• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cabby Raymond Lee, 46, 'Punched By Passenger Who Refused to Pay Fare' On 24 May 15

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Cabby Raymond Lee, 46, 'Punched By Passenger Who Refused to Pay Fare' On 24 May 1

why onlookers didnt come forward to help ?

Attachments

• P_20150528_155931_NT_1.jpg
    P_20150528_155931_NT_1.jpg
    635.6 KB · Views: 726

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Cabby Raymond Lee, 46, 'Punched By Passenger Who Refused to Pay Fare' On 24 May 1

Must listen to both side of the story..... :biggrin:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

redwire-sg-taxi-driver-jurong-west-41-fare-2.jpg

Assaulted cabby’s daughter slams slow police action

“3 Calls Then They Came”: Assaulted Taxi Driver’s Daughter, Netizens Slam Police for “Lax” Reaction to His Cries for Help

The daughter of the taxi driver who was beaten up over a taxi fare of S$41 has accused the officers from the Singapore Police Force of being slow to act on her father’s frantic calls for help.

She said that her father made 3 calls to the police, and only after the third call did officers arrive on scene.

Posting on Facebook under the moniker Winrys Hankeshiro, she said that her father had called the police twice before the scuffle between him and the two fare-dodgers, however, officers only arrived after the third call, and by then her father was already injured.

The assault left the taxi driver hospitalised with gashes to the head that required ten stitches.

redwire-sg-taxi-driver-jurong-west-41-fare-3.jpg

This is Winrys Hankeshiro’s Facebook post in full:

I understand that some of you have already known about my dad’s situation now.

My dad is a humble man, earning a meagre wage as a Comfort Taxi Driver, taking only midnight shift. He have to support the expenses of my younger brother and my mother.

My dad always taught me, irregardless of any situation you may face, never retaliate by laying a finger on the other party. Stand held to the belief, he had landed himself into such incident on 24th May, Sunday 2015 in the wee morning.

On 24th Sunday 2015, my dad’s was going to change shift, taking only customers who were headed to Jurong West so he can knock off.

Picking up 2 chinese male singaporean passengers at the area of Esplanade, he drove them to the destination they requested. Stopping halfway a few times during the trip, as one of them needs to vomit as they were drinking beforehand.

Upon reaching Jurong West St 65, Blk 658B, the cab fare have already amounted to $41 dollars. The sober one, opened the door and ran off, while the drunken one, stumbled his way out of the cab.

When my dad realised that he wasn’t going to be paid for his service, he called his cabby friend immediately who happens to be nearby. Drunken one wanted to pay the fare, yet the sober one came back, picked his drunken friend up, wanting to escape again.

Dad had to follow them, leaving his cabby friend behind to look after his cab. Upon reaching the elevator, sober one screamed at my dad as he doesn’t let them go up.

Dad told them to pay up the fare and he shall let the matter rest. When the drunken one pulled his wallet out to pay, the sober one snatched his friend’s wallet away and claimed why should he pay? And told my dad to follow him up the elevator and pay him later.

Dad knew something was amiss, told them firmly no, he will not follow them up or let them go till they pay up. Called the Jalan Bahar J Division Headquarters 2 times yet no turn up of any policemen for assistance. Passersby told the guys to pay up but sober one refused.

Hence, sober one got frustrated and started to lay punches toward my dad which he blocked them, taking backward steps. Sober one knew he couldn’t hit my dad anymore, so he grabbed my dad’s arms and swung him towards the corner of the wall, where the sharp edge is.

By the third call to the police, they finally came. But my dad already got injured. What are the police doing beforehand? Before all these violence and injuries to my dad happen? Luckily, kind passerbys help my dad up and tried their best to stop the bloodflow from the laceration site on my dad’s forehead before the ambulance came.

From what I understand, the one that beat up my dad had been caught by the police. Media had started to interview my dad on this case.

For the guy who did that to my dad, you have to be kidding me right? You can go and tiong (party), you don’t have money to pay for the cab fare? Your drunken bro wants to help and pay, but why you want to make this so big, cause so much commotion and injuries?

$41 dollars may not be alot to you, but for my dad, every cents count to support his loved ones. $41 dollars can lay food on our family table for about 3days.

It’s you who is ought to be ashamed of, have you even thought about what you have done? If it’s your dad who met such things, what will you feel? You should be thanking your lucky stars, that my dad did not meet with any concussion or life endangering condition.

But what you done, it’s not right.

You robbed my dad of his physical aesthetic features. You robbed my dad’s mental health. Last but not least, you robbed him of his daily wages where he should be out there, giving his service to others so he can feed his family.

I hope the kind passersbys who have witnessed the whole situation to give Shin Min Daily News the info to help ease the tension.

I know that there have been cctv footage taken, I just hope you all will be brave to step up for my dad. My dad’s face have been published in the tabloid of 新明日报 on 25th May, Sunday 2015.

I will be looking for advices to fight for my dad’s right. Thank you all for reading and kindly help me share this around.

Source: Benita Aw, Redwire Times

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bapak:

May 28, 2015 at 10:55 am (Quote)
You are very smart to post on FB to show everyone how ineffective is our SPF. This is the pathetic stage of our country. SPF of today is way below par. They seems to serve only one group – their master.

