• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Benefit of the Doubt - FILIPINO CHARGED IN SINGAPORE

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
FILIPINO CHARGED IN SINGAPORE

A Filipino registered nurse, Edz Ello, who is working in Singapore is now facing a unique kind of case. He was arrested due to an alleged Facebook post that maligned Singaporeans. He is now being charged with sedition and lying by the police and was laid off from work by the Tan Tock Seng Hospital.

In line with this, we got in touch with a foreign law expert in the form of Atty. Joyce Domingo Dapat of the Domingo, Munsayac, and Associates Law Offices on our show Kasangga Mo Ang Langit (6-7AM) on DWIZ 882Khz.

LAID OFF FROM WORK

Atty. Joyce told me that what the hospital did to Mr. Ello may be considered unjust because there should be a proper charge with evidence related to his work, not merely a comment on Singapore as a whole. “If we go into defences, our kababayan said his account was hacked,” he said.

BEYOND REASONABLE DOUBT
She also explained that this case brings to light two issues: one, the possibility of a hacked account; and two, the fear of our fellow Filipinos working in Singapore of losing their jobs. “This shouldn’t be the case. If no one saw him type the post, then how can they be sure that his account was indeed not hacked? This is a professional we are talking about. How come his spelling in the post is atrocious? Something does not connect,” she said.

CYBERCRIME?
Mr. Ello was accused of sedition due to the malicious comments published on his Facebook page last January 2, 2015. In this post, he allegedly said “Singaporean Tloosers…” and vowed “…to evict them from the country.” He also allegedly wished “that disastors would strike Singapore and more Singaporeans will die and he would celebrate.” To end his post, he allegedly said that “Pinoys better and stronger than Stinkaporeans.” He followed this up with a comment that said “Kick out all Singaporeans and this country will be a new Filipino state.” This is according to The Strait Times.

SINGAPORE INVESTIGATIONS
According to the authorities, the investigation into this case required digital forensic analysis and examination of server logs. “But they still cannot prove that he was the one who typed the post. Also the tone of the post resembles Singaporean speech and spelling,” Atty. Joyce said.

UNJUST
Atty. Joyce said that the hospital’s move to lay off Mr. Ello is also unjust given that nothing has been proven yet. “I guess they did it because of fear that their reputation will suffer. A similar case occurred when another person posted disparaging remarks against the prime minister. There was no due process, he was similarly just removed from work,” she said.

IMPOUNDED PASSPORT
Mr. Ello’s passport was also impounded-an act I know is illegal. “Yes, this is a violation of the right to travel if the person has not yet been convicted and is not in the black list. This is a basic violation of human rights,” Atty. Joyce affirmed.

TEN THOUSAND DOLLAR BAIL
Mr. Bello’s bail is set at SGD10,000. I asked Atty. Joyce why the bail was set so high. “This is what is stated for the crime of sedition. The biggest mistake of Mr. Ello was that he lied to the police. But then again, maybe he was scared. He is still young. Imagine you’re in a different country then suddenly somebody is arresting you. Of course, you would be afraid. So the bail was doubled. SGD5,000 for sedition and SGD5,0000 for lying,” she said.

CRIME OF SEDITION
I asked Atty. Joyce what Mr. Ello’s possible defense will be. “Well, I think they cannot prove sedition. The money he paid for bail can always be referred to him. Also cybercrime is so hard to prove. Also, all those who saw the post but did not report it may also be called conspirators. What’s important in the proving sedition is proving intent to wreak havoc in Singapore,” she said.

MULTICULTURALISM
Atty. Joyce explained that in Singapore there are really numerous stories of how different Freedom of Expression and Freedom of Speech are practiced. “According to our kababayans, Singaporeans really look at Filipinos as their competition given that we are diligent and speak better English. You really have to be careful about what you say. Also you have to consider that there are an average of 4 different cultures in that country: Indians, Malaysians, Chinese, and Filipinos. You have to be careful not to offend anyone with your remarks,” she said.

QUOTABLE QUOTE
It is better to risk saving a guilty person than to condemn an innocent one. – Voltaire, Zadig

Last edited:

Pek Kim Lui

Alfrescian
Loyal
Joyce the peenay is guranteed $30 for eagle-spreading in Geylang
After a few days her price plunges to $20 for quickie

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really had a good laugh at the remarks that Pinoys are diligent and speak better English.

