• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Question about police ranks

Raynall

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would like to ask those of you who were police regulars or NS men about a certain rank in the SPF.

What is a "C.O." (i.e. commanding officer) as far as the SPF is concerned? I was chatting with a colleague and he said that's just a few slots below commissioner of police but I said someone with the rank of "Station Inspector" is in charge of day-to-day running of a police center and "station inspector" is only a non-commissioned rank, right? So who is right?

And is it right to say the "station inspector" of a police center is the "C.O."? Like an army camp C.O.?

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
So a "C.O." would have to be higher than S.I.?

Commanding Officer is the Head of the Neighbourhood Police Centre.

Each NPC is headed by a Commanding Officer (CO), with the assistance of an Operations Officer (OO). The pool of officers in the NPC, known as neighbourhood police centre officers (NPCOs) are grouped into four Teams, each headed by a Team Leader (TL) and assisted by a Deputy Team Leader (DTL). The CO and OO are Senior police officer positions, while the TLs may be either Senior Officers or Police Officers typically of the rank of Station Inspector and above. The DTL may be any officer of the rank of Staff Sergeant and above.

CO has to be at least an Inspector, but with more Senior Officer Ranks created, it's now run by ASP or even DSP.

The NPC is not a full-fledged Police Station. The full-fledged one is now known as a Division, headed by a Commander with rank of Supt or DAC.

Station Inspector is a rank, not a post. It's equivalent to WO in the army. It's considered NCO.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I would like to ask those of you who were police regulars or NS men about a certain rank in the SPF.

What is a "C.O." (i.e. commanding officer) as far as the SPF is concerned? I was chatting with a colleague and he said that's just a few slots below commissioner of police but I said someone with the rank of "Station Inspector" is in charge of day-to-day running of a police center and "station inspector" is only a non-commissioned rank, right? So who is right?

And is it right to say the "station inspector" of a police center is the "C.O."? Like an army camp C.O.?

I guess TS is either an FT or woman or a kid.

How can a CO (not C.O.) of an army camp be a non-commissioned officer?

Those who been through army, would you write Commanding Officer as C.O. or CO?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When NPP, an Insp would be OC NPP. Some scholars then suggested NPCs in the mid 90s. ASPs were COs. From there it went up to DSPs and nowadays Supts. All these COs report to Comdr of their land div. Comdrs were known as OC in the 80s. Hope this helps. Btw, comdrs nowadays usually DAC or AC. Last time just Supt.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When NPP, an Insp would be OC NPP. Some scholars then suggested NPCs in the mid 90s. ASPs were COs. From there it went up to DSPs and nowadays Supts. All these COs report to Comdr of their land div. Comdrs were known as OC in the 80s. Hope this helps. Btw, comdrs nowadays usually DAC or AC. Last time just Supt.

So like everything else in Sg....even ranks get devalued......
Except for ministers salaries

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess TS is either an FT or woman or a kid.

How can a CO (not C.O.) of an army camp be a non-commissioned officer?

Those who been through army, would you write Commanding Officer as C.O. or CO?

true but now MEs can be CO but only ME6 and above I think

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So like everything else in Sg....even ranks get devalued......
Except for ministers salaries

Yup. Just before I retired, if in a conference or seminar and you throw a stone, sure to hit an ASP. Years later, DSP. Nowadays, sure hit Supt. When I first joined, see DSP machiam see God. Nowadays, see DSP machiam see teenagers in 313 Somerset.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. Just before I retired, if in a conference or seminar and you throw a stone, sure to hit an ASP. Years later, DSP. Nowadays, sure hit Supt. When I first joined, see DSP machiam see God. Nowadays, see DSP machiam see teenagers in 313 Somerset.

what is at 313?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Alamak ...I should have read this post before cultivating a DSP as a friend. Waste my money and time. :biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In the old days (1970's), ASP (one crab) is very senior.
Nowadays, there are numerous ASP's.
There at least 22 DAC's (Deputy Assistant Commissioner).

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
same as in sembawang country club, especially sltc or half colonels.