Many, many years ago. The Speaker of Parliament went to Guan Yin Temple with his big Jaguar car. He parked on the roadside. After his prayer, his car was scratched. All he did was one phone call, SPF (believe they activated CID here) came and within hours the culprit was caught. Very efficient.

Another incident, still many, many years before the above incident some more. The gatekeeper of a very high office department went for his lunch at some public place. He left the bunch of keys (very important keys) at the public place. When he went back to retrieve, it was not to be found. All he did was one phone call to you know who. SPF (again believe they activate CID), turned the whole Singapore underworld upside down. Within hours, SOMEONE surrendered the bunch of keys to SPF.

Maybe, the old SPF was more effective. The young never know these stories how effective was our SPF of yesteryears. Now?? You judge.

Rating: +44 (from 44 votes)

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

aiyo huar taxi also must learn some self defence mah, if not everytime hor lang hoot...dont learn mma also must learn wing chun or hong chuen lah :biggrin:

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

http://www.tremeritus.com/2015/05/28/assaulted-taxi-driver’s-daughter-slams-slow-police-action/

old blackbird:
May 28, 2015 at 11:53 am (Quote)
I sympathized with the victim.Now the police will investigate and probably charge the 2 for assault. But looking at the situation in a different perspective like what happens if the taxi driver who is brave enough to handle the 2 culprits by giving them a doze of their own medicine? My guess would be that the taxi driver will be investigated for assaulting passengers and the whole machinery will dawn on him. He will get the MPs coming in with the taxi company in all saying their piece that the taxi driver should have done this and should have done that instead of punching and man handling his passengers.And things like this is public transport and taxi drivers must be courteous as they the the face of Singaporeans and we are a tourist destination.etc etc.The LTA will then suspend his license and the poor chap will be out of job. I generally believe that this is life in Singapore!

Rating: +13 (from 13 votes)

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

The Moral of The Story :

After Reading the Daughter's side of the Story

Mysterious Reporting By The Press yet Again

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

see his face like lau pai kia quite sud how come donno how to fight one ? :biggrin:

azizhussin-070115-e_0.jpg

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

see his face like lau pai kia quite sud how come donno how to fight one ? :biggrin:

azizhussin-070115-e_0.jpg

as a cabby he is " at the lowest of the Food Chain " he will be screwed big time

from all Quarters even if he tried to fight back .

Now i worry for the Two Clowns and esp the One who Assaulted Him .

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

PLS CHECK if the bully is a foreigner or local

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

“3 Calls Then They Came”: Assaulted Taxi Driver’s Daughter, Netizens Slam Police for “Lax” Reaction to His Cries for Help

Go watch Uncle Yap's latest video. Sinkie poodles are truly fucked up... unless of course, if you are CSJ or some dissident, then they become super efficient. :rolleyes:

There's no need to be upset when some Sinkie poodle gets killed or some poodle car gets burnt. They are good things. Rejoice. :cool:

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i am the one that got beaten up, thanks for all your concern, i am now typing this from hospital.:(

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Must listen to both side of the story..... :biggrin:

There are no 2 sides to this story; the taxi driver landed in hospital and his injuries speak louder than a thousand words. The 2 men who attacked him are just cowards, barbarians of the worst kind and should be caned when caught.

The questions that are of interest to sinkies are -

1. Why did the mata mata take 3 calls to arrive at the scene? Were they napping somewhere? The pappies should find out from the Police Commissioner why the lawmen did not respond immediately to the call for help. The efficiency of the police force is doubtful. What is the use of having high tech equipment and ever ready fighting force when they cannot render effective assistance in a case of simple assault?

2. The ethnicity of the two men is not mentioned. Are they foreigners, pinoys, tiongs, ah nehs, etc? In the past, many taxi drivers were whacked by foreigners, British, Italian, tiong, etc. Would the pappies take action to deport these 2 men if they are foreigners?

If the pappies continue to be lenient to foreigners who run wild in the island, whacking of taxi drivers will still occur. The pappies must not allow the foreigners to turn the island into a bushland.

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal

as a cabby he is " at the lowest of the Food Chain " he will be screwed big time from all Quarters even if he tried to fight back .
Now i worry for the Two Clowns and esp the One who Assaulted Him .

not really leh, i know quite afew taxi drivers can fight very well, for eg this guy 54yo can whack 3 fuckers, he 1 punch the first fucker fall down and whole face blood, the other 2 fuckers kuar liao tiok chuak run away :biggrin:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

Go watch Uncle Yap's latest video. Sinkie poodles are truly fucked up... unless of course, if you are CSJ or some dissident, then they become super efficient.

The police force used to have a good reputation for efficiency, professionalism, dedication to duty, etc. Why this drastic drop in standard? Is the answer found in the large number of foreigners recruited by the pappies in the police force?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The police force used to have a good reputation for efficiency, professionalism, dedication to duty, etc. Why this drastic drop in standard? Is the answer found in the large number of foreigners recruited by the pappies in the police force?

I don't know, I'm not a poodle. You have to consult the resident poodles in this forum. :wink:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal

You mean the island isn't already a bushland? :rolleyes:

May be a bushland in Little India until the fire and rioting occurred, Geylang is obviously another bushland now for the tiongs and Vietnamese, street peddlers, drug pushers, triad members, but still, don't let the foreigners turn the whole island into one big bushland.