However it is not a laughing matter when the Pinoy says there are an average of 4 different cultures in sillipore: Indians, Malaysians, Chinese, and Filipinos. Thanks to the pappy, they are now bold enough to say they are part of our culture and the next thing is they may ask for July 27 to be a Public Holiday-being Iglesia ni Cristo Day ( Araw ng Iglesia ni Cristo). The first step was already taken when they wanted to celebrate Pinoy Independence day in the most expensive place -orchard road.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really had a good laugh at the remarks that Pinoys are diligent and speak better English.

However it is not a laughing matter when the Pinoy says there are an average of 4 different cultures in sillipore: Indians, Malaysians, Chinese, and Filipinos. Thanks to the pappy, they are now bold enough to say they are part of our culture and the next thing is they may ask for July 27 to be a Public Holiday-being Iglesia ni Cristo Day ( Araw ng Iglesia ni Cristo). The first step was already taken when they wanted to celebrate Pinoy Independence day in the most expensive place -orchard road.

datz is el cheapo entertainment ala Peenay,,,,, also made my day
now I know why the scums wanted to celebrate Peenoy nationdal day in sg esp Orchard Rd

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Get the fuck out you pompous Pinoys... it's Chinese, Indians (Tamil), Malays and Eurasians. The four official, original ethnic groups of Singapore.

Now, I know some of you Pinoys have deep-rooted national identity and self-esteem issues after centuries of being colonised by Western powers: many Pinay skanks put their ethnicity as 'White/Caucasian' in the dating sites, despite their evidently dark skin, thick lips and broad nose.

But you are not a Eurasian... not even bloody close. You're just a foreign ethnic group that has been imported because the PAP govt has an insatiable lust for cheap labour.

You Pinoys are just raucous pests, like Mexicans to the USA. If the line is not drawn you'll be like them demanding to celebrate Cinco De Mayo.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
They really think they are one of us now? What the fuck is happening?

Atty. Joyce explained that in Singapore there are really numerous stories of how different Freedom of Expression and Freedom of Speech are practiced. “According to our kababayans, Singaporeans really look at Filipinos as their competition given that we are diligent and speak better English. You really have to be careful about what you say. Also you have to consider that there are an average of 4 different cultures in that country: Indians, Malaysians, Chinese, and Filipinos. You have to be careful not to offend anyone with your remarks,” she said.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
After reading her comments I know pinoy land will be down in the dumps for a long with this sort of 'expert law standard'

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
joyce_0.jpg

Joyce Domingo, you're probably equipped with a fake law degree or from the degree mills in the Philippines and so you're not qualified to speak on the Pinoy Dog Ello's case.

You look quite attractive and I suggest that you come to S'pore Orchard Towers to walk the streets in the evening I don't mind to patronize you regularly.

You can probably charge S$100 to S$150 for each short time with blow-job.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal

It IS true. Pinoys are more diligent and speak better English than Sinkies. That's why LEEgime welcomes them with open arms.

However it is not a laughing matter when the Pinoy says there are an average of 4 different cultures in sillipore: Indians, Malaysians, Chinese, and Filipinos. Thanks to the pappy, they are now bold enough to say they are part of our culture.

I fully support LEEgime gives INSTANT Sinkie citizenship to Pinoys who're already in Sinkieland.

Capano2121

Alfrescian
Loyal
joyce_0.jpg

Joyce Domingo, you're probably equipped with a fake law degree or from the degree mills in the Philippines and so you're not qualified to speak on the Pinoy Dog Ello's case.

You look quite attractive and I suggest that you come to S'pore Orchard Towers to walk the streets in the evening I don't mind to patronize you regularly.

PhD from University of Manila still available for USD35.00 inclusive of tax & postage.

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
joyce_0.jpg

PhD from University of Manila still available for USD35.00 inclusive of tax & postage.

One blow-job and short-time service, she can buy 3 PHDs from University of Manila.

Joyce Domingo quick cum to Orchard Towers and I can also be your regular customer.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something is wrong in this fake country when fake foreigner workers holding fake qualifications are allowed to work...approved by a fake MIW.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's think about it. Should Singapore cave in to xenophobic demands from some loser sinkies?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Something is wrong in this fake country when fake foreigner workers holding fake qualifications are allowed to work...approved by a fake MIW.

The PAP govt is playing a numbers game. Quantity >>>>> Quality.

The pappies can casually dismiss any social backlash, because they can keep their the cushy iron rice bowls.