• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Pap ib

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
No wonder that Tan can send his stoopid ediot son to RI, must be pulling some string

RJC, it's RJC. My son graduated from RI last year. My son did well enough for his O-levels to make it into RJC on his own merit.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you. I hope one day to be like our former president S R Nathan, who was conferred the Order of Temasek medal for his loyalty and contribution to Singapore. To many singaporeans, he was a much better president than his predecessor, who was denied a State funeral. I think it had something to do with his lackustre performance while serving in the highest office.

The biggest bone is coming your way... The Order of Bloodsuckers!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RJC, it's RJC. My son graduated from RI last year. My son did well enough for his O-levels to make it into RJC on his own merit.

John Tan, you are a smart man. Your son is so clever....in RJC... he must have taken a chip of the old block.... Are you also from RI or RJC ?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
John Tan, you are a smart man. Your son is so clever....in RJC... he must have taken a chip of the old block.... Are you also from RI or RJC ?

No I wasn't. My family was much poorer when I was younger and I had to study in some lousy neighbourhood school. But I still managed to succeed because I worked hard in a meritocratic society under PAP's rule. Moving up from rags-to-riches is a huge vote winner for PAP. It makes up for numerous minor unhappiness with PAP such as COEs, parking fines and occasional train disruptions.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I wasn't. My family was much poorer when I was younger and I had to study in some lousy neighbourhood school. But I still managed to succeed because I worked hard in a meritocratic society under PAP's rule. Moving up from rags-to-riches is a huge vote winner for PAP. It makes up for numerous minor unhappiness with PAP such as COEs, parking fines and occasional train disruptions.

Dun bluff can... John Tan?

You forgot to mention you join the grassloots. That's how you succeeded by pulling strings and being granted favors. Whatever you can loot, you take!

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I take my hat off to you ... your example is a sterling testimony of the meritocracy system.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dun bluff can... John Tan?

You forgot to mention you join the grassloots. That's how you succeeded by pulling strings and being granted favors. Whatever you can loot, you take!

I joined grassroots AFTER I established myself professionally. Grassroots is just a way for me to give back to society. While I have made new friends in the grassroots, I do not make use of the grassroots network in any way for professional work. My line of work does not overlap with grassroots circles at all. So, my professional work will succeed or fail with or without my grassroots contacts.

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I joined grassroots AFTER I established myself professionally. Grassroots is just a way for me to give back to society. While I have made new friends in the grassroots, I do not make use of the grassroots network in any way for professional work. My line of work does not overlap with grassroots circles at all. So, my professional work will succeed or fail with or without my grassroots contacts.

Big bullshit! No one is a grasslooter for no gain!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Big bullshit! No one is a grasslooter for no gain!

Not everyone is as superficial as an opposition IB. They claim they are for the people, and willing to accept low pay and sacrifice for the nation. But most people know that they have sinister intentions and cannot be trusted. Below is an example of a good grassroots guy, who has been in the grassroots for 50 years. He's not the sort to do grassroots for monetary gain.

20150316_retiredgrassrotleader_ST.JPG

RETIRED businessman Phang Tai Heng has been a volunteer in Jalan Besar for more than 50 years.

The 86-year-old, who spent many years as chairman of the Jalan Besar Community Club management committee and Citizens Consultative Committee (CCC), is probably Singapore's oldest and longest-serving grassroots leader.

His connection to the area began when at 19 he started working in an engineering workshop that his father owned.

"After all these years, I know both the people and place very well and have seen how the area has grown," said Mr Phang, who is patron of both the community club's management committee and the CCC.

His years of service were acknowledged by Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong at a Chinese New Year party for more than 4,000 community and grassroots leaders at the Istana earlier this month.

PM Lee gave him a special SG50 ez-link card with a handwritten "thank you" note on its red pocket- sized folder.

"May you always be blessed with health and happiness and thank you for 50 years of service to our nation," wrote PM Lee, a surprise guest at the party.

Another veteran grassroots leader, Mr Phua Him Ko, 74, of Kampong Glam CCC, received the same token of appreciation.

