goal is to get you to buy a Windows phone or tablet, then download or purchase apps from the Microsoft App Store (Microsoft gets a cut of the revenue).

Another thing to note: the Home version of Windows 10 will not allow you to disable automatic updates. So if one freshly released crappy patch damages your system, good luck to you. You'll need the Professional or Enterprise versions to disable automatic updates.

Windows 10 is still a fantastic upgrade over the shit called Windows 8. Microsoft had publicly acknowledged Win8's epic flop. The 'free upgrade to Win10 during the first year' is just a gimmick to appease the grumbling OEM partners and anxious MSFT shareholders. :biggrin:

I have a Microsoft Account, for a windows OS 8.1, an Office 365 account too, that was for some idiotic staff I used to have, who does not comprehend a Mac OS machine, in which I am using & for the office too. I am too familiar with microshit!...used it since DOS version 1.0, Lotus 123 ver 1.0 ( still have the diskettes to proof) display write version? & Dbase version?....moved away from winshit ages ago...but kept one machine, on that going, so that, I have to be in tune with the windozed for dummies people...

Get a Mac, don't look back...windows 10.0 no different from DOS 1.0 in its DNA....it still sucks!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
must reserve one meh ?

so u get free upgrade la.

No worries i didn't pay for my win 7, win 8 or 8.1 either but then again with this free upgrade i don't need to look for new windows keys which is what essentially MS uses to prove that you have paid for your windows.

It's very easy to install windows FOC you don't need to buy it from the shop you can d/l it FOC from MS itself but after a certain period say 30 days you need to input that key which proves that you have purchased the product. Well i manage to get all these keys FOC so i have not paid for any of my windows versions since win xp. My macbook also has win 8 but my desktop has 8.1 the point is with this free update i just update it directly without having to search for a win 10 key or to newly install it. Makes it easier for me.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so u get free upgrade la.

No worries i didn't pay for my win 7, win 8 or 8.1 either but then again with this free upgrade i don't need to look for new windows keys which is what essentially MS uses to prove that you have paid for your windows.

It's very easy to install windows FOC you don't need to buy it from the shop you can d/l it FOC from MS itself but after a certain period say 30 days you need to input that key which proves that you have purchased the product. Well i manage to get all these keys FOC so i have not paid for any of my windows versions since win xp. My macbook also has win 8 but my desktop has 8.1 the point is with this free update i just update it directly without having to search for a win 10 key or to newly install it. Makes it easier for me.

got free keys never let us know ah................throw us a bone leh..........

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

to be honest i am glad i saved my contacts on my hotmail account instead of inside my phone. I have a few phones and when i save a contact on one phone it shows up on the rest. No more losing contacts once your phone conks out and to be honest it's pretty often with the amount of crap smart phones have and something causes them to screw up and you need to do factory resets etc.