• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Foreign Scholar of NTU Becomes Billionaire Before 30! Thank You PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PAP did the right thing to invest in the education of foreign talent. Here, we have a graduate of NTU who went on to be a bigger deal than Sim Wong Hoo. In contrast, our local NUS and NTU graduates mostly aspire to be paid a starting pay of $3500 to $4000 per month. Sinkies' dreams are really pitiful.

11252684_1674336226118997_7745278861548783667_n.jpg

This is Chinese billionaire Leo Ou Chen, who did his undergraduate studies in Singapore on a scholarship from 2001 to 2005.

From his college dorm, he founded online gaming platform Gerena which had 10,000 users at its peak. Even though it was a success, he was frustrated at not being able to secure investors as many of them seemed to trust MBA holders over "broke kids".

Less than 2 years after he graduated from Nanyang Technological University, he went to Stamford in 2007 to do his MBA and eventually co-founded Jumei.com which was listed on the NYSE in 2014 and became a Billionaire before he reached the age of 30.

It is unclear of how he has contributed to Singapore despite our country giving him chances to build up his skills and succeed. Do you buy the argument that foreigners are good for us? Is this fair to Singaporean youths who were otherwise deprived of a place in NTU?
https://www.facebook.com/reduceNS/p...910421794913/1674336226118997/?type=1&theater

babuSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkies are contented with a 3 mth bonus every year which 50% goes to maintaining their car and the rest for their wives' incessant demands so they can show on facebook what a good life they got

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What a waste of our tax dollars! No benefit for sinkapore from this foreigner.

No true foreign talent wants to stay in sinkapore ...it is a hell-hole in so many ways.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP did the right thing to invest in the education of foreign talent.

I call upon the Sinkie gabrament to allocate 90% of its scholarships to Ah Tiongs, Ah Nehs, Pinoys, Banglas and Rohingya Muslims, leaving only 10% to Sinkies.

Sinkies are wealthy according to LHL; they can support themselves through college (a/k/a university).

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
This shows just how good the PAP is when it comes to producing talent. If Sinkies can't make it big too, it is their own fault for being too risk averse. You can't blame the PAP for that.

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
we also got talent, property agent...!

Millionaire at 26 with just one deal

Poly grad chose profession against her family's wishes

By Joyce Lim

A PROPERTY agent who went into real estate against the wishes of her family has become an overnight millionaire after selling a penthouse at the Le Nouvel Ardmore for a record $51 million last month.
The deal would have reaped PropNex agent Shirley Seng a commission of about $1.5 million.
Ms Seng, 26, was reluctant to disclose details of the sale at the 43-unit freehold condo but confirmed that the transaction was completed last month after negotiations started in March.
The huge sale price - it is believed to be a record for a local penthouse - was paid by Mr Sun Tongyu, the co-founder of e-commerce giant Alibaba.
Mr Sun is a Singapore permanent resident.
While it looks like a life-changing transaction deal for Ms Seng, a Nanyang Polytechnic graduate, she is determined to carry on as before.
"This deal is good money, like hitting the jackpot. But this is my lifelong career; if I go for a long holiday now, I may lose my clients when I return," she said.
"I still sleep in the living room of a terraced house in Serangoon where I live with my parents, grandparents, two sisters, four other relatives and one maid.
"I bought a seven-seater Volkswagen MPV so that my grandparents can travel in comfort. They have been supporting my family all these years as my dad has been sick and unable to work. My mum is a housewife."
Ms Seng has not slowed down either, submitting around 16 transactions last month, with another seven this month. She is said to have made about $1.7 million in commission in 53 deals - mostly struck in the rental market - since she joined PropNex in January.
Quite a record for someone with less than five years of experience in the job, one her family was against her taking as they felt she was "young and has no contacts" on which to base a real estate career.
"They told me how their friends didn't make it and advised me to get a job with a stable income. My grandpa then offered to support me in a degree programme with Singapore Management University," said Ms Seng, who holds a diploma in multimedia and infocomm technology. "But I was determined to give it a try. I thought, if I couldn't make it in a year, then I will go for a degree."
Ms Seng joined HSR International Realtors for four months before moving to ERA Realty, where she stayed for four years.
She said she penetrated the network of wealthy people by helping to rent out their apartments, especially those in Marina Bay and the Orchard area.
Mr Sun was a referral from a client she had previously served at Marina Bay Residences.
"I only knew that he is someone of high net worth. And like any high-net-worth clients, they usually know what they want. And I am there to help to execute their plans," said Ms Seng.
And if there is one tip she could give in dealing with wealthy clients, Ms Seng advises: "Speed is crucial. I always try to get back to them within one to two hours. I want to let them know that they are my priority."
Ms Seng, who zips around town in a white, three-year-old Audi A4, said she also goes the extra mile for clients, such as picking them up in her car and dropping them off wherever they want to go. Sometimes she also helps them run errands.
"Times are tough, unlike 10 or 20 years ago. Today's agents need to do more for their clients. But you need to do it with your heart, so they can feel your sincerity," she said.
"I often get people asking me if it is money that drives me. I would tell them that many people are motivated by money, especially when they come from a poor family background.
"I work hard to give my family a good life."
[email protected]

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...-nets-26-year-old-property-agent-15m-20150529

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This shows just how good the PAP is when it comes to producing talent. If Sinkies can't make it big too, it is their own fault for being too risk averse. You can't blame the PAP for that.

PAP doesnt have any talent themselves how do they produce talents?the only companies they create are ex national public essential services companies,or state sanctioned monopolies or leeched from state resources and taxpayers monies.

The government is full of scholar generals and paper qualified pseudo ceos,if theres even one person in the pap thats even like this tiong who knows what hes doing,a true blooded capitalist and entrepreneur.it would still be evil but less incompetent.

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what did he gave sg in return......... ta ta you suckers

Why does he need to give sg in return?just what exactly did sg contribute to his amazing talent and incredible accomplishments?many sinkies have had 16 years of sinkie education bestowed upon them and ended up failures selling bak kut teh and property agents.how many has created multiple companies with hundreds of thousands of users platform and billion dollar valuations?this guy is china's elon musk.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP did the right thing to invest in the education of foreign talent. Here, we have a graduate of NTU who went on to be a bigger deal than Sim Wong Hoo. In contrast, our local NUS and NTU graduates mostly aspire to be paid a starting pay of $3500 to $4000 per month. Sinkies' dreams are really pitiful.

he got give money to PAP meh ?...............if not, still waste money on foreigners what...........:oIo:

Jumei ??!!................simi lanjiao lai eh.............never heard of leh..........