• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Casucasian woman found dead hanging from ledge at swissotel city hall.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
actnhs.jpg

image.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: An Australian woman in her 50s was found dead at the parapet of the second floor of Swissotel The Stamford on Saturday afternoon (May 30), Channel NewsAsia understands.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said it was alerted to a case of fall from height at the hotel at about 2pm. An ambulance and a fire engine were dispatched to the scene, it added.

According to SCDF, the woman was pronounced dead upon arrival of the paramedics.

Channel NewsAsia also understands that she fell from the 60th floor of the building. No foul play is suspected.

Police are currently investigating.

D

Deleted member 80916

Does anyone have the suicide statistics in Singapore?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I got out of the City Hall MRT station this evening at 5pm into Raffles City and this is what I saw on my right

Police cars and people looking up

Close up - police cars

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Does anyone have the suicide statistics in Singapore?

I dont but you may want to know that in the 80s, my land div gets 2-3 suicide cases on average a day. Back then, 7 land divs. A colleague of mine, I suspect, holds the record. He attended 7 suicide cases on his tour of duty. Bloody jinx. Anyone partnering him also sure get lots of cases on their 'on' day. Even the detectives will choose not to make arrests to lessen his workload.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont but you may want to know that in the 80s, my land div gets 2-3 suicide cases on average a day. Back then, 7 land divs. A colleague of mine, I suspect, holds the record. He attended 7 suicide cases on his tour of duty. Bloody jinx. Anyone partnering him also sure get lots of cases on their 'on' day. Even the detectives will choose not to make arrests to lessen his workload.

per capita wise . one of the highest in Asia.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
per capita wise . one of the highest in Asia.

Maybe. I think it's the high stress and unforgiving climate for failures that is one of the causal factor. Like a bro in this forum who rightly defined suicide as a permanent solution to a temporary problem. I think it was bro glockman.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Recently, there seems to be a spate of high storey's fall deaths.

Just a few weeks ago, we heard of the SengKang's workplace 's death incidence where a Shandong worker plunged 19 storeys to his death after being hit by a prefab construct. Now, even "garang" was the incidence of a caucasian woman who fell 60 storeys to her death at Swissotel Hotel.

Is there an underlying message here ( locals are afraid of heights ) or they are merely coincidences that the victims are foreigners ?