Mr Phang, who took over his father's engineering business, operated a foundry as well before moving into the real estate and cinema businesses in Queenstown. He was awarded the Public Service Star for social and community service in 1997.
- See more at: http://news.asiaone.com/news/singap...e-after-50-years-service#sthash.p3hUKQx9.dpuf

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not everyone is as superficial as an opposition IB. They claim they are for the people, and willing to accept low pay and sacrifice for the nation. But most people know that they have sinister intentions and cannot be trusted. Below is an example of a good grassroots guy, who has been in the grassroots for 50 years. He's not the sort to do grassroots for monetary gain.

He was awarded the Public Service Star for social and community service in 1997.

That's all we need to know.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You are talking cock and repeating the same lies again.

Know what they say about lies, repeat it often and it becomes the truth.

There is no such thing as an Opposition IB. Get that into your fucking numb skull.

You are just lying if you cannot show us some evidence of a structured Opposition IB run by any opposition parties.

As for PAP IBs, here are just some of the articles written about them.

Has the PAP Internet Brigade lost its teeth?
http://www.sgpolitics.net/?p=1827

Inside the World of the PAP Internet Brigade (PAP IB)
https://www.reach.gov.sg/YourSay/Di...ormAction=[[ssBlogThread_VIEW]]&tid=[[10072]]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Source: Jason Lee

1005211_496776150407418_1430485850_n.jpg

The Straits Times, Feb 3, 2007:
PAP moves to counter criticism of party, Govt in cyberspace
By Li Xueying

THE People's Action Party (PAP) is mounting a quiet counter-insurgency against its online critics.
It has members going into Internet forums and blogs to rebut anti-establishment views and putting up postings anonymously.

Sources told The Straits Times the initiative is driven by two sub-committees of the PAP's 'new media' committee chaired by Manpower Minister Ng Eng Hen.

One sub-committee, co-headed by Minister of State (Education) Lui Tuck Yew and Hong Kah GRC MP Zaqy Mohamad, strategises the campaign.

The other is led by Tanjong Pagar GRC MP Baey Yam Keng and Bishan-Toa Payoh GRC MP Josephine Teo. Called the 'new media capabilities group', it executes the strategies.

Both were set up after last year's General Election. Aside from politicians, some 20 IT-savvy party activists are also involved.

When contacted, Mr Baey declined to give details of the group's activities, but he outlined the broad principles of the initiative.

It was necessary for the PAP to have a voice in cyberspace as there were few in the online community who were pro-establishment, he said.

As such, the committees aim to 'observe how new media is developing and see how we can use the new media as part of the overall media landscape', he added.

'How do we facilitate views that are pro-party and propagate them through the Internet?'

The approach reflects comments by Rear-Admiral (NS) Lui at the PAP's party conference in December. He called on younger activists to put up views 'to moderate the vitriol and balance the skewed comments' on the Internet.

But this can only work if activists are not 'too obvious' about it, Mr Baey said yesterday. Otherwise it comes across as 'propaganda'.

'The identity is not important. It is the message that is important,' he added.

One activist who is involved said that when posting comments on online forums and the feedback boxes of blogs, he does not identify himself as a PAP member.

He tracks popular blogs and forums to 'see if there is anything we can clarify' on hot-button topics such as the impending hike in the Goods and Services Tax.

But he added: 'We don't rebut everything. Sometimes, what is said is fair enough, and we send the feedback on to the committee.'

This latest initiative comes on top of a blog site with posts by 12 MPs born after Singapore's Independence in 1965.

It recognises that more younger Singaporeans are relying on the new media as a main source of information.

An Institute of Policy Studies (IPS) study conducted last year found that younger and better-educated Singaporeans relied on information from the Internet when shaping their voting choices at the last GE.

Among the opposition parties, members and supporters of the Workers' Party, in particular, post regularly on forums online.

But IPS senior research fellow Tan Tarn How wonders about the effectiveness of the PAP's campaign.

He said Internet users who post on forums such as Sammyboy tend not to be interested in 'intellectual debate' and so will not be persuaded by PAP activists anyway.

As for more serious-minded bloggers, he said the views that the activists may put out are already available in the mainstream media.

http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2007/02/pap_now_says_hi.html

http://theory.isthereason.com/?p=1502

http://www.littlespeck.com/content/politics/CTrendsPolitics-121124.htm

10156053_768287116537611_1063162300464168273_n.jpg

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

you nigger you cannot be trusted. Fake piece